Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Did mine on line last night. Same as last ten years..... cow elk 1st rifle, PP for moose, deer, and Antelope. Later I'll pick up an OTC Archery E/S elk.

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wait until the very last day to give Colorado my small fortune to float on me for 3 months

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Cow 2nd
Buck 2nd
Moose (no chance)
and if I draw my cow tag, OTC archery

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I should be just about guaranteed to draw unit 10 early rifle either sex. Pronghorn PP, moose unit 6, deer PP, and a crappy local tag for 2nd choice.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I'm in my second year of donating money. Why are most you residents only putting in for PP on pronghorn? It was of my understanding that you could get a decent pronghorn tag almost every other year..

Lifetime member: Backcountry Hunters and Anglers & Wild Sheep Foundation
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by jmgraham1986
I'm in my second year of donating money. Why are most you residents only putting in for PP on pronghorn? It was of my understanding that you could get a decent pronghorn tag almost every other year..

I go elk hunting for two weeks, Archery and rifle. I just don't have time for an antelope hunt right now. I figure I may as well build up my points.

I think you need 4 or 5 and up for a buck Antelope, in a trophy area.

Last edited by TAGLARRY; 03/21/17.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P

I have 16 NR antelope points that I'd like to burn. Just what constitutes a "decent" CO antelope tag? (Don't suggest Unit 81, either frown )

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Here is the latest PP required for Antelope that I could find.

Preference points need for Antelope

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by TAGLARRY
Here is the latest PP required for Antelope that I could find.

Preference points need for Antelope

Thanks, TL, but that's 3 years old. There's a newer one out on the CO website.

http://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/Hunting/BigGame/Statistics/Pronghorn/2016PronghornDrawRecap.pdf

Last edited by PrimeBeef; 03/21/17.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Wow... You guys are surprising me. I was planning on drawing a 137 Rifle Buck Antelope tag next year with 2 pts and hunting the national grasslands. If that area is anything like the country just to the south of it in NM, you'd think that it would be a great hunt.

Am I off in this assumption?

-Jon

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why can't Colorado give us a searchable database instead of a 300 page document? What a PITA.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Wow... You guys are surprising me. I was planning on drawing a 137 Rifle Buck Antelope tag next year with 2 pts and hunting the national grasslands. If that area is anything like the country just to the south of it in NM, you'd think that it would be a great hunt.

Am I off in this assumption?

-Jon

PM sent.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Why can't Colorado give us a searchable database instead of a 300 page document? What a PITA.

What kills me is that the paper big game proc doesnt even tell you how many tags each hunt has to offer. You need to cross ref EVERYTHING.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

What kills me is that the paper big game proc doesnt even tell you how many tags each hunt has to offer. You need to cross ref EVERYTHING.

I don't think herd count is done before April 1 and after that they set the number of tags. That is their story and they are sticking to it

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
I put in for my first deer PP. uncle got a place in Victor and I'm thinking mulies off his back door or Woodland area. 2 pts gets me either tag. Gorgeous country but their system is different; all I've done so far is points in states where you buy it outridght rather than having to leave tag money in state coffers for a few months.

Weird.

Oh well; no doubt worth it just for the scenery!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
BaseKamp app for $4.99 is a bargain

Draw odds for most states

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by saddlesore

I don't think herd count is done before April 1 and after that they set the number of tags. That is their story and they are sticking to it

The counts are done in December for deer and February for elk in my area, and the license setting meetings for the local areas occur in mid March. Then the license recommendations go up to the regional headquarters in late March, then they go to the commission after the applications are due. The brochures are printed early February. You could always call the area office closest to where you want to hunt by late March to ask what they are going to do with licenses. They'll know at that point.
When applications go to online only next year, some of this could be sped up, or the application deadline could be later. It takes a long time to scan all the paper applications.

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
705 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 11point, 10Glocks, 160user, 117LBS, 88 invisible), 2,719 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,872
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.