Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Is anyone running one of these?
I'm agonizing over what sight to go with for my 16" Blackout. Mainly intending it for subsonic stuff out to 100 yds or so.
With the option of going super for further stuff.

I kind of like the idea of the two dot super/sub system. But have never used one, and they are a little pricey.

I also checked out the Nikon P-300 Black scope, and almost bought that, but that reticle is just too ridiculous for me. I want to be able to see what I'm shooting at you know?

Any thoughts on the EOTech?
Thanks,

GB1

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I wouldn't spend money on an EOTECH product of any kind--they're flatly unreliable. Buy an Aimpoint Pro. No need for a dot-drop system, just learn your trajectory and adjust.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Would not waste my money on EO thing

S
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Thanks guys, good to know.
Jimmy, what are you using?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Eotech, especially for your application. Lots of high speed guys are still running them. The notion that they're "flat unreliable" is silly.

And learning your holdovers and adjusting on the fly is a lot more difficult with a subsonic BO than other "normal" rounds. I'd definitely get something with some sort of ballistic reticle.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
IC B2

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Silly? I don't know but the track record I had with them from the N battery version all the way up to the sideways battery model wasn't very good.

I did have one 512 model that worked great, the rest either had short battery life or went off at the shot.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I've had the N battery version - short(er) battery life, but acceptable, worked over two years of use.

Used an early 511 on three tours, great battery life, no issues, just bigger and heavier than the newer cross battery models.

Have a 557 now, no issues.

The only one EoTech - a 512- I've had issues with, had AA batteries leak in the compartment, and corroded the battery case, and one of the contacts. Replaced the compartment, scrubbed the contact point on the main unit, and put it back to work. That one would flicker once in a while, but a scrape on the contact usually fixed it. That issue was caused by lack of PMCS, not the unit.

Regardless, the SOCOM report has chilled a sizable portion of the market for the EoTech products. 99% of the EoTechs in circulation won't see the abuse/use that the "cool kids" do, so the same 99% of the users will be fine with theirs as is.

Just my .2 cents

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
a 1-4 rifle scope with turrets from swfa. Its simple to dial it in for supersonics, then dial it in for subsonics, record the results, the swfa is very very repeatable. There was a huge recall on eothings a year or so ago, I always liked the reticule and not the buttons or the disparaging remarks on them, I think they are fine if you KNOW your about to go into harms way and can turn it on. Two of my close range rifles have the cheap aimpoint T1 with promised no parallax (which is marketing and not truth) on them, but both work fine for 50 yards on the two guns i have them however the VX6 1-6 is sure nice on one of my rifles. I personally would spend a lot less and get more with a reliable 1-4 with turrets, unless your in NF $$ territory the only game in town to me is swfa.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I guess I'm just lucky...

Off the top of my head. The very first one I had was actually a Bushnell Holosight. I had short battery life with it as in weeks. I had a 512 before REV F or whatever the magical code was and the batteries would die with it turned off. Bought a REV F and the reticle would fade. Thought it musta been my eyes so I bought another one a year later (I really liked them) It worked fine and I even did a battery life test on it here and battery life was good but I sold it and went to something else eventually. Then I bought the sideways battery model and it was great till it started going off after I shot.

Like I said, I'm just lucky.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I've had EoTech's on lots of heavy kickers. Never had a problem. The batteries do wear out, but not when they are off, and give acceptable life otherwise, by my experience. I've also killed a good deal of game with them mostly on the run. I'm better when I move.

I suppose I have 5 or 6 of them now. One or two in the drawer waiting their turn.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Heavy kickers like 458 wins etc? African Safari? Just curious I did not hate the one I had but sold it due to button pressing and failure stories.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Heavy kickers like 458 wins etc? African Safari? Just curious I did not hate the one I had but sold it due to button pressing and failure stories.
Like 500 and 460 Smiths, 454 Casull, 50 Beowulf. The creator of the Beowulf told me the Eotech was the only optic the Beowulf had not destroyed.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
That's pretty amazing. Pistols? Seems like a big optic on a pistol it seemed big in my ar

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

238 members (12344mag, 160user, 2500HD, 22kHornet, 10Glocks, 257 roberts, 23 invisible), 2,405 guests, and 931 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,718
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.