Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by drover

I did put a Yodave trigger kit in the CZ, and if it had a better trigger I believe it would hang in with my Cooper for grouping.

I hear ya...I'm a real trigger snob so I put a Basix in mine before I ever fired it.

In looking at the web-site for Rifle Basix for the 452 they do not go into detail about the sear adjustment, did you use that feature, and if so, is it "fine-tunable" or more of a coarse adjustment?
I am thinking of ordering one and can't really seem to find much info on them.

Thanks, drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
IMHO, At $389 (what i paid for my 452), there isn't anything even close to this rifle. It will darn near almost hang with my Kidd (which was ~ $1000), which itself is on a whole different level as far as accuracy.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I did put a Yodave trigger kit in the CZ, and if it had a better trigger I believe it would hang in with my Cooper for grouping.

I hear ya...I'm a real trigger snob so I put a Basix in mine before I ever fired it.

In looking at the web-site for Rifle Basix for the 452 they do not go into detail about the sear adjustment, did you use that feature, and if so, is it "fine-tunable" or more of a coarse adjustment?

Thanks, drover

I'm not sure I know the difference between fine-tunable and a course adjustment.
It has a sear adjustment screw that allows you to adjust the creep and another screw that compresses the weight of pull spring.
Mine's set right at 2.5 #'s and zero creep. Any creep what so ever is a deal breaker for me and I'm happy.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If somebody can beat the CZ 455 American (threaded type) without going to the Anschutz 54, I'd love to hear about it.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D

Thanks, drover

I'm not sure I know the difference between fine-tunable and a course adjustment.
It has a sear adjustment screw that allows you to adjust the creep and another screw that compresses the weight of pull spring.
Mine's set right at 2.5 #'s and zero creep. Any creep what so ever is a deal breaker for me and I'm happy.

I should have been more specific in my wording. Does the sear adjustment have a fine threaded screw to allow a fine adjustment?
Also was wondering if it has a lock-nut on the sear adjustment, or some other method, to assure it doesn't back out over time.

Sorry to load you up with questions but you are the only person I know that has one, while I have found some info on other sites they are from people who I do not know and have no basis to trust their opinions.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote=FieldGrade][quote=drover][quote=FieldGrade][quote=drover]

I should have been more specific in my wording. Does the sear adjustment have a fine threaded screw to allow a fine adjustment?
Also was wondering if it has a lock-nut on the sear adjustment, or some other method, to assure it doesn't back out over time.

Sorry to load you up with questions but you are the only person I know that has one, while I have found some info on other sites they are from people who I do not know and have no basis to trust their opinions.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

drover

No problem drover....I'd much rather talk guns than the bickering and petty chit you usually see on the fire.

The sear adjustment screw does have fine thread but no lock nut. It's hard as hell to turn though so I doubt it would ever back out.

FYI.....after a lot of google-fu the best price I could find was at Cheaper Than Dirt....I didn't even know they sold gun parts...ha

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Thanks for the info. I think I will get one, the way the 452 shoots it deserves a better trigger.

A little paint or locktite should keep the screw from ever creeping out so that should not be an issue, it's just that I am a belt and suspenders sort of guy and really like jam-nuts on anything that could possibly move.

I am surprised about Cheper Than Dirt having parts, who would have thought.

Thanks again for your help.

drover

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
No. I think for the price of a 77/22 the Anschutz 64 sporters are better guns. Better finish and quality. A little more money. Now, if some one takes the exact price of a 455 and sets that as an arbitrary limit then the choice is pretty much set with that artificial limit.

There are some good deals on used Anschutz or Savage-Anschutz. The later is exact same gun with Savage as importer.

I got a closeout deal on an Anschtz sporter for $850 from Cabelas. I image it will take a lot of shopping to match that again, if ever. You cannot compare the finish and quality to a 455 or a 452 for that matter.

The 455 is a significant down grade from the 452, IMHO. I would take the time, how ever long, to get a 452 or better yet a 453. The 453 was a special gun. That is is you had to have a CZ. The Brno No1 is another nice gun that turns up pretty regularly - if you look. Well, if you really want a Ruger 77/22 those can be found too.

If shopping around or time delay are out of the question, then a new Anschutz is the best of the medium class rim fires.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for the info. I think I will get one, the way the 452 shoots it deserves a better trigger.

A little paint or locktite should keep the screw from ever creeping out so that should not be an issue, it's just that I am a belt and suspenders sort of guy and really like jam-nuts on anything that could possibly move.

I am surprised about Cheper Than Dirt having parts, who would have thought.

Thanks again for your help.

drover

No problem....like I said...it beats the usual gossiping and bickering.

I like clear nail polish for keeping screws in check.... wink

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by fourbore
No. I think for the price of a 77/22 the Anschutz 64 sporters are better guns. Better finish and quality. A little more money. Now, if some one takes the exact price of a 455 and sets that as an arbitrary limit then the choice is pretty much set with that artificial limit.

There are some good deals on used Anschutz or Savage-Anschutz. The later is exact same gun with Savage as importer.

I got a closeout deal on an Anschtz sporter for $850 from Cabelas. I image it will take a lot of shopping to match that again, if ever. You cannot compare the finish and quality to a 455 or a 452 for that matter.

The 455 is a significant down grade from the 452, IMHO. I would take the time, how ever long, to get a 452 or better yet a 453. The 453 was a special gun. That is is you had to have a CZ. The Brno No1 is another nice gun that turns up pretty regularly - if you look. Well, if you really want a Ruger 77/22 those can be found too.

If shopping around or time delay are out of the question, then a new Anschutz is the best of the medium class rim fires.

The 455 is a smoking deal and I bought my 77/22 for $400ish. Brand new.

It's a killing machine.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

I would prefer a 54 action Anschutz,but I've never seen one under about $1300 even used. The 64 action Annie is finished better and has better wood but mine doesn't group any better than my CZ 453. I would agree that the 453 is the cream if you can get one.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I just picked up a 455 Lux. Just getting my feet wet with it and I can't compare it to a 452 but so far I really like mine.

$400 over the counter. I just posted some basic pics on this forum under "preferred optics for a squirrel rifle". I can email more test target picks if you PM me. Photobucket is a bit of a.hassle to use from my phone.

Work is what you do to finance your real life.....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I don't know about that.
I got lucky and picked up one of the last 452's Whittakers had when they were closing them out for $359 last Nov.
It shoots a variety of semi match and hunting rounds into tiny little groups at 50yrds with a 4X scope.
Granted...it ain't an Annie but for a third the price it's a hell of a rifle and really is a no brainer.
Yea there's better rifles for more money/if you can find em but I doubt that a 455 will disappoint.
This is my third CZ rifle and I wish I had a safe full of em.

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
If I could find a leftie 455 at a decent price, I would take it.
The fact that they had a factory threaded option is a big plus, too. I know they had it in a RH config. Not sure about LH.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Theres not much difference if any in the accuracy between the 455 and the 452 that I own and have owned, its luck of the draw when your talking about sub 500.00 rifles I have had bad ones and good ones accuracy wise in both models. I am a big fan of CZ's as you can tell by the nickname but anyone who says or thinks they are as accurate as the Anschutz rifles is dreaming

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by cznut
Theres not much difference if any in the accuracy between the 455 and the 452 that I own and have owned, its luck of the draw when your talking about sub 500.00 rifles I have had bad ones and good ones accuracy wise in both models. I am a big fan of CZ's as you can tell by the nickname but anyone who says or thinks they are as accurate as the Anschutz rifles is dreaming

My thoughts exactly on the accuracy. There is more when you talk bang for buck. Bang covers alot of ground. Or else Ruger American might be a clear winner.

For the 452 vs 455, that is primarily the design features and finish. I wrote my 2c summary on another forum.

Points of the 452

1. Some 452 rifles such as many/most/or all Americans have a better metal poilish and deep blue
2. 452 Tapered barrel, beautiful profile just like a centerfire rifle
3. Bottom metal made specific for either 22LR or magnun, no ugly plastic spacer as found on 455
4. Guide lug on bolt for smoooth feeding and extra insurance, not to say needed but nice,class and quality
5. The barrel is threaded for rock solid attachment
6. Some or older 452 came with real steel magazines.
7. The 453, a different bolt and action was a cousin of the 452 using a single set trigger. Also discontinued. The best of the best.

Features of 455
1. all 455 barrels and stock interchange within obvious limitations of heavy varmint in american stock, simplify life (more profit) for CZ
2. Torque on the barrel/action screws should be checked on new guns or either the barrel maybe too loose or too tight the action can be sprung
3. Head space can be marginal on some factory new guns, (due to new 455 mfg method). according to our forum gunsmith members.
That is barrel and action finished separately and not as a unit.
4. Plastic magazine, yes you can step on it
5. Ugly plastic spacer seen from the bottom metal side on 22LR models. The 17/22 mag fills the space with a longer magazine.
6. The 455 will accept the new CZ fly trigger, which is an honest plus and the only good in my opinion

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I would say that a 54 action Anschutz is more accurate but I've seen several 452's and 453's just as accurate as a 64 action Anschutz.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
22's are fickle, on any given day with any given ammo one might out shoot another. The Anschutz is very accurate and I would say in general it will be more accurate. Saying that I have a 452 Silhouette in a Manners stock that will run with an Anne. I also have a Remington 541S that will occasional match the CZ. To me 22LR rifles are unique unto themselves.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I have owned a pile of Anschutz 1416 (64 actions) they were all very accurate but not one would eject a spent case 100% of the time and I found this very frustrating and sold them.....I have also owned a bunch of CZ 452/455 rifles and every one functioned perfectly and were reasonably accurate, though I would not consider them "tackdrivers" like the Anschutz rifles were...The most accurate rimfire rifles I ever owned were a Cooper 57 and I also had a few Sako Finnfires and Quads and a couple of these were exceptionally accurate, but these rifles are quite pricey.......Good luck ...Hb

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
I have owned a pile of Anschutz 1416 (64 actions) they were all very accurate but not one would eject a spent case 100% of the time and I found this very frustrating and sold them.....I have also owned a bunch of CZ 452/455 rifles and every one functioned perfectly and were reasonably accurate, though I would not consider them "tackdrivers" like the Anschutz rifles were...The most accurate rimfire rifles I ever owned were a Cooper 57 and I also had a few Sako Finnfires and Quads and a couple of these were exceptionally accurate, but these rifles are quite pricey.......Good luck ...Hb

+1

My experience as well.

Over the years, I've owned a number of premium .22's, including Rem 40-X sporter, Win 52, Kimber, Annie, CZ, Cooper.

All eventually went down the road, except the Cooper. It's a keeper, wears a 2-7 rimfire Kahles scope. It has the best trigger of them all, is the most accurate.

DF

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 05/07/17.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1337Fungi, 1941USMC, 16penny, 56 invisible), 2,655 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,308
Posts18,468,178
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.