Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Heckler & Koch is building a US factory in Georgia, a welcome surprise for US gun buyers. The German arms manufacturer is building a 23 million dollar facility in Columbus, Georgia to built pistols, sport, and hunting guns. At this time we are unaware of exactly what lines are to be produced in the new stateside facility, I assume that it will be models that were previously affected by import restrictions.
So does this mean that HK no longer hates you and we don’t suck anymore? We won’t really know how this will affect the lines offered to US citizens until they tool up and get product rolling out the door. Heckler & Koch couldn’t continue to ignore the market here in the US as a result of the United States being home to the largest civilian arms market in the world.
HK stated that nearly 40 percent of the guns produced in 2016 were not only bound for US shores but were purchased by civilian shooters.
This is a huge step for a company that previously ignored the civilian market largely and resisted the idea of introducing popular designs thanks to strange and hard to understand import laws. Heckler & Koch did want to clarify that the Georgia plant will not be producing and weapons for the US military and is only producing civilian focused firearms in the new facility.
I imagine it will take some time to get the plant built and spin up production, I will be interesting to see what product lines HK designates for civilian buyers. Could this mean we will get a US legal MP7 for the civilian market? Maybe expanded SP5 choices? Only time will tell.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...05-09&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Please bring back an affordable HK 91 and i will perform oral sex on Hillary....

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No firearm is worth that. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by krupp
Please bring back an affordable HK 91 and i will perform oral sex on Hillary....

Yeah, I'd like an old style 91, too, but it would be nice if they added some way to attach rails to them for sighting systems, lights, etc. Same with the MP5.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

I don't want to lose my breakfast.

IC B2

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

you going to throw Bill in there too for your 91?

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

Let's not get carried away ... you can always get a PTR 91.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I find it interesting that foreign manufacturers have turned to the former texile belt to invest $billions, and continue to do so, while US manufacturing has left the South. Reason? Largely Unions prevent the US companies from investing in the South, while foriegn manufacturing sees affordable American labor readily available, reasonable land prices, and attractive tax structure.

BMW is in Greenville SC, Mercedes in B'ham and are now moving corporate to Atlanta. Porsche has a huge US headquarters at the old Ford site in Atlanta. Kia has build a monster assembly plant in LaGrange, Georgia. Hyundai has the same in Montgomerie, AL. The Ports of Savannah and Brunswick GA have been expanded and improved. JAX is another major port.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Yeah, I'd like an old style 91, too, but it would be nice if they added some way to attach rails to them for sighting systems, lights, etc. Same with the MP5.

Take a look here:

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/viewcategories.asp?idcategory=118

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Would love to see the reintroduction of the SL 7.

When people face the possibility of freezing or starving there is little chance they are going to listen to unfounded claims of climate doomsday from a bunch of ultra-rich yacht sailing private jet-setting carbon-spewing hypocrite elites
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Are you sure about that???

[Linked Image]

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bea175

you going to throw Bill in there too for your 91?

Not that desperate.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
That's good

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's great news, hopefully bring the price point down also.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Ya know man, we appreciate you being willing to take one for the team but some things just go too far.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
You would need to push Huma out of the way to perform that odious task.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by Badgerloader
You would need to push Huma out of the way to perform that odious task.

Do I see the possibilities of a threesome here? Even the Russian hackers would be reluctant to post that video!

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
What does/will H&K produce that will actually be desirable? They are behind the curve at this point.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
What does/will H&K produce that will actually be desirable? They are behind the curve at this point.

What/who's curve are you referring to ?, what mfg. has passed them up as a premier product ?

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
PTR already makes the 91.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

681 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 117LBS, 10ring1, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 67 invisible), 2,604 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,164
Posts18,465,238
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.