24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I WANT you to participate because you are there. It gives us a better real time look at things.

I'm not one who is freaking about travel to RSA right now. I'm sending my daughter and son in law over in 10 days for their honeymoon. Cape Town- Prince Albert, Knysna, George, Kenton etc. I'm sure they will love it! I love your country. My gripes are more pain for a place I've fallen in love with. I rely on people like you to give us real perspective, so please keep us informed. smile

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
BP-B2

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by KMGHuntingSafaris
Jeff,
I'm not denying that South Africa does not have problems. We've had problems for the past 60 years.

I wrote on another forum that I just got back to South Africa a couple of days ago after wrapping up our show schedule for the 2017 year. Obviously I read the news most days on what was happening back home, and I'll tell you that I was kind of expecting civil war when I got back. That's what it sounds like when you are on your side and it was what I believed.
I got back and was "shocked" to everything running as normal. People were going about their daily business.

We still have a moron running the country, saying stupid things, have a useless government doing nothing, , not speaking out against farm-murders,stealing more money but hey, they probably stole more money when the NP was running the country pre-1994.

What does it help to complain? You are only working yourself up.

What gets me more is the responses on this thread. I was lambasted when I said there was nothing to worry about in the Ebola thread, and that you were in no danger in South Africa. People said I did not know what I was talking about. Same thing happened in the thread of what would happen when Nelson Mandela died.

Do you blame me for not participating in this type of thread anymore? People believe news. What the media says has to be correct, right?
Please continue to post here,this place needs a voice from South Africa! We need some one who actually lives there to give the straight scoop on what is going on.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Jeff,
I'm not denying that South Africa does not have problems. We've had problems for the past 60 years.

I wrote on another forum that I just got back to South Africa a couple of days ago after wrapping up our show schedule for the 2017 year. Obviously I read the news most days on what was happening back home, and I'll tell you that I was kind of expecting civil war when I got back. That's what it sounds like when you are on your side and it was what I believed.

Marius...we can often get a reverse of this here...tourists not visiting because of riots in Ferguson illinois, or Baltimore...

It a BIG country and the other 99.9% is running as usual, but all the outsiders get is the worst of the news...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a friend in South Africa that told me once. There are more people getting killed in Chicago every week than in all of my country in a month.

I'm on my way back over in May along with my oldest son. My favorite place to be.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hatari
I WANT you to participate because you are there. It gives us a better real time look at things.

I'm not one who is freaking about travel to RSA right now. I'm sending my daughter and son in law over in 10 days for their honeymoon. Cape Town- Prince Albert, Knysna, George, Kenton etc. I'm sure they will love it! I love your country. My gripes are more pain for a place I've fallen in love with. I rely on people like you to give us real perspective, so please keep us informed. smile

Jeff, I'll tell you what, if Cape Town had more hunting, I would move there tomorrow. What a great place.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Professional Hunter and Outfitter
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia
http://www.huntsafaris.co.za
[email protected]
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ingwe
Jeff,

Marius...we can often get a reverse of this here...tourists not visiting because of riots in Ferguson illinois, or Baltimore...

It a BIG country and the other 99.9% is running as usual, but all the outsiders get is the worst of the news...

You have hit the nail on the head. The media needs to make a story interesting, and as I mentioned, not being here for three weeks and getting the same news as you guys, I was wondering what was happening to the country and how it could fall apart so quickly. Until I got back, and realised that everything was still standing.
Look, I'm not saying that everything is hunky dory, but if you understand Africa, you will know, big stories like what is happening at the moment, is always a smokescreen to divert the attention of the people away from something bigger. In our case, it is our President trying to divert attention away from his shady dealings, as well as trying to stop losing the support from the black voters. The only way he can do this, is to fuel the racial divisions within the country and get the people fighting among themselves. Although our main opposition party has a very intelligent and educated black African leader and many black members, the party will always be seen as a "white" party, due to its roots. It is the party that most white South Africans will vote for over here. By sewing divisions among the people, and creating the whole black vs white battle within the country, come election time, he hopes that other black voters will rather vote "with their own people" rather than vote for the opposition.

It's that simple.

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Professional Hunter and Outfitter
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia
http://www.huntsafaris.co.za
[email protected]
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by hatari

Cape Town was the most beautiful place I've ever visited and I've been to some beautiful places

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
[/quote]
You have hit the nail on the head. The media needs to make a story interesting, and as I mentioned, not being here for three weeks and getting the same news as you guys, I was wondering what was happening to the country and how it could fall apart so quickly. Until I got back, and realised that everything was still standing.
Look, I'm not saying that everything is hunky dory, but if you understand Africa, you will know, big stories like what is happening at the moment, is always a smokescreen to divert the attention of the people away from something bigger. In our case, it is our President trying to divert attention away from his shady dealings, as well as trying to stop losing the support from the black voters. The only way he can do this, is to fuel the racial divisions within the country and get the people fighting among themselves. Although our main opposition party has a very intelligent and educated black African leader and many black members, the party will always be seen as a "white" party, due to its roots. It is the party that most white South Africans will vote for over here. By sewing divisions among the people, and creating the whole black vs white battle within the country, come election time, he hopes that other black voters will rather vote "with their own people" rather than vote for the opposition.

It's that simple. [/quote]

Interesting that you say the DA is a white party. My black Zimbabwean Uber Driver in Cape Town pointed to a banner of the head of the DA and flat out said that guy is the next President of RSA. That the Blacks all over RSA see what is going on in the Western Cape and want that too. Time will tell.

Last edited by wesheltonj; 03/28/17.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not all RSA is the same,it's a big country. However as the population centers and northern regions struggle the direction is set

As far as the cab driver, a lot of people said Hillary was going to win here. Ha ha....

As far as the comparison to Chicago, Natgeo claimed more people were killed in joburg on average per day then Iraq during the war. They claimed it was the most violent city with the highest death toll in history during non war time I lived in RSA at this time. I watched this program in RSA

And finally the direction is the big problem not the current situation. For those who sit by and expect things to change they are correct. It will change. Not for the better.

This is my second home I live in both places. The fight is just beginning now that the white people all or mostly realize what is ahead. For those that are in denial that is the bigger looming problem

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Look, I'm not saying that everything is hunky dory, but if you understand Africa, you will know, big stories like what is happening at the moment, is always a smokescreen to divert the attention of the people away from something bigger. In our case, it is our President trying to divert attention away from his shady dealings, as well as trying to stop losing the support from the black voters.

The only way he can do this, is to fuel the racial divisions within the country and get the people fighting among themselves. Although our main opposition party has a very intelligent and educated black African leader and many black members, the party will always be seen as a "white" party, due to its roots. It is the party that most white South Africans will vote for over here. By sewing divisions among the people, and creating the whole black vs white battle within the country, come election time, he hopes that other black voters will rather vote "with their own people" rather than vote for the opposition.

It's that simple.

Good analysis and info. There are plenty of members here that want this type of info.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B3

Z
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
Have a Castle Lager and some Marula for me. Damn sure hope I can make a few trips in the next few years.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Glad to hear I wasn`t totally wet when I called BS on another thread about this subject..

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Africa will be Africa. With the rate the Rand is falling against the Dollar, this will be more affordable for foreighn hunters. I do a lot of bussiness with ph's and game farmers. Most of them tell me they are fully booked for this season.

I might hunt too much, but it is still not enough!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
711 members (204guy, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 73 invisible), 2,955 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,770
Posts18,401,519
Members73,823
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.