Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by Heeler
I read on another site that DNA tests on the remains were a match to Scott.

RIP...
RIP and prayers for his family.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
BP-B2

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
I'm still reading through stuff but one report from Solame de Villiers was: Evening everyone.. i am waiting on a final update from our LHLF president but this is what i do know to be a fact and confirmed by the SAR team; the part of the boot that was found in one of the crocodiles was indeed Scott's. The search wasn't completely called off, we still have people visiting the villages and people there to see if any new information has come to light after the pamphlets was distributed. We all know at this stage that DNA tests are being done on the remains found and I know we all wanted answers last week already. All we can do is still pray.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Update this morning on the Limpopo Outfitters Whatsapp Group.

Results of DNA on the possible human remains found in the stomach of the Crocodiles exterminated in the immediate area where the situation occurred has been confirmed by HPG.

At least the family now has closure and our thoughts and prayers for the family in this difficult time.

Regards,
Adriaan

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
This is indeed a sad outcome. The loss of Scott to our hunting community and family is huge. Prayers go out to his family.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
-Mark Twain
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
.... All we can do is still pray.

If the fellow was unfortunate enough to be taken by a big lizard,
praying aint going to change his already determined fate or the DNA results.

And wouldn't it be better to pray that something bad doesn't happen before it happens ,
rather than praying after fearing something bad has likely happened?..why leave it so late?
wasn't your God there to help you even before one sets out for a day of mishap or tragedy?

Funny how people pray to God, but then say its the gun they carry out of camp
thats going to save their bacon. Rest assured a croc can be far quicker out of the water
than any man with a gun hanging around on the bank.

Ican't imagine how this could happen, except I understand crocs can run upwards of 20 MPH on dry ground.
Who knows maybe one came up behind him or more than one.

Or maybe the fellow became complacent and went too close to the waters edge, which is the overwhelming usual scenario.
as far as a gang of crocs running across a strip of dry ground at 20mph to come up behind a victim to get a feed....really?

Why do people so easily ignore sensible deductive logic scenarios in favor of bizarre speculation?
why can they not accept the likelyhood a human made a fatal mistake?....even highly experienced people make fatal errors,
prime example is PH Ian Gibson who pushed his luck to then get stomped by an elephant, despite warnings by his tracker
the bull was in musth. - Poor judgement and complacency can get anyone killed...nobody knows at which future moment
they may well make such a mistake.

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
I have you on ignore because you are a dipshit.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
-Mark Twain
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
To rain on someone else's parade never seems to be my first reaction or inclination. I for one will pray that his family can work their way through their grief. It may never help; but, I know it will never hurt to do so.

Last edited by TheBigSky; 04/21/17.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
May Scott RIP. As for the family let the healing begin.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Scott would have been 44 on May 12. Way to young to go. Thanks for the support.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
-Mark Twain
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

LoL...you will still come back and read this anyway, so...

Well just keep in mind there a not really any smart crocs just negligent careless humans.
Crocs use the same old set play that the human species has been aware of for millennia.
For anyone who happens to get taken by a croc on a river bank,one has to wonder where
their mind was at, especially so when they are far from being just a naive tourist.

People get enthralled and excited by the potential dangers of Africa,some go there to chase
it and roll the die.Then some will even load the die in favor of the threats that surround them.
If thats how one wants to play the game,then be prepared to take what comes and accept it.
To family and friends it is a loss,to the rest of the world its just another cold statistic resulting
from the perils of life and something people should heed and keep in sensible perspective.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
IC B3

Z
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
Sounded like a good man. Bet he was a good hunter,a friend to many and made a positive difference in this world. Died doing a job he enjoyed in the Africa he loved.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

R. I. P.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Starman

LoL...you will still come back and read this anyway, so...

Well just keep in mind there a not really any smart crocs just negligent careless humans.
Crocs use the same old set play that the human species has been aware of for millennia.
For anyone who happens to get taken by a croc on a river bank,one has to wonder where
their mind was at, especially so when they are far from being just a naive tourist.

People get enthralled and excited by the potential dangers of Africa,some go there to chase
it and roll the die.Then some will even load the die in favor of the threats that surround them.
If thats how one wants to play the game,then be prepared to take what comes and accept it.
To family and friends it is a loss,to the rest of the world its just another cold statistic resulting
from the perils of life and something people should heed and keep in sensible perspective.

You're such a smart bastard. Too bad you hadn't been there with him to show him all his flaws. I have no clue who Scott even was but may he RIP.

Brad
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Let’s Go Brandon
C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Mocking religious beliefs on a thread about someone dying is pretty classy. frown

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

And wouldn't it be better to pray that something bad doesn't happen before it happens ,
rather than praying after fearing something bad has likely happened?..why leave it so late?
wasn't your God there to help you even before one sets out for a day of mishap or tragedy?

thats going to save their bacon. Rest assured a croc can be far quicker out of the water

Ican't imagine how this could happen, except I understand crocs can run upwards of 20 MPH on dry ground.

Or maybe the fellow became complacent and went too close to the waters edge, which is the overwhelming usual scenario.
as far as a gang of crocs running across a strip of dry ground at 20mph to come up behind a victim to get a feed....really?

Why do people so easily ignore sensible deductive logic scenarios in favor of bizarre speculation?
why can they not accept the likelyhood a human made a fatal mistake?....even highly experienced people make fatal errors,
prime example is PH Ian Gibson who pushed his luck to then get stomped by an elephant, despite warnings by his tracker
the bull was in musth. - Poor judgement and complacency can get anyone killed...nobody knows at which future moment

An inane, idiotic post if there ever was one...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

You are not the only one that has that Dolt on ignore

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by jorgeI

An inane, idiotic post if there ever was one...

The ant I ran over this morning in my driveway has more character and wisdom then this clown.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOL..Yet Jorge in his 'wisdom and judgement' considers alcoholics better people than pot smokers.
destructive drug abuse is acceptable as long as its a drug Jorge happens to like himself...inane is
the word jorge used I believe.. wink

Originally Posted by LowerRiver

You're such a smart bastard. Too bad you hadn't been there with him to show him all his flaws.

An adult who surely knows better but decides to stand on the bank of a croc infested river, well thats their businesss.
I'm fine with someone expressing their freewill by rolling the dice and fate taking its course. I don't get emotional like
the snowflakes here.

People are enchanted and lured by the danger of Africa and I've read for years on internet forums, hunting
safari company promos and book publications of the alpha-male tough image of pursuing and flirting with
the prospects of imminent danger...But then people become feeble and sensitive and have trouble dealing
with the fallout of cold hard reality when the game turns on those who choose to be careless and complacent.

Dipwits like to pat people on the back when they get it right and congratulate them, but fear to venture
into honest candid discussion when things go tragically wrong..infantile minds consider it a taboo subject.

To demonstrate how irrational and plain stupid people can be following a tragedy, one just need recall how
some could not bring themselves to admit that Tim Herald had a negilgent discharge with his rifle when he
shot his PH Stuart Taylor. Every belligerent sch*tbrain excuse was given by them in an attempt to cover up
the stark blatant sober truth of the matter. The same blinker fools surfaced with their belligerence when the
death of Ph Ian Gibson hit the forums...taboo subject.....Yet on other days they will personally attack forum
members incessantly , for the mistakes they dare to humbly admit to making in the hunting fields.

Originally Posted by cdb
Mocking religious beliefs on a thread about someone dying is pretty classy. frown

Obviously you believe you are entitled to that opinion, but have trouble with others having theirs.
not surprising, since the world has no shortage of hypocrites that hide behind their religion.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Whether a person has religious beliefs or not makes no difference to me. You have no idea what I believe or don't. Your post that I commented on was mocking and crass, but of course you can't admit it.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
LOL..Yet Jorge in his 'wisdom and judgement' considers alcoholics better people than pot smokers.
destructive drug abuse is acceptable as long as its a drug Jorge happens to like himself...inane is
the word jorge used I believe.. wink

Guess we can add dope-smoker, LIAR and "spelling master" to your many other "attributes" mentioned here. Please refer to where I've said anything POSITIVE about an alcoholic, but yes, smoking dope is akin to smoking dick, take that first puff and no matter if you cure world hunger, I'm still going to call you a dicksucker..

I think you (and the rest of us) would be better off if you sucked on a Glock.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
697 members (117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 72 invisible), 2,704 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,688
Posts18,399,775
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.