Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Ate at the DW Grill the other day, 3 or 4th time I've eaten there. It was very, very good, even more impressive is to see how efficiently they run the place. If you're in FBKS and hungry for breakfast or lunch I strongly recommend it.

Course the company made it all that much better. If you can get VernAK to join you, then it's a real treat. Good food, good company = good life.

Always good to see you Vernesto, glad to see those lil Russian girls ain't worn you down to the nub just yet.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
BP-B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
DW?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by ironbender
DW?

Yes you read right

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for lunch Randy!

Always a pleasure to catch up on events in your family and Fairbanks.

That is a very efficient little diner........fun to watch em put out the grub.

South Cushman and 27th......out of the way place.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What were you carrying? grin

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In that neighborhood your safe with Randy.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I was carrying a good attitude

Always happy to see Vernesto and break bread with him He's truly one of my fave people I've ever met and probably wouldn't have met him if not for the campfire

My lil town is a pretty safe place, worry about my oldest boy some as he's 23 and goes out some. Hope and trust the good lord keeps him safe

Sides Vern and I had soldiers to our right and two hens roughly our age to the left ( yes they were really old ). I don't see any terrorists or gang bangers getting past that security detail.

Vern knows where to set up camp

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That looks like a rather nice place, and it has great (15 5-star) reviews where I looked. That end of town, as you suggested, Randy, is not without a certain pall. And one is probably more at risk from the public range down that way with a few of the doozies who might lob a few 'strays' that end up anywhere.

I have to say though, that I have had the same great business interactions with the businesses over in that corner which I've come to know throughout this decent town.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
That looks like a rather nice place, and it has great (15 5-star) reviews where I looked. That end of town, as you suggested, Randy, is not without a certain pall. And one is probably more at risk from the public range down that way with a few of the doozies who might lob a few 'strays' that end up anywhere.

I have to say though, that I have had the same great business interactions with the businesses over in that corner which I've come to know throughout this decent town.

speakin of breakin bread with good folks, by my calcs Mark we're overdue to have a cuppa or a bite to eat. Would be good to catch up with you if you can spare the time.

Mondays and Tuesdays are about the only days I can. But if you're up for it would sure be good to see you again. If we were smart (and I'm pretty sure you are) we'd invite Thomas (kabuko 68) along.

If you've not met Thomas yet you're in for a treat. Truly a good guy and with you both having taught (he's still active) I'm sure you'd find some common ground besides hunting

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey Randy... just got the old green van going again a few days ago after sitting in a snowdrift all winter. Nothing too major, but wasn't inclined to play with gas at -20, especially not lying on my back in the snow. But having her running again after driving the little Toy-beater all winter sure put a smile on my mug and made me think pleasant thoughts about my fellow man, at least the ones who have stepped up in the time of need. Ran into Thomas yesterday while he was keeping his wife company in their 'shop'. He took a shine to my son in one of the classes, so we always burn more syllables than is probably necessary when a fellow has as many irons in the fire as he does. But yeah, on the cuppa or whatever....great minds or not, thinking alike apparently. smile

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Mark we need to make it happen and soon

While I can still afford a cup of ☕️

The Mrs looks like she's gettin ready to spend a lil real money 💰

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hey!....count me in!

I hope Mrs Randy is spending money for an upscale home in Tok.
It's time to get out of the rat race and enjoy the backwoods again.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Upscale home in Tok would be chicken feed compared to what she's looking at Vernesto

It's a RE deal here in fbks at a far larger magnitude than anything we've done before

Would/will be a life changing event if it goes through

Now whether it changes life for better or worse? Therein lies the rub my friend

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I thought you said an upscale home in Tok would be a chicken coop. I had to read it twice. 😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
You read it right the first time Aces. an upscale chicken coop may be all I can afford a week or so from now.......bwaaaakkk

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are you guys getting nicer digs or growing the business?

If nicer digs, I figure if you're going to invest I'd rather have nicer digs than bigger numbers on paper, within reason.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Nope growin biz

You'd laugh if you could see where we live. Same house I bought when we were prego with my now 27 yr old daughter

And I'm driving a 99 taco

We've put our money into our businesses

Obama says we didn't build em. We've had some good help along the way, and grateful for all the client support over the years

But the crowd always seemed mighty thinned out at the end of those 12-16 hour days

Almost felt like we were building it

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Good thing ol' uncle Barry had your back man.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hear Barry promised to return all the taxes paid by and on the businesses the fellers "aren't building" and aren't "profiting" from.

But he probably for damn certain lied.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Good luck to you and your bride Randy. Living modestly while investing in growth in small business is what makes this country great. I'm in the same boat, drive a 99 Silverado and extra money will build and grow the business. May you both have all the success you desire (and none of the inherent heartaches). 👍

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
739 members (10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 85 invisible), 2,741 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,700
Posts18,399,968
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.