Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Any one that jacks with someone else for their own amusement where I hang out and with who I hang out with could easily get shot on sight by several different people.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A day without humor is a day wasted.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Deprive me of my sleep or my grub and you got yourself a wolverine on your hands! grin

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jacques_La_Rami
I took my grandkids, an 8 year old boy and a 10 year old girl hiking last summer. They weren't paying much attention to me where we stopped for a little break. I opened a big bag of peanut M&Ms and found a nice handful of the dark brown ones and arraigned them with the "M"s down. When they came back and we started our hike again, we went a little ways and I pointed the pile out and said "look an elk was here". I picked some up and sniffed it and said, "it's pretty fresh too," I tossed a few in my mouth and started chewing it up and said, "It was a big 'ol bull elk too". You had to see the looks on their faces right then to appreciate the joke. I couldn't help it, I lost my straight face and burst out laughing. I gave them the rest of the M&Ms in the bag and picked up the brown ones for myself. Paige told me, "Grandpa, I almost threw up", but she still was laughing too. Their new joke on me, is whenever they see a turd of any kind along the trail, they say, "Hey Grandpa, what do these kind taste like"? 😊

LMAO! Thanks for the idea, my granddaughters will never forget it.....

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
On a fishing trip we had a guy that snored REAL Bad. We all sleep in tents . My brother was one of his tent mates and got a idea. About 5 minutes after the light where out. My brother rolled over and patted the snoring guys ass and said "Later baby after the guys get to sleep!" We all but him got a good night sleep!

just for Fun
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Jacques_La_Rami
I took my grandkids, an 8 year old boy and a 10 year old girl hiking last summer. They weren't paying much attention to me where we stopped for a little break. I opened a big bag of peanut M&Ms and found a nice handful of the dark brown ones and arraigned them with the "M"s down. When they came back and we started our hike again, we went a little ways and I pointed the pile out and said "look an elk was here". I picked some up and sniffed it and said, "it's pretty fresh too," I tossed a few in my mouth and started chewing it up and said, "It was a big 'ol bull elk too". You had to see the looks on their faces right then to appreciate the joke. I couldn't help it, I lost my straight face and burst out laughing. I gave them the rest of the M&Ms in the bag and picked up the brown ones for myself. Paige told me, "Grandpa, I almost threw up", but she still was laughing too. Their new joke on me, is whenever they see a turd of any kind along the trail, they say, "Hey Grandpa, what do these kind taste like"? 😊

LMAO! Thanks for the idea, my granddaughters will never forget it.....

Milkduds work even better, and look the part.....lol

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I took a road flare and put about 10"of cannon fuse in it. I lit the fuse and threw it into the tent with a young fellow that wasn't pulling his weight.I told him it had a 10 second fuse on it.

Sure changed his attitude

Last edited by saddlesore; 04/22/17.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
In 1980, my bother, a friend and I were drop camped into the Eagle Cap wilderness in Oregon. We were all pretty green in terms of mountain and wilderness hunting. My friends tent was close to a fire ring and cooking utensils. My brother and I shared a tent 20 yards away.
The first night, we tied a string to some of the cooking utensils and ran the string to out tent. After we all were in our sleeping bags for about 1/2 hour, we tugged on the string and rattled the cooking utensils. Then we stepped out of our tent and started firing some big hand guns and hollering "bear"
Our buddy darn near tore down his tent trying to get out of his tent. We laughed our ass off at him, but when he came out of the tent he had a 9MM in his hand. Its a wonder he didn't shoot us.

NRA Patron
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kellory

Milkduds work even better, and look the part.....lol

Tootsie Roll.. outside the monkey cage at the zoo... grin

If you don't have one, you can substitute a Baby Ruth. whistle

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495
There were some in our youth, but I've grown past the desire for that stuff anymore.

Instead, now you occasionally make smart alecie comments on the web.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by rost495
There were some in our youth, but I've grown past the desire for that stuff anymore.

Instead, now you occasionally make smart alecie comments on the web.

There's that word again.

You ought to copyright it.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"That word. I do not think it means, what you think it means."

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
When I was a teen we used to go fishing to Canada a few weeks every summer. It was my dad and a few of his buddies, WWII vets or that age group at least, and about as many of their male kids like me. This was in the 60s and 70s so they weren't that old yet. The group would usually be 15 - 25 people and two or three boats and three or four campers. One year my dad invited his friend Ken, and that guy was a jerk. He was bitching before we got to the first town 50 miles North of home, Lusk, and bitched all the rest of the way too. We kinda had a tradition of swapping around passengers in the trucks so everybody got new people to talk to for a while. By the time we had stopped half a dozen times nobody wanted Ken in their ride anymore. My dad got stuck with him, not me I was car hopping to all the other rides.

Poor ol' Ken, he had it figured down to the penny what fuel was gonna cost, he didn't approve of playing cards for money. He knew who got the best deal and who got screwed at each restaurant when everybody just chipped in, he didn't think any joke was funny, and he knew the order from those of us who cussed the most to the least, he not only didn't approve of alcohol or cigarettes, but would even bitch when he saw someone take a chew. I guess he figured someone was gonna add tobacco and booze to his end of the expense.

We all thought my dad was going to have the longest drive ever to Lake La Ronge, but we pulled into some little bitty town near the border in North Dakota and my dad and Ken were having a heated discussion. My dad kicked him out and told him to take a bus home or call his wife or adult kids to come get him. We all left him there, looking mad, but he was used to it, he had been mad since he left home, and probably was for years before that. The rest of us went on, told jokes, played poker, caught fish, had a few drinks, and had a good ol' time. Best joke of the trip was still the look on Ken's face when we left him at the gas station. We were still laughing about that one 30 years later.

[Linked Image]
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Nothing like a good camp cook to improve dispositions after a cold, wet, unsuccessful hunt... smile

And you and Kaywoodie are 2 of the best. Definitely worth the price of admission for pulled pork, bbq brisket and more great peach cobbler than can be put away.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One thing I notice abut these prank threads (there have been others in the past) is they ALL are about "we or I or someone I know did something to someone else" and it was so damn funny, we (I) laughed our asses off.

I've read the whole thread and unless I missed it, haven't seen one mention of "some guys did something to me and I damn near broke my leg/was humiliated/shot someone by mistake/ruined a $200 pair of boots" and oh, man, it was so funny, I laughed and laughed! Geez, I wish they'd play jokes on me like that every week.

What generally happens is, someone plays a joke, the victim is humiliated and almost injured or for real injured and is madder than hell while everyone else laughs at his expense - the madder the victim the greater the laughter. So then the victim turns around and does unto others what he hates to have done unto himself.

And there endeth the Sunday morning sermon. wink

Now this will spark the counters of, "oh yeah? well I have a great sense of humor and love it when people play practical jokes on me and ruin my hunt/ruin my clothes/put my life and limbs in danger."

Too late - you'd just be responding to a challenge now. If someone were going to claim that they would already have done so without being prompted.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by smokepole
Get shot on a lease for what? A harmless prank?

This. Seasoned hunters who are friends go hunt for the comradery as well as the meat. Most seriousness is saved for hunting.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by saddlesore
I took a road flare and put about 10"of cannon fuse in it. I lit the fuse and threw it into the tent with a young fellow that wasn't pulling his weight.I told him it had a 10 second fuse on it.

Sure changed his attitude

Hahah. I wonder if he left through the door.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Great stories on here posted by many.

Great jokes and thread Hanco. Had a good laugh.

Worm crapper woulda got crap on him.

Thanks for posting Barry, Jacq, and others. I cant believe i didnt think of the morel or mm trick.

I Dindo Nuffin
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Our biggest standing prank came about by accident. In 1994 my dad, brother, and I were elk hunting in Idaho, just north of McCall. The second day of the season I shot a big 5x5 early enough in the day that I was able to gut, skin, and remove the head and still get back to camp in time to retrieve an axe and packboard to finish the job.

I didn't want the head just sitting there in an unattended camp so I put some cardboard down in the trailer and put the head in it, facing the door. It just turned out that way. When my dad got back to camp he opened the door to find a big bull head looking at him. Both he and my brother figured it was a joke, so now when one of us kills a bull we stash the head where the others will find it.

That's about it, I don't get off on screwing with family.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
I had a lot of crap done to me. I'm easily startled. I've had the SOB's grab my leg from under the truck, jump out behind bushes, they get up early to get in my stand before me " scares cshit out of me to open door and get grabbed"

We have a cowbell that makes the rounds now. You never know when your jeep is gonna be clanging. There is a magnetic gay pride sign making the rounds also.

All in fun!!! I enjoy getting as well as giving!!

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (12344mag, 16penny, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 49 invisible), 2,383 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,242
Posts18,466,827
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.