Campfire Regular
C
Starman has joined Stick on ignore.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Starman comes to the realization his penis is really a vagina...

[Linked Image]

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Been here almost 10yrs and he's the first I've ever put on ignore. Never even considered anyone else in all that time.

Last edited by EZEARL; 04/25/17.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You folks need more compassion for each other. Scott Van Zyl was a friend to several we know and his death is a tragedy.

I have seen some really smarmy comments by non-hunters and idiots on social media about his being missing, rooting for the crocs and making other puerile remarks. We don't need that here.

BTW, when I was hunting in Zambia a while ago, we walked through a muddy patch and my PH pointed out some big croc tracks. He said that they were made by around a 13-footer.

He also said that if one that size wanted you, it could catch you and you'd have no chance at all of getting away. Something to think about.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
People talk of God and prayers in one breathe, then start a bizarre nonsensical rant about their homosexual thoughts in the next, neither of which have anything to do with a croc fatality.
But dare to talk about the actual thread topic and people get all unhinged and upset.

If people don't like the raw aspects of such human error fatalities being discussed, better not to read them or even start threads about them.

Originally Posted by Anjin

BTW, when I was hunting in Zambia a while ago, we walked through a muddy patch and my PH pointed out some big croc tracks. He said that they were made by around a 13-footer.
He also said that if one that size wanted you, it could catch you and you'd have no chance at all of getting away. Something to think about.

In the months Ive spent deep in prime croc country with natives and white locals on the land none of them ever put that kind of worry into me...the message from all of them was
the same uncomplicated common-sense " stay away from waters edge"..never any talk about being chased-down by a croc or crocs across the land, then I see here people
being quick to suggest that was the scenario in the fatality.

You are likely to get a spiced up version of reality from people you hired to host and entertain you at the camp at night or during the boring uneventful parts of your hunting day.
goes along with all the other nonsense anticipation hype talk of black mambas and DG charges. Nobody would do that unless they thought a client was an impressionable idiot
to begin with. Same type of juvenile minded people that get thrills out of reading chronic dysfunctional alcoholic Crapstick stories.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Starman

In the months Ive spent deep in prime croc country with natives and white locals.

BULLSHIT

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

626 members (222Sako, 12344mag, 1234, 160user, 204guy, 10ring1, 61 invisible), 2,308 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,619
Posts18,455,018
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.