Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
RRA 2-stage match triggers come in two weights: 3.5 and 4.5 pounds.

What are the pros/cons of each? Why not just the varmint version for everything?

GB1

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
High power matches require 4.5 lb trigger.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I believe that should say highpower service rifle matches require 4.5 pounds.

Match rifle highpower has no limit IIRC.

Varmint for everything thats not service rifle, and match rifle as in actual match rifle matches would likely be Geiselle for me perosnally.

But nothing beats RRA varmint day in and out for run of the mill AR work.

except for those 2 or 3 people here in the US that for the life of them are to stubborn to learn how to use a 2 stage trigger. LOL

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Plus 1 for the RRA Varmint. For the money it's hard to beat. Regardless of money it's a damn fine trigger.

WarDamnEagle
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wareagle
Plus 1 for the RRA Varmint. For the money it's hard to beat. Regardless of money it's a damn fine trigger.

Yep.

IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Both are great triggers for the money. I have two match triggers because they were on sale. The two stage varmint would have been fine; I just couldn't resist the better price at the time.

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
For a plinking/hunting rifle, it looks like you guys all recommend the Varmint version.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I was very disappointed in the RRA 2 stage 3.5 lb model I bought last year. More like 5 lbs and creep on the second stage. Was very happy with a previous one I had. For the price you can't expect the quality control of a Geisele or such. Just my 2 cents.

The critters have to win every time, I only have to win once. www.swanspointoutfitters.com
www.lazybar-t.com outfitters
65-43-22-5
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
They are beyond easy to adjust the pull on ....

Creep takes a bit more work.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Lighter springs fixed the pull weight. I fixed the creep too but I don't know if the polishing will accelerate wear of the surfaces. This AR is a low volume shooter for coyotes and crows so shouldn't be an issue though. Next time I'll spend more $ for a better trigger. cool

Edit: I don't want to derail this topic. rost495 if you have any words if wisdom on my trigger feel free to pm me. I respect your knowledge of the AR.

Last edited by sambo3006; 04/04/17.

The critters have to win every time, I only have to win once. www.swanspointoutfitters.com
www.lazybar-t.com outfitters
65-43-22-5
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
light polish doesn't hurt anything.

The worst thing, well one of the worst, was when WOP quit tuning the RRA triggers for 35 bucks. LOL.

I"ve not tuned one in quite a few years so I'd have to sit down and go over one and think about it quite a bit before suggesting, but bending the legs of the spring on the trigger changes weight for sure.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
[Linked Image]

This is a RRA varmint with a 20" barrel. You can shoot a knat off a June bug at a 100 yards. It has one of the old Redfield accutrac scopes with the B dial. I load the 62 Barnes. The B dial fits that load-bullet combo.

I like the trigger, it's great! The Vanguard trigger is similar.

Last edited by hanco; 04/09/17.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
[Linked Image]

Here's its big brother, 308 varmint, it has a 4x12 Redfield on it. I load 150 grain Gamekings for it. It fun also

Same trigger, works great!!

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
RRA makes a 6.5 Creedmoor upper now. I need one bad!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've got the RR 2 stage 3.5 trigger on my main heavy barrel AR-15 truck gun that I use every day for coyotes & hogs at the Ranch. I'm extremely pleased with it and don't think you can beat it for the price.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by wareagle

That will be the first thing I buy for my AR when I get it.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by hanco
Even after they screwed the gun owners of their home state in IL? Nope, will try like hell to never support them again.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by hanco
Even after they screwed the gun owners of their home state in IL? Nope, will try like hell to never support them again.

Good point..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Who has the best price on the RRA 2-stage varmint?

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've bought from Right To Bear; they are GTG.
Got a good deal on a Geissele trigger from them last year.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by rost495
I believe that should say highpower service rifle matches require 4.5 pounds.

Match rifle highpower has no limit IIRC.

Varmint for everything thats not service rifle, and match rifle as in actual match rifle matches would likely be Geiselle for me perosnally.

But nothing beats RRA varmint day in and out for run of the mill AR work.

except for those 2 or 3 people here in the US that for the life of them are to stubborn to learn how to use a 2 stage trigger. LOL

Just so you guys know, Right To Bear Arms and supply has the RRA 2 stage varmint match trigger on sale for $84.99... I just bought one... OOPS, skidmoor posted this earlier, great deal though.. Funny story, I was at the gunshop the other day buying my first AR and asking what trigger I should buy for it and they all said Geissle and I told them I didn't have that kind of money laying around. They said they didn't like the RRA triggers... I don't have the experience, but my buddies RRA ATH carbine works just fine. That one is a 2 stage, but I don't know if it's the varmint match trigger or not. Nonetheless, it feels fine to me.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It has been reported that RRA and Springfield Armory were playing both sides of the fence thru their personal paid lobbying group IFMA, including donations to anti 2A politicians. Do your research then decide which manufacturers deserve your $$$.

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Right to Bear has the Varmint trigger on sale now for $79.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Right to Bear has the Varmint trigger on sale now for $79.

I saw that. Right after I paid $84 and thought I was getting a smoking deal!!! Damit. I'm not complaining though.. laugh. I'm happy with the trigger, however, it's not as nice as the one in my Bushmaster... I'll go out right now and pull the trigger from that rifle and try to identify it... Maybe post a pic here to see if anyone else has a clue... crazy

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Online Content
Campfire Greenhorn
S
What what are the differences between the RR 3.5 # & 4.5# match triggers? Is it just springs, or are the differences more than that? How about differences between their match 3.5# and varmint 3.5# triggers? TIA

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1eyedmule, 1Akshooter, 10gaugemag, 62 invisible), 2,518 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,561
Posts18,453,703
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.