24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My experiences with SW are limited, as the nearest ones are about 150 miles away, one east and one west, down I-10. However, I have found that the counter guys at both are more than happy to help me, even if they are not exactly experts on whatever issues I am having. Year before last, as I was packing for my annual elk hunt, I discovered that the lens caps for one of my Leupold scopes were still on my grandson's rifle in Texas. Since I was headed to Las Cruces next day, I dropped by the new SW to see if they had any that would fit. Naturally, the only ones they had were Butler Creek. They did not have a sizing chart and I could not pull one up on my cell phone. The young man helping me, bless his heart, went and got a new Leupold scope like mine out of the box and went through just about every one they had in their display case--and they had a bunch of them. It took a little time, but I went back home that evening with a set and finished my packing. I don't know what his hourly pay rate was, but they darned sure didn't make any money off of me that day.

Last edited by mudhen; 05/04/17.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
BP-B2

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
Originally Posted by Seafire
Uhhh..

so when is sharing an experience, that I thought was pretty funny ( the reason I shared it)
translated as me bitching about it? But Guess that is Campfire Logic...

Because about everything you post on the 'fire is you bitching about someone in Oregon.

so its okay for you out of state guys to bitch about some of the YoYos one finds in Oregon..

but its NOT Okay for some of us local guys to Complain about, or even share with the campfire
due to thinking it was kinda funny...

Got it!

But then the Minnesota guys will disagree with you about "everything I post on the fire is bitching
about someone in Oregon...countering everything I post is complaining about Minnesota and people there.

So I need to quit "complaining" about people in Oregon.... maybe substitute, oh say Washington?
would that work for ya...

then on the other hand.. here's a thought...

for those of you who are thinking I spend my time "complaining" about people in Oregon or Minnesota
or anywhere else, and you want to complain about that....

Have you ever considered just passing my posts by?

That way, you don't have to get your shorts in a knot... or feel the need to come up with some lame
wise away comment? But that would then requiring thinking, wouldn't it...something against some of
your folks religion.

But then, that would be breaking campfire protocol with a batch of you guys wouldn't it...

because it is normally the same 5 to 10 guys doing just that... the" Usual Suspects"

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by mudhen
My experiences with SW are limited, as the nearest ones are about 150 miles away, one east and one west, down I-10. However, I have found that the counter guys at both are more than happy to help me, even if they are not exactly experts on whatever issues I am having. Year before last, as I was packing for my annual elk hunt, I discovered that the lens caps for one of my Leupold scopes were still on my grandson's rifle in Texas. Since I was headed to Las Cruces next day, I dropped by the new SW to see if they had any that would fit. Naturally, the only ones they had were Butler Creek. They did not have a sizing chart and I could not pull one up on my cell phone. The young man helping me, bless his heart, went and got a new Leupold scope like mine out of the box and went through just about every one they had in their display case--and they had a bunch of them. It took a little time, but I went back home that evening with a set and finished my packing. I don't know what his hourly pay rate was, but they darned sure didn't make any money off of me that day.

Ben, that's the normal style of experiences I have at most of the ones here in Oregon...

The guy "Will" just was an anomaly....dumber than Conrad in the Medford store.

I've seen Conrad recommend Rem 6 1/2 primers for guys who are loading for an AR 15...

and more recently recommend Rem Small Pistol primers, since the guy who was asking which primers to get,
had just picked up some sort of AR pistol variant.... luckily one of the other store associates intercepted him
and told him to get Small Rifle, even if it was a pistol...Conrad was arguing, short barrels required the small pistol primer
and longer barrels needed the small rifle.

Minus that, most of them will admit they don't know an answer... but are happy to get someone that does.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Well Slavey....

now you are just getting nasty.... I'll rack it up to a bad hair day...

haha

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
so its okay for you out of state guys to bitch about some of the YoYos one finds in Oregon..

but its NOT Okay for some of us local guys to Complain about, or even share with the campfire
due to thinking it was kinda funny...

Got it!

But then the Minnesota guys will disagree with you about "everything I post on the fire is bitching
about someone in Oregon...countering everything I post is complaining about Minnesota and people there.

So I need to quit "complaining" about people in Oregon.... maybe substitute, oh say Washington?
would that work for ya...

then on the other hand.. here's a thought...

for those of you who are thinking I spend my time "complaining" about people in Oregon or Minnesota
or anywhere else, and you want to complain about that....

Have you ever considered just passing my posts by?

That way, you don't have to get your shorts in a knot... or feel the need to come up with some lame
wise away comment? But that would then requiring thinking, wouldn't it...something against some of
your folks religion.

But then, that would be breaking campfire protocol with a batch of you guys wouldn't it...

because it is normally the same 5 to 10 guys doing just that... the" Usual Suspects"

The thought of you frantically typing away at things people say on the internet while you wear your fingers to the bone on your keyboard helps me sleep well at night and laugh all day.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
To be fair, Seafire was going to talk to the manager to straighten things out, but....he got interrupted by a alert on his phone informing him that Big Stick/Boxer had just made a post and he had to run and reply...

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well Slavey....

WTF?
How was that nasty?
That was the nicest, most cordial post I have replied to a certified Oregon dipshít in years.......
A nasty post would have read
"Hey. Shefire. I can't understand your bullshít with all that COCK in your mouth"......
THAT would be filthy.......

Have a wonderful, blessed evening....

Slave

P.S. My hair is perfect. Always. Everyday.
Brealcream.
A little dab will do ya.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MojoHand
To be fair, Seafire was going to talk to the manager to straighten things out, but....he got interrupted by a alert on his phone informing him that Big Stick/Boxer had just made a post and he had to run and reply...

Too true......
Laffin,.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the" Usual Suspects"

Would it be "nasty" if I called you the Martha Stewart of drama?
You always have a new recipe.
Congratulations?
Slave

Have Dog

Will Travel

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Seafire is acting a little butt hurt.. Did he miss a wipe?

Zing...

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by wageslave
Well Slavey....

WTF?
How was that nasty?
That was the nicest, most cordial post I have replied to a certified Oregon dipshít in years.......
"Hey. Shefire. I can't understand your bullshít with all that COCK in your mouth"......

Slave

Brealcream.
A little dab will do ya.

Good thing you are too nice to post such a thing.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by wageslave
Well Slavey....

WTF?
How was that nasty?

Slave

Brealcream.
A little dab will do ya.

Brealcream.
A little dab will do ya....

Is that what HoMo Hands tells you before he bends you over or is that what you tell Calvin and/or Big Fish before
you bend them over?

its hilarious that ONE person can inspire you four YoYos to mentally return to the 3rd grade...

a few of you use to be a LOT better at internet insults.....like getting Called an Oregon Dipshit by an Idaho Dipshitt

You dummies need a lot more practice...

Lets see if you can throw insults for 30 pages...Show the rest of the campfire your creative intellectual prowess..
Maybe Travis can give you guys classes in throwing insults with some class and creativity....
Steelhead would also be an excellent choice... he knows how to throw GREAT insults.

sad to see Slavey return to his HoMo posting roots tho...just sayin...

you boys ALL have a blessed wonderful evening also...

God Bless..

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Time for your meds to be adjusted.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
Good thing you are too nice to post such a thing.

+1

Have Dog

Will Travel

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Funny I read this morning that 1 in 5 people in Oregon suffer from a mental illness, highest concentration in the country.

http://koin.com/2017/05/04/oregons-mental-healthcare-crisis-fails-most-in-need/

Despite my user name, no I am not from Texas.........

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
callin bs on the whole story

Maybe it's another attention whore grabbing scam to help a stateside remf

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Maybe this will help sooth the itching & burning......
[Linked Image]

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MojoHand

[Linked Image]
Blast from the past!

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just curious, if seafire is a thief, (to which claim his response was he didn't need a moral compass), why would anyone give him the time of day since being a liar goes hand in hand with being a thief? Lowest form of human, no dignity, no honesty.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The glut of nominations suggests "lowest form of human" is becoming an intensely competitive category.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
103 members (10gaugeman, 338reddog, 405joe, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 10 invisible), 1,385 guests, and 691 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,873
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.