Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Switch
I was also thinking 250 Savage W/ 1 in 10 twist. Rifle came from a Nevada ranch, probably spent most of its life in a saddle scabbard, and used as a tool to harvest a couple of truck loads of big Mules. I'll keep you informed with pictures as soon as I get around to learning how to post them

I have been thinking about doing a quick twist, 1-8" ROT, 22-250 on a 99C. I have 11 99Cs in 243 and 308 that I bought to rebarrel and since I keep tripping over them, I figure that I might as well do something with them.

GB1

S
Switch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Sorry I ruffled so many feathers, guess I'll abandon this project and use the barreled action for a jack handle.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Switch
Sorry I ruffled so many feathers, guess I'll abandon this project and use the barreled action for a jack handle.

Why do you care what anonymous people of the internet think? It isn't as if you're bound by their recommendations.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I named this forum Savage Collectors. Didn't state 1895,1899 or 99's but those are the items it started with. Didn't state it was to be about original condition rifles, only, but that is what I prefer. Didn't state what a collection was or how many. Since 2002 and earlier on the Gun and Knife Forum we have covered a lot of information. A lot of members have come and gone, for whatever reason. Each person a little different as to what they are interested in so topics vary based on who is posting.

Personally, I'm here to learn and interact with others that have the same addiction for Savage items that I do. I enjoy it all. I'll always be for keeping it original but there are Savage's that are beyond that. I don't modify Savage's but would like a 1899 SBR in .25-35 with one of the short pad special order style 1895 stock sets. I do have a bunch of 10/22's that are no longer original but those are Ruger's so don't count.

Keep it friendly, keep it civil, it's all good.

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Thanks for weighing in Rick!

Some people come here for that kind of interchange and others enjoy starting a battle. I have no use for the troublemakers and I don't need them misrepresenting my view on what's 'proper' for discussion.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Lightfoot
Thanks for weighing in Rick!

Some people come here for that kind of interchange and others enjoy starting a battle. I have no use for the troublemakers and I don't need them misrepresenting my view on what's 'proper' for discussion.

This is just one of thousands of internet forums where people who I don't know and, mercifully will never likely meet, will post things that I may or may not agree with. On this site, if I find the person particularly rude and/or disagreeable, I put them on "ignore" and go about my business.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm for keeping it civil too since normally I'm the one on the receiving end of the sheit pipe not the delivery end.

Mike, if you're referring to me, I didn't direct anything at you personally, so you have no reason to be upset with me. I'm speaking in general terms. You and I have the love of tinkering on Savages in common. My apologies for any offense taken. Absolutely none intended.

Listen Savage friends, I've got a kid dying of congestive heart failure that needs a heart and lung transplant, so if someone wants a fight with me, just hit the right button and you'll get more than you bargained for, perhaps more than you deserve. Not looking for sympathy, save it, just understand what you're kicking around.

It's never been fun being put down here. I'm a grown damn man with a family, business, everything else, I know I don't need any garbage from internet posters. I've tried to be friendly to any and all until they earn otherwise.

Last edited by Fireball2; 04/21/17.

LOL
E
E
If it's got a tang safety and handles 308 length I figure it is "fair game". So my favorite hunting rifle is a tang safety m99 in 260 Remington. Anyone need a 22" .308 barrel?

Gunsmith in Bend, Oregon put the barrel on for me but he's now retired. But he didn't make any big deal of it -- I think many decent gunsmiths can do the job. I'm sure Sunmountain gunsmithing, also with Bend, Or address could put a bbl on your 99 action.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by earlmck
If it's got a tang safety and handles 308 length I figure it is "fair game". So my favorite hunting rifle is a tang safety m99 in 260 Remington. Anyone need a 22" .308 barrel?

Gunsmith in Bend, Oregon put the barrel on for me but he's now retired. But he didn't make any big deal of it -- I think many decent gunsmiths can do the job. I'm sure Sunmountain gunsmithing, also with Bend, Or address could put a bbl on your 99 action.

Tom Wills in Bend rebarreled a rifle to 17 Ackley Hornet for me, same guy? To date the most accurate rifle I've ever owned.

Of course I ruined a perfectly good Anschutz 1432-1434 on that deal.

LOL
E
E
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Tom Wills in Bend rebarreled a rifle to 17 Ackley Hornet for me, same guy? To date the most accurate rifle I've ever owned.

Of course I ruined a perfectly good Anschutz 1432-1434 on that deal.

Yes, Tom Wills. The brain just couldn't come up with the name when the fingers needed the info...

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I heard Toms boy took over when Tom retired. Haven't heard anything in a few years. Tom did a good job on the .17.

LOL
C
ctw Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Rick
I think you should build it.

What you have done is not nearly as important as how you have done it!!!
The Old Fart 2008 A.D.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

522 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 16penny, 160user, 17CalFan, 01Foreman400, 42 invisible), 1,826 guests, and 1,122 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,232
Posts18,447,753
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.