Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
RED STAG HUNT IN EUROPE

UNFORGETTABLE HUNTING it is a company with an area of 30000ha for hunting in Romania . We offer you a special hunt in a beautiful place and forests that seems untouched by civilization .
All the game here is in free area !!!
We are pleased to offer the last two places - 6 Day / 5 nights / 5 hunting days RED STAG available between 15 September and 15-December.
Harvesting can be legally done only with the rifle, 7 mm caliber minimum, or more.
Prices for accommodation and services 6 days 1830 $
Trophy prices
Trophy up to 7kg 1500 euro (1640 ) $
7.01 – 9 kg 2300 euro ( 2520 $
Over 9 kg 3000 Euro 3290 $

FOR 2 HUNTERS TOGETHER WE WILL MAKE A DISCOUNT !
Price includes all guide and , meals, lodging and field trophy care and skinning.
THE FEE includes:
• Airport arrival and departure assistance
• Transportation in Romania
• To 4WD car for hunting
Full board and lodging •, starting with dinner on the arrival day and ending with breakfast on the departure day
• Single room accommodation
• First preparation of the Trophies
• Guide-interpreter and professional hunter
- National Drinks and wines

THE PRICES DOES NOT INCLUDE:
• The flight to and from Romania
• Other personnel expenses tips
Daily hunt organize 100 Euro/ day- 1 PH and 1Ranger 115$
Temporary hunting permit 150 Euro/ trip 164 $
Hunting license 150 Euro /animal 164 $

Please don’t hesitate to contact me for more information
Email: officeunforgettablehunting.ro
unforgettablehuntinggmail.com

Born to hunt
www.unforgettablehunting.ro

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

BP-B2

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
I can't swing it this year, but would be very interested in this hunt for 2018. Has anyone else on this board taken this hunt yet?

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I got into camp the day after the above stag and another was shot by two happy clients. I then had a fantastic and successful chamois, boar and roe deer hunt with this outfit. I can't recommend them highly enough. I am planning to go back for a last minute deer hunt this fall. There is game everywhere. The hospitality is great and so are the prices. Feel free to PM me if you have more questions.

Semper Fi

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Thanks, Haverluk. I've got lots of questions and will probably PM you later but will post some here in case others are also interested in the answers, or wish to chime-in.

For example, did you have any trouble getting your guns into country? Or with layovers in other European countries on the way?

About how much did it cost for your taxidermy processed, mounted (if you had it done there) and shipped back? Were you pleased with the results?

About how far was your typical shot? Any recommendations on caliber and load? I'd probably bring my '06 with 180gr pr 220gr Nosler Partitions for the Red Stag.

What would you have done differently?

Thanks!

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
PM sent to Horia.

Regards
JMV375

IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Troubleshooter
Thanks, Haverluk. I've got lots of questions and will probably PM you later but will post some here in case others are also interested in the answers, or wish to chime-in.

For example, did you have any trouble getting your guns into country? Or with layovers in other European countries on the way?

About how much did it cost for your taxidermy processed, mounted (if you had it done there) and shipped back? Were you pleased with the results?

About how far was your typical shot? Any recommendations on caliber and load? I'd probably bring my '06 with 180gr pr 220gr Nosler Partitions for the Red Stag.

What would you have done differently?

Thanks!

- I used the outfit's loaner rifle. A Savage in 30-06 with Nikon scope. Worked fine. There are other member here on 24hr that have taken their rifle there from the US without incident.

- I had a basic European mount of my Chamois and Roebuck done in Romania. I think it was under $200 total including shipping.

- I shot my chamois at 60-ish yards and a Roebuck was 150-ish yards. Take whatever you are comfortable with. Stags are not terribly hard to kill. I have killed them with a .243 and cheap soft point ammo.

- I would not have changed a thing. I do wish I would have had the money for the brown bear quota that was available at that time.

Semper Fi

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have done the Roe deer and Horia and crew are a lot of fun and I too highly recommend him. I need to get back there.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Finally got the chance to do this hunt and recently returned. I have to echo everything that was said previously: great experience! Horia acted as outfitter and interpreter, his primary guide spoke excellent English, and everyone involved just worked their butts off to make this a successful hunt and memorable experience. Superb accommodations in a modern log lodge (less than two years old), tons of home-cooked food, and interesting sightseeing when you weren't hunting. I deviated slightly from the "package" above by staying for an extra week of travel in-country (that's another story all unto itself). The whole crew went well above & beyond in order to develop a personalized experience to suit my requirements.

Due to a stretch of unseasonably warm weather, I missed "the roar" but ... we were on game within the first five minutes of taking up position above a mountain meadow. It took a bit more time to find a couple of stags with the racks we were looking for, but they made it happen and there was "meat on the pole" well before the five days were up.

There is a LOT more to this story, but it's late and I need to work in the morning, so for now let's just say that I highly recommend this hunt to anyone who desires a very unique "Old World" style hunt. I should also mention that he books hunts for Roe Deer, Boar, and Chamois in addition to the Red Stag.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Troubleshooter,

Glad to hear about your hunt and the one animal I wanted to go after was a ( I hunted boar and Roe deer) Red Stag. Horia does a great job, and I know when I return to Europe I'll be booking a trip with him.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thank you very much, J. It was a pleasure to have you here and hunt with you. And thank you all for the reviews that you posted here.
it really helps.
Romania is a very nice destination for hunting and sightseeing and I try my best to have nice moments here.
You are welcome anytime.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Horia,

This would be an interesting hunt for my brother and I and we would take our wives as well. What are the approximate dates when the Stags are rutting?

Thanks

Ed

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Horia,

This would be an interesting hunt for my brother and I and we would take our wives as well. What are the approximate dates when the Stags are rutting?

Thanks

Ed

The stags are roaring in September / October depends on the weather.
This season was very strange, for example now on 31 October are 27 Celsius degree - very hot! - for this time. They were roaring in the middle of September than stops. We thought that they will start again if the weather is going to be colder but nothing.
For sightseeing September and October are perfect.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
For sightseeing May June July is also perfect.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by born_wild
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Horia,

Thanks

Ed

The stags are roaring in September / October depends on the weather.
This season was very strange, for example now on 31 October are 27 Celsius degree - very hot! - for this time. They were roaring in the middle of September than stops. We thought that they will start again if the weather is going to be colder but nothing.
For sightseeing September and October are perfect.

Thanks for the information, I will pass it on

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
534 members (10gaugeman, 222Sako, 1badf350, 1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 48 invisible), 2,571 guests, and 1,152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,733
Posts18,401,021
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.