Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Raw land near the wife's place in N Cal, +/- $800/acre

http://alturas-ca-real-estate.com/s...0-ACRES-LASSEN-COUNTY-CA-FOR-SALE/926694

Just about 1.5 x that per acre for this place,

Outside of being in Cali, if I had access to this kind of cash this would be a nice place seeing as how it has water

http://alturas-ca-real-estate.com/s...3-Acres-Springs-Lassen-Creek-Farm/923180

Farmland around here in E WA varies with access to irrigation, most of it here is dryland wheat and pulse crops. What can't be plowed is usually grazed.

Here's an example of one that's no longer on the market apparently, $1500 or so an acre for nearly 7k acres

http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/15371039/East-Rd-Palouse-WA/

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some of those land prices make me want to sell out and move West. Might think about, but what I own has been in my family since the mid 1800,s. I hate to be the one that ends that.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
To me, selling is like killing the goose that laid the golden egg. Then there are the taxes.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
mohich, I'm in webster co. Darrell

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
A neighbor has 70 acres for sale currently and was offered $6000./acre and turned it down. It's all grass and one small pond.
Seems $6000 to $12,000 acre is the going rate for grass around here. All just waiting for someone to buy and build a house on.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Place a 1/4 mile from my place brought close to $10k per acre. 130 acres.

No way you can ever "cash flow" land at that price.

The money in the bank would make more in interest than you could possibly make by producing anything agriculture related on it.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So dang high down here in Southwest Florida we sell it by the foot. I recently brokered a 200 acre tract about 30 % wetlands the rest a unimproved pasture for $1,350,000. Parcel was about 20miles from town.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Recreational/timberland goes for $300-$2500 per acre here. I have several tracts for sale in the $500-$1000 per acre range.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't know how it is other places, but around here, the Amish and Mennonite's get what they want. Money never seems to matter. If you go to an auction and one starts to bid against you, your done, they will not stop until they win. I usually just leave when I see a bunch of them show up, sometimes I have been know to make sure the seller does well. wink

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Don't know how it is other places, but around here, the Amish and Mennonite's get what they want. Money never seems to matter. If you go to an auction and one starts to bid against you, your done, they will not stop until they win. I usually just leave when I see a bunch of them show up, sometimes I have been know to make sure the seller does well. wink

Same way here. If they want it, they're gonna buy it. Most of time it doesn't even go to auction, as they just keep upping the offer until they buy it.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Same way here. If they want it, they're gonna buy it. Most of time it doesn't even go to auction, as they just keep upping the offer until they buy it.

Sounds like a great place to have an auction... smile

A few buddies in the audience to help a bit too. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R

Strange,there are a lot of farms going to the Mennonites here too,does the church back them?
I looked at a 13 acre spot on a seasonal road thinking of a summer camp,ended up going to them for 3k/acre.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
land prices are what people will pay.i have land i got cheap.10 yrs later land down the road tripled.people want 5/10 acre land ,so they can move out of town.think moren more population,lessnles land. my 2 cents

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Farmland around here in E WA varies with access to irrigation, most of it here is dryland wheat and pulse crops. What can't be plowed is usually grazed.
Here's an example of one that's no longer on the market apparently, $1500 or so an acre for nearly 7k acres http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/15371039/East-Rd-Palouse-WA/

I was up there for a couple of months doing seasonal predator work along the Snake in May & June and looked at that property. Not to buy, just sheer curiosity. Seems that it is owned by the heirs of the fellow who put it all together and farmed it. He died and none of his kids want anything to do with it. The kids live on the coast.

Dumbass kids sold the water rights before putting the property up for sale.

Last I saw, a Realtor's ad in Dayton showed that they were down to $3.7 Million and still had no takers as of June 25th.

To the OP, land around here varies from $1,800/ac to $3200/ac depending on whether there is marketable timber, water, improved pastureland, etc. Our place will probably go for ~$2400/ac.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
736 members (10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 84 invisible), 2,736 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,700
Posts18,399,968
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.