24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Has anyone used a Boyd's thumb hole stock on a shotgun? If so, what do you think of Them? It will be on a pump if that matters.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Cannot imagine a worse choice... thumbholes are anything but quick handling.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For what purpose? For general wingshooting I think it would be terrible. No accomplished clays shooters I'm aware of use a thumbhole stock. I know some turkey hunters like thumbhole stocks but they're really using a shotgun more like a rifle. I really dislike the thumbhole stocks.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

I'm really a rifle guy, shooting skeet and walking around wing shooting isn't something I'm interested in. Rabbit hunting with dogs was my thing but that's over with, and Duck hunting has lost it's luster. So if I grab a shotgun it's going to be turkey hunting or maybe getting a slug barrel.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Some shooters like the thumbhole for turkeys, predators and/or tactical uses. I find them heavy, bulky and cumbersome. I've used a shotgun for those activities for a long time and strongly prefer a standard stock style without any thumbhole or pistol type grip.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks guys, I have been watching these things on ebay and could probably swap stocks and put some money in my pocket. That's the reason why I'm asking.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DryPowder
on ebay and could probably swap stocks and put some money in my pocket. .

That right there may tell you something....

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I love pistol grip stocks on turkey guns.

I put a surshot on my brother in laws 870 last year because his arthritis really interferes with him handling a normal stocksbd he shoots really well with it

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gitem_12

I put a surshot on my brother in laws 870 last year because his arthritis really interferes with him handling a normal stocksbd he shoots really well with it

Thanks for the reply. I basically use a shotgun like a rifle so that's what got me thinking about the change.

My next rifle is going to be a used Remington 760 pump. What do you think of the pistol grip on that?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I wouldn't be against trying it.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DryPowder
Originally Posted by gitem_12

Thanks for the reply. I basically use a shotgun like a rifle so that's what got me thinking about the change.

My next rifle is going to be a used Remington 760 pump. What do you think of the pistol grip on that?

It is interchangeable with a 20 gauge 870 stock... not bad for factory.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
613 members (2003and2013, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 62 invisible), 2,475 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,599
Posts18,398,245
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.