Print Thread
Hop To
R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
I fully admit that I'm just not familiar with the innards of this shotgun.. Customer has one that's occasionally doubling - and I cannot discern anything mechanically wrong with it. When I test fired it, it worked perfectly - but at the time I only ran 3/4 of a box through it.

Anyone know of a shop that really knows these things that I can contact either for info or to ship it to? Tried to contact Mann & Sons but they're closed until Friday..

I think it's related to the sear/hammer interface but a quick search shows the sears N/A..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Dang.. I forgot about Cole's.. I'll give 'em a yell.. Thank yew... laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Update:

When I posted the original query it was raining here - so I couldn't do anything but inspect/check all internal parts for any signs of abnormality.. Only thing I had missed earlier was checking the sear springs. I did that now - they were intact, and actually quite strong compared to, say, Citoris or SKBs..

An hour+ later the rain quit (I refuse to take any customer's firearm out in the rain - especially a firearm like this one) so I strapped on my trap bag, pair of "ears" and a Mag-pad - along with 3 boxes of Rem STS trap shells and began test-firing to see when it doubles..

Long story short - it never missed a beat. Whether bottom first or top first, all shells fired properly when the trigger's pulled.. I could NOT make it fail.

ONLY thing I can figure - is the owner's not fully opening the action to insert shells. He's getting it 95% open, but that LAST LITTLE BIT is what allows one or the other of the sears to fully engage i.e., the hammer's hanging by a thread. This firearm (before he obtained it) had probably only a couple boxes through it; it's literally still very stiff and not at all broken in. When I dropped it back off at the LGS I also brought the 74 empties along in a bag and told the boys to give those empties to the owner of that shotgun and tell him to ensure he opens that action FULLY when changing shells.

It's the only thing I could think of that might apply.

Just thought I'd pass that along.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I had to send a silver pigeon back to Beretta once , it was not extracting properly. They had to deburr something or another. I got it back in 2 weeks

IC B2

R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
The guy's still having the same problem.. But the funny thing is it ONLY happens when he's using it, not here when I test fire it..

I remember a friend of mine with a Citori that he kept insisting it was misfiring.. Everything checked out OK and it wouldn't fail for me.. Handed it back, he called a week later and said it was still misfiring.. Hammers, springs, firing pins, protrusion, EVERYTHING checked out perfectly fine.

I had him bring the shotgun here, along with his shells and mine and that we 'were gonna fire this thing until it fails'... After 175 shells w/o a hiccup, I asked him what it is I should fix? laugh

Chit like that, happens all the time..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 21, 12344mag, 1234, 17CalFan, 52 invisible), 3,357 guests, and 1,120 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,296
Posts18,468,010
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.