Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Last week I bought 2 Anderson uppers and lower. After assembly of one of em, there appears to be a binding issue with the BCG. The lip the charging handle grabs ahold of is digging into the charging handle causing it to "wash out" the aluminum pushing the charging handle up to become wedged between the roof of the upper and the BCG, resulting in a complete lockup of the system. I have tried all different combinations of the upper/lower/bcg with a working AR and the only constant in the binding is the upper. Anyone have any ideas on the topic. Ive already email Anderson arms and am awaiting their reply as well.

Thomas

You can only tie the record for flying low
GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Post a 1 start review on their website and they will send you a return code withing 24 hours, and delete you review.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
I know stryke industries and one other handle manufacturer state their products might not work with an Anderson upper. Not sure who's specs are off but to me that is an issue when common parts are not matching based on known production tolerances.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I use their lowers with no problem, got two of them that work fine.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
both on daniel defense uppers however.

IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Anderson has spec/qc issues, have heard alot of these complaints, spend 25- 50 extra dollars for stuff that complies to industry standards. Just saying...

Last edited by renegade50; 05/06/17.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I don't know about the uppers but the lowers I have are fine. I know I have at least 700-800 rounds thru the 5.56 upper on a Anderson lower with not a single malfunction, I bought them in 2015,

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Post a 1 start review on their website and they will send you a return code withing 24 hours, and delete you review.

This speaks for itself about the whole issue actually.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by renegade50
Anderson has spec/qc issues, have heard alot of these complaints, spend 25- 50 extra dollars for stuff that complies to industry standards. Just saying...

I've personally had issued with their barrels, springs, and pins being out of spec.

I've had no issues with their lowers, but lets just say they are not my favorite parts supplier.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Yea the lower functions great. Put it on my RRA upper and it functions perfectly. I emailed Anderson and they have been quite prompt with their responses and have been pretty helpful....until about 3 days ago. They told me they were sending me a shipping label so they could have QC take a look at them IOT determine their serviceability. I emailed them the next day telling them I have not received the label...no response. Just emailed them again. If I get nothing in a couple days, Ill try giving them a call.

Would it be an acceptable assumption that Anderson is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to AR parts? The reason I went with them is because almost everywhere I read prior to buying these things was "all mil spec uppers/lowers are much all the same, it's just the name you are paying for" seemed to be a common statement. I guess I've found the "pretty much" variant haha

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by tjerica1201
Yea the lower functions great. Put it on my RRA upper and it functions perfectly. I emailed Anderson and they have been quite prompt with their responses and have been pretty helpful....until about 3 days ago. They told me they were sending me a shipping label so they could have QC take a look at them IOT determine their serviceability. I emailed them the next day telling them I have not received the label...no response. Just emailed them again. If I get nothing in a couple days, Ill try giving them a call.

Would it be an acceptable assumption that Anderson is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to AR parts? The reason I went with them is because almost everywhere I read prior to buying these things was "all mil spec uppers/lowers are much all the same, it's just the name you are paying for" seemed to be a common statement. I guess I've found the "pretty much" variant haha

If they are truly mil-spec, then yes. If not, then no.

If you look closely, you will notice Anderson Bolt Carriers are not mil-spec, and I don't believe they offer a true mil spec barrel either. Their parts kits are certainly not mil spec.

Some of their uppers read Mil Spec, some "dimensionaly correct", and on others Anderson makes neither claim.

It's up to each builder to decide who they will trust. Since I've caught them deleting reviews, I don't trust them.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Qc. Friends and family hiring plan. Not checking tooling wear during runs. Starting runs aware of tooling degradation coming up during runs. I imagine lots of their friends and family employees call themselves gunsmiths cause they know how to load stock into a cnc machine or coating booth and can hit the run button....... cheap is cheap..... when your uncle or brother got ya a job who gives a fugg about doing the right things.....

T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
yea I think this will be the last time I use Anderson stuff. Still waiting on a response....

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
BCM recently had some of their blemished uppers on sale for pretty cheap, u can try one of those. They might still have some, the one I bought looks and functions fine.

PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by gamma4diesel
BCM recently had some of their blemished uppers on sale for pretty cheap, u can try one of those. They might still have some, the one I bought looks and functions fine.

They do!

$75.00 a piece.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The reason I went with them is because almost everywhere I read prior to buying these things was "all mil spec uppers/lowers are much all the same, it's just the name you are paying for" seemed to be a common statement. I guess I've found the "pretty much" variant haha

When people say that you should run, not walk, in the other direction.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T

How "blemished" is the one you received? Is it just a finish issue? or is the aluminum itself damaged?

Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
The reason I went with them is because almost everywhere I read prior to buying these things was "all mil spec uppers/lowers are much all the same, it's just the name you are paying for" seemed to be a common statement. I guess I've found the "pretty much" variant haha

When people say that you should run, not walk, in the other direction.

Good advice, I will be heeding it in the future.

Just blasted them on 4 different sites with 1 star reviews (since I know AA wont post or delete mine) . Kinda funny how they make such a crap product, yet all the sites still have them at 5 star averages. I smell a conspiracy!

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y

How "blemished" is the one you received? Is it just a finish issue? or is the aluminum itself damaged?

I bought two of those blems myself. Both have a pretty large scuff on the left side of the receiver, it's pretty visible but does not go through the anodizing. Looks like they were rubbed against something during production. Functionally they are perfect as best I can tell; fit to my lower receivers is tight and BCM uses a tight "thermo-fit" on the barrel which I like. I put a shot of flat black Krylon over the scuff on one of them, looks just fine now.

T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by Yondering
I bought two of those blems myself. Both have a pretty large scuff on the left side of the receiver, it's pretty visible but does not go through the anodizing. Looks like they were rubbed against something during production. Functionally they are perfect as best I can tell; fit to my lower receivers is tight and BCM uses a tight "thermo-fit" on the barrel which I like. I put a shot of flat black Krylon over the scuff on one of them, looks just fine now.

I would probably end up ceracoating so its good to know that is just cosmetic. I just bought one laugh hopefully its just cosmetic as well.

T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
guess the review did the trick. Finally got the UPS label. Id rather just get my money back. Don't want to build with AA parts....oh well, maybe Ill just build em and sell em. Anyone want an Anderson Arms upper? HAHA

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

378 members (16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 17CalFan, 260madman, 41 invisible), 2,797 guests, and 1,096 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,590
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.