Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Any cook putting Cheese-Wiz on my moose steak gets shot!

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image]
Not as cute as the cartoon beavers, but I'll toss this in.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
The Maple leaf, yes, but the RCMP has lost my respect, so I don't see that organization as representative of the country anymore.

Ignorant here- can you tell me why? Don't want to turn this into a political thing, just curious.

Last edited by kenjs1; 06/11/17.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Look up Canadian web sites discussing the flooding at High River, Alberta and the mounties actions there.

Jim

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jim;
Good afternoon to you sir, I trust the day has been treating you well.

I see that I wasn't reading wabigoon's question closely enough as he did ask about the symbols I "liked" best and not which ones I might have thought were the most recognizable - which is in truth how I responded.

For me personally it pains me a great deal to agree with Jordan on this issue as the performance of our national police force in High River was nothing short of a disgrace. As well I've not been pleased with the Trudeau government's decision to let the RCMP take charge of firearm classifications either. Making thousands of 10/22 magazines which have been in lawful Canadian hands for decades is just the tip of that particular iceberg.

On the membership side we personally know a few RCMP who were unimpressed enough with their management as to advise our daughter to look elsewhere when she was inquiring about a career there. That to me speaks volumes.

When he was assigned the post of Commissioner, I was initially hopeful that Bob Paulson would do a better job of cleaning up some of the decay and perhaps it's a bit better now, but in my view they still need to work on a lot of things, not the least of which is how they are viewed and respected by average Canucks.

That's just one guy's view from the middle of BC and nothing more Jim, but I don't believe I'm alone in holding it.

All the best to you all this summer sir.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
The Maple leaf, yes, but the RCMP has lost my respect, so I don't see that organization as representative of the country anymore.

Ignorant here- can you tell me why? Don't want to turn this into a political thing, just curious.

As Jim and Dwayne have mentioned, the RCMP has become a highly politicized, police-state-esque, power-hungry organization that is no longer interested in simply enforcing legislated law. The "brass" is quite against firearms ownership by citizens, which is seen in every statement made by the RCMP when there is a citizen that actually defends himself from an assaulting criminal. Unfortunately they're politically bought and paid for by the left.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I have to say my regard for the mounties started to disappear following the marches in Ottawa in opposition to then proposed gun legislation. After seeing them on roof tops with sniper rifles waiting for some one to do something so they could cut loose it totally changed my feelings toward them. In the end I understand those marches were identified as some of the best run ever seen in Ottawa. Now they seem to serve as a public relations tool due to the recognition given to the red serge uniforms in other countries. It is sad when our traditions seem to fail us so badly. It seems impossible to determine whether their actions just originate at the top or how widely they are held by the rank and file.

Jim

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wow Guys- I had no clue, so sorry. Why do I feel all of us are going the way of the Cowboy? God bless Canada.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Libtard Toronto decides a rubber duck is the way to go...

http://nypost.com/2017/06/19/why-canadians-are-mad-about-this-huge-rubber-duck/

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
A Molson's Beer bottle and a LaBatt;s Beer Bottle...

I always preferred Molson's X...

O'Keefe Ale also...

Got introduced years ago, to Molson's 22..

actually by a couple of young Mounties in a Bar in Thunder Bay...

That will sneak up on ya.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B3

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
hockey puck

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
John Candy

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

291 members (06hunter59, 10ring1, 1OntarioJim, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 26 invisible), 1,641 guests, and 946 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,177
Posts18,465,508
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.