-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
After shooting my glock and ria I felt like I won the lottery by not blowing up the colt. That fugger smiled like a 90's graduate holding Jennifer Anniston's panties.

The glock needed a barrel and springs, the ria a fps and springs, the colt a fps,springs and a barrel. I sold the colt because by the time I get it to hang with the others, it wouldn't be a colt anymore.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
GB1

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by gunner500

Yup, and since I shoot 200 grain bullets at 1050 fps in my Sig P226 40, a 10mm owned by me will be ran full throttle.

That is my thinking as well. If I'm not going to run the 10mm at full power, I'll just use .40 instead. On the same line of thinking, I've trended towards longer barrels in my 10's as well. I've mostly settled on a 200gr @ 1325 fps as a do-all round in my long slide, seems to do pretty well and still easy to shoot. (That's a Glock though, my 1911 and Witness 10mm pistols are all gone now.)

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Yondering-

You need to get yourself a Coonan Classic and have fun with it.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Has anyone tried the 9 inch barrels, to check for velocity gains.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
WTH, The Titan has a rail, don't need it in a 1911 carry piece.

Didn't notice that,and I agree.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
so you have the G40? I was wondering what kind of accuracy those pistols were able to achieve with hand loads. You don't hear about any problems with their strength or handling hot loads.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Yondering
Originally Posted by K1500
That's why I used the word perceived. I don't think they need a ramped barrel unless you want to go well above book max, and the current delta comes with Novaks, a beavertail, extended thumb safety, dual recoil spring setup, and even comes in a rail version if that tickles your fancy. They look pretty good to me.

There's no denying that a stock Delta simply will not handle hot loads as well as other better set up 10mm, whether 1911, Glock, or Witness. It's more than just "perceived", if you've shot many full power 10mm loads through them.

Yup, and since I shoot 200 grain bullets at 1050 fps in my Sig P226 40, a 10mm owned by me will be ran full throttle.

gunner, I'd be appalled at anything less. grin

Show-Nuff LD, gas on that fugger. cool

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by high_country_
After shooting my glock and ria I felt like I won the lottery by not blowing up the colt. That fugger smiled like a 90's graduate holding Jennifer Anniston's panties.

The glock needed a barrel and springs, the ria a fps and springs, the colt a fps,springs and a barrel. I sold the colt because by the time I get it to hang with the others, it wouldn't be a colt anymore.

LOL, that's what I'm talking about right there, a cartridge as intense as the 10mm doesn't need to be ran in a questionably supported platform.

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Yondering

That is my thinking as well. If I'm not going to run the 10mm at full power, I'll just use .40 instead. On the same line of thinking, I've trended towards longer barrels in my 10's as well. I've mostly settled on a 200gr @ 1325 fps as a do-all round in my long slide, seems to do pretty well and still easy to shoot. (That's a Glock though, my 1911 and Witness 10mm pistols are all gone now.)

That'll work, 200 grs at 1250 would be fine with me in a good 5" 1911, should be plenty manageable as far as getting and keeping sights on target too.

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by jimmyp
so you have the G40? I was wondering what kind of accuracy those pistols were able to achieve with hand loads. You don't hear about any problems with their strength or handling hot loads.

There was a guy here that posted a video of himself capping a nice fat doe right quick last fall, IIRC it was the Glock Longslide 10mm with the red dot sight.

Trump Won!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a lot of trouble being as accurate with my g20 as I do with 1911 platforms. I've tried every trigger and spring combo known, but it's just not easy for me to be accurate with that gun.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I have a lot of trouble being as accurate with my g20 as I do with 1911 platforms. I've tried every trigger and spring combo known, but it's just not easy for me to be accurate with that gun.

Agreed, and though I've had my share of balks with 1911's, nothing feels as good in hand or comes up to sight alignment as quickly, no better triggers I've ever felt on any semi auto.

Getting the damn things to go off without disturbing the sight hold is King.

Trump Won!
J
J
I had a delta and sold it. The felt recoil was bad. Really bad compared to my glock. I liked the pistol but it was a handful with moderate loads. The glock handles recoil a lot better.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Pretty honest findings.....did the same.....youre gonna get roasted for speaking that...

The Kimber Target i tripped the G40 in favor of is SOOOOOO much more accurate and a great move

Please God, give me some good tags this year....
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y

No roasting from me. There's no avoiding the fact that even the best Glock trigger isn't as good as a decent 1911 trigger. On the other hand, if you practice good trigger control on a Glock, it makes a 1911 easy to shoot well! grin
Also, some of the Glock 10mm barrels I've had just aren't as accurate as I'd like, which is odd since my 9 and 45 barrels all shoot really well.

Last edited by Yondering; 04/24/17.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Agreed, and though I've had my share of balks with 1911's, nothing feels as good in hand or comes up to sight alignment as quickly, no better triggers I've ever felt on any semi auto.

Getting the damn things to go off without disturbing the sight hold is King.
This is where the new G40 Glock 10mm MOS shines. The longer barrel helps steady the hold and the trigger is better than my 20 out of the box. In the near future I will swap out the barrel and do some trigger work on it.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
What a cool forum. Wish I found this a decade ago. Biggamehunt.net and Primos chat and even glocktalk to some degree, have all gone downhill over the years.

As for the perfect 10. A post dear to my heart as I have yet to find it as well, and I have more than my share of 10mm's in the safe. I agree that a 2011 option would be a good start. And In my opinion only one manufacturer makes a quality 2011 frame for the 10. That's STI, though Dan Wesson has one too - just haven't had luck with them. STI has made several 10mm's over the years and most are discontinued. I'm pretty much in line with what you want, except for the ambi-safety. (I'm a lefty.)

So many manufacturers right now are making 6" 10mm's, which puts them in the hunting only category for me and a little more versatility would be great. Weight is a huge issue too, Sig's 10mm weighs more than some of my 44mags! The Glocks are great, and can be made super accurate, but they lack sex appeal.

Gunbroker has several STI 2011 Nitro's which are a good start.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hoping Springfield brings out the XDM 5.25 in 10mm. Lighter than the 1911s and CZ75 clones like the EAA Witness. Not ugly like the Glock. Pretty darn good trigger out of the box. Good adjustable sites.

Luke 22:36
εγώ δεν θα συμμορφωθεί
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've tried Glocks - twice - and neither one was accurate enough to be interesting. A service pistol is one thing, but when the long barrel G34 arrived with a sloppy barrel I declined to replace it. They are light & reliable service pistols, but you can do better, IMO.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Give Uncle Ted a shout. He seems to have it down. grin

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, 44automag, 5sdad, 673, 406_SBC, 10 invisible), 2,227 guests, and 768 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,173
Posts18,465,388
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.