Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Sportmix Wholesomes Chicken and Rice. Diamond Naturals at times but the poop seems softer and stickier, harder to spray the pen out.

BP-B2

B
battue Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Natty_Bumpo
Same here. PPP Premium Performance 30/20 year round (purple bag).
I increase amounts during multiple day trips. May add a can of tuna.

Also use the Purina Refuel bars during the season for a quick shot of carbohydrates. It can't hurt.

Same here except sardines packed in oil. They go bonkers over the smelly things!!

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Sportsmix Energy Plus Adult Mini Chunk (black bag) has worked great for us. The high protein helps when the weather turns cold and we're coon & squirrel hunting almost everyday/night. We just add a little extra to their bowl when we're hunting them hard.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution." -Thomas Jefferson
F
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
F
We feed pro plan sport, partially because i work for Nestle Purina, but also because it has given us what we feel is best for our dog. they all get compliments on looks and coat condition when we are out. do have to say though it easier to keep them lean all year than to free feed and try to get them back in shape for season

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Kirkland purple bag for the three bird chasing fools at our house. Very similar ingredients to PPP, but a few more additives that bump the nutritional value. Almost half the cost.

A good place to check on your dog food's quality:

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/dry/

PPP is a three star food, Kirkland purple is a four star food.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Another Kirkland fan here

Dog loves it, great energy levels

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Wife has our whippets on Taste of the Wild, probably the lamb formula as our little female is a picky eater and likes lamb the best it seems. Our male eats anything.

(I know they're not truly "gun dogs" but they will chase down rabbits, squirrels and racing lures and are legal for hunting in some states)

While they they don't necessarily go all day like a GSP or other upland dog.................................. when they go, they GO..........FAST!!!

We have used Zignature and others but our new town co-op feed store doesn't sell it. Wife was ordering it online but we'd rather support a local business.

Dogs will be entered in a coursing event next month, it they do good it'll be nice to know the feed isn't an issue.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
We feed ours orange bag Pride. The dogs seem to do very well on it. We used to feed them Blackwood 2000, but it has gotten very hard to find around here.

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
what i use is pedigree; i dont change it up..i only reduce or increase quantity

IC B3

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Originally Posted by ribka
Another Kirkland fan here

Dog loves it, great energy levels

Yes Kirkland is also good, i recommend it for any who is looking for a change or substitute

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have two daughter's who are Trainers. One trains Stock Dogs, (Border Collies) the other Agility Dogs, (Labs) The one that trains Lab's uses Kirkland and seems to be in great shape. BUT, the one who raises Border collies does not feed any commercial food. Nothing but things I would not feed to a Skunk. Whole Fish, bones and all. Renderings, chicken pieces from her farm yard with all the bones. I give her a couple of Deer carcasses during the season. The dogs go crazy. The thing I don't get is how good they look. Nice curly fur, plenty of energy, nice house dogs. It isn't the money. She has lots of money, plus she get's a lot to train sheep dogs for others. Now, here's two extreme's. How do you figure?

Better to be over the hill than under it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My gun dogs eat Nutra Source performance blend

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
IAMs is what I fed my bird dogs.

B
battue Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Taste of the wild for my 1yr old chessie.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I used to feed Purina Pro Plan years ago,,,,switched to a variety of different ones in a search,,,,,,last was Diamond Naturals for a few years,,,,,,3 months ago switched to Victor,,,,,,real happy with this brand so far,,,,,,dogs doing well (Lab, couple of beagles, and now my DD pup),,,,,,,time will tell if I remain happy with it,,,,,,,

Picture a combination right wing, libertarian, unabomber, nationalist who believes in reverent science and who, to his core, remembers the words he swore to defend the constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic.....so help me God
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
645 members (160user, 1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 257Bob, 74 invisible), 2,773 guests, and 1,332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,651
Posts18,399,172
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.