Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by ingwe
You wont believe it till you see it Geedub!

Its something only a mother could love...and I've been called a "Mother" a number of times!

It'll be awhile till the unveiling! cool

Since you are alluding so something ugly, does anyone know what happened to that god-awful McMillan stock that was brown and white in the flame pattern that showed up on here a couple of years ago? The one that looked like schit on a stick? I haven't seen any pictures of it lately.

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by TATELAW
You wont believe it till you see it Geedub!

Its something only a mother could love...and I've been called a "Mother" a number of times!

It'll be awhile till the unveiling! cool

Since you are alluding so something ugly, does anyone know what happened to that god-awful McMillan stock that was brown and white in the flame pattern that showed up on here a couple of years ago? The one that looked like schit on a stick? I haven't seen any pictures of it lately.

I sold it to George in Louisiana. I hadn't seen it surface again. Just for your viewing pleasure....the McShitstick.

[Linked Image]

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
That really is hideous...not classy and Uber like the McFlame! laugh

[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Your McFlame deer is horny-er than mine.

[Linked Image]

I've become a little more conservative with stock colors lately and I'm getting bored with the blandness. I think it's time to order a few that bring sexy back. I need to order a few with colors that really pop!

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
That really is hideous...not classy and Uber like the McFlame! laugh

[Linked Image]
The deer probably died from laughter,not a bullet. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Shoot, Ingwe: I was going to see if you wanted me to send some 150-gr NBTs and 175-gr NPTs back.

Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Darrik,

I was actually surprised when Tom listed the 7-08 as a possibility, since he's Mr. 7x57.

MD, I think he's lost that title.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Too late MoFo! I just bought a .243 barrel! laugh

Your spelling is slipping, sirrah! You trumped on too, but mangled MauxFaux! grin

Can't wait to see the new rig!

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]
ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
The deer probably died from laughter,not a bullet. wink

Jealousy is a sick passion.....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by RevMike

Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Darrik,

I was actually surprised when Tom listed the 7-08 as a possibility, since he's Mr. 7x57.

MD, I think he's lost that title.

Words hurt....

But you may be right, the Torch has been passed to you...whilst I fill in the #1 Slot as " Stunt Shooter"...headed to Texas Saturday to slay mighty beats with little guns, and let the legend grow.... grin

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Yup,just shameful.

Congrats on buying a .243 barrel,I knew you were very smart.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B3

ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker

[Linked Image]

I've become a little more conservative with stock colors lately and I'm getting bored with the blandness. I think it's time to order a few that bring sexy back. I need to order a few with colors that really pop!

Darrick, you're the one that filled my head with the McFlame idea!! Cant wait toes your next color scheme, as long as it doesn't look like the " Septic Tank Swizzle Stick" you posted earlier! eek

ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Yup,just shameful.

Congrats on buying a .243 barrel,I knew you were very smart.

Hell , I just bought another one..one with sights and one without, to see which I liked best. ( The sights are a hint at the old school styling Im going for....)

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Iron sights,umm...... wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker

[Linked Image]

Darrick, you're the one that filled my head with the McFlame idea!! Cant wait toes your next color scheme, as long as it doesn't look like the " Septic Tank Swizzle Stick" you posted earlier! eek

Septic Tank Swizzle Stick! Couldn't have described it better myself. Just glad I didn't have any beer in my mouth when I read that or my keyboard would have gotten drenched!

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
But you may be right, the Torch has been passed to you...whilst I fill in the #1 Slot as " Stunt Shooter"...headed to Texas Saturday to slay mighty beats with little guns, and let the legend grow.... grin

Not me, Ingwe, I just happen to have the rifle that made you Mr. 7x57. I'm sure there are others that are more looney about it than me. On the other hand, looking around my loading bench the only thing I see is 7x57 brass and .284 bullets.

But I do want to see the fruit of your upcoming Stunt Shooter stint. Good hunting!

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Cant wait toes your next color scheme, as long as it doesn't look like the " Septic Tank Swizzle Stick" you posted earlier! eek

That thing is hideous!

Good choice on the 243!

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was impressed with your zebra stock. How bout another?

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by GeoW
I was impressed with your zebra stock. How bout another?

Too much work..and I found out the white stripes get dirty easy!

Did one for Dober, and thats my last one...

Though I did buy a spare stock for my new Tikka........ whistle

Last edited by ingwe; 04/28/17.

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gentlemen, thanks for all the input..I now have the germ of an idea that may fester into a full blown infection....and its looking more and more like .243.....we shall see! grin

A classic for a classic. Would not want to get too modern.
cool

Arcus Venator
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ingwe - stick with a 7mm-08. Has a bit of the panache of the 7mm Mauser but w/o the "modernity" (is that even a word?) of either the .243 or .260. Homesteader

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

699 members (163dm, 007FJ, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 65 invisible), 3,056 guests, and 1,363 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,578
Posts18,454,049
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.