Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
What ever Meals on Wheels is serving will be our noon meal tomorrow. The wife is helping with that, and she brings some home.
One is free for driving, she buys the rest.

Anyone help with the Meals, on Wheels?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I met with our local MOW's folks, good folks by the way, but was just not confident that I could be consistent with my schedule. Particularly when we head to the place up north. I do need to sort this as I am now enjoying joining my wife here in Texas who volunteers at a Christian "food bank" and for years has volunteered the same in most places we have lived.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Not now, but I did. I was President of a Royal Canadian Legion branch in Quebec for 14 years total, and the branch members cooked and distributed the local Meals on Wheels. Then the Quebec government came up with some new rules and regulations and we were no longer allowed to do it because we held a liquor license. The bar was never open during the time the Meals on Wheels were prepared and delivered, but that made no difference to them. Now, several years later I hear that a liquor license no longer makes a difference.

These days because I am not there, my contribution to the program is monetary. I truly believe the Meals on Wheels program makes a world of difference in lives everywhere, not just through the meal service, but by the friendships, and the concern and care that comes out of the connection between those who receive and those who prepare and deliver the meals.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I am the fill-in when they need a substitute delivery person here in town. It is a very rewarding task. I think that many of the people who receive the meals look forward to the brief moment of human contact as much as they do the meal.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I forgot who here turned me onto www.mercychefs.com but I am in semi-serious talks about leaving Blue and going at something like Mercy Chefs or Team Rubicon full on!!

Been doing charity cooking fund raisers/competitions for years. Especially, local shelters and special causes!!

https://operationbbqrelief.org/ is a great cause!! And rewarding!!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

612 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 16penny, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 160user, 68 invisible), 2,055 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,267
Posts18,448,289
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.