24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Looking for one of these for the this coming fall and any personal experiences or recommends.

Thanks.

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Ok, not necessarily restricted to those states though those states are closer by.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have heard Alberta can be outstanding. I banded ducks there in the mid 1980s, near Medicine Hat. Dry years but still a lot of birds.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Oh, I know the neighbors to north of the line have fabulous waterfowling but one need not go that far. The states mentioned including Nebraska have wonderful waterfowling and I'm looking for specific recommends as to outfitters in these states.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Will send an interesting PM in just a minute...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by kid0917
I have heard Alberta can be outstanding. I banded ducks there in the mid 1980s, near Medicine Hat. Dry years but still a lot of birds.

I live just outside the Western edge of Medicine Hat.

There are plenty of ducks and geese around this Spring.
Have had a couple pretty dry years but this year looks good.

Well worth taking a look.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
ONE THING ANYONE GOING TO CANADA MUST REALIZE: If you have ever had a arrest or even some tickets you can be labeled as an undesirable and denied access into Canada. If this happens your deposit will be non refunded and you get to go home empty handed. Real problem is no statute of limitations the crime could have occurred when you were 15 years old and placed on you record. You may have completely forgotten the nightmare but now get to relive the event all over again. ONLY way to find out if you are clean is to go to the border crossing and get in line to find out. THIS SEEMS LIKE READ BS TO ME> I SAY LET CANADA HAVE THEIR BIRDS AND THEIR HIGH MOTEL FEES AND RED JACKET MOUNTIES> now others reading this probably wonder if ABLE actually experienced this sad tale: Truth be told not me but a close friend. Friend was charged with DWI and plead not guilty case was dismissed but Friend was denied access into Canada because of the charge. RIGHT THIS IS NOT FAIR. THAT IS WHAT I SAID AND RE SAID. SO CANADA CAN KEEP WHAT THEY GOT INCLUDING THEIR BORDER PATROL. MAYBE SOMEONE ELSE HAS A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE???
ABLE

I see four more years of economic stagnation and high unemployment if Obama is reelected. He lies every time he opens his mouth. "The GREAT DECEIVER"! Scary prospect.Worst president EVER.
UPS HAS ROTTEN CUSTOMER SERVICE, THIS I HAVE EXPERIENCED

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have had pretty good luck at border crossings w/Canada over the years. For a while, the Canadian border guards seemed intent on making me "reveal" that I was meeting someone in Canada, not sure what their game was on that one. I must assume they have a broad search authority for a border search as our guys do.

I might be traveling up to the Swift boat factory in Ontario soon to buy a boat (exchange rate is good these days), but no doubt I will have to pay tribute to America when I bring it back in.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
ABLE is right on the money and that is the way it is whether anyone down here likes it or not. Had a DUI? you are sol. But man what hunting they have it's awesome. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Contact the guys at Premier Flight out of Rochester,Mn.
They are a great bunch of guys and have the rights to all the good areas around Rochester.
Goose Grinders

You wont be disappointed. Lots of fun and lots of birds in some beautiful country.

Another Guide service that I have heard a lot of good things about is Watson Hunting Camp and Bar in Watson Mn. I have not hunted with them but have spent some time in their bar and chatted with the people and their clients.
They hunt the Lac qui Parle Wildlife refuge in western Minnesota. Our hunting camp is about 15 miles from them. The Lac qui Parle Wildlife refuge is a haven for ducks and geese in the early season. Once the potholes and small lakes ice up the birds are gone.
Watson Hunting Camp and Bar

Last edited by whackem_stackem; 07/28/17.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Thanks for the info. Both outfits are within an easy half day's drive.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Whackem-, talked to the Watson outfit the other day; seemed a very congenial sort and there's also the added enticement of walkeye fishing below the dam there in the afternoons.

Again, thanks for the info.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
698 members (12344mag, 17CalFan, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 59 invisible), 3,141 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,744
Posts18,401,246
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.