Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Wow - you're such a good shot ! ! laffin here. laugh laugh laugh
or is that a TICK on its side ?? confused

[Linked Image]

That's almost smack dab in the middle! Lots of room for wobble! cry - freakin hilarious grin
Keep practicin there 'gwe' dood, maybe you can get closer to the 10 ring. smirk

Try this dumb cluck.
[Linked Image]

In my BEST "shtick" monologue. whistle whistle
laugh laugh
I apologize, been influenced from the DARK side. I promise to try harder to REFRAIN myself.
cool

Jerry

Last edited by jwall; 05/15/17.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
GB1

ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by jwall
Wow - you're such a good shot ! ! laffin here. laugh laugh laugh
or is that a TICK on its side ?? confused

[Linked Image]

That's almost smack dab in the middle! Lots of room for wobble! cry - freakin hilarious grin
Keep practicin there 'gwe' dood, maybe you can get closer to the 10 ring. smirk

Jerry

The actual bullet hole is under the knife handle, right on the 'front shoulder' because I didn't want to shoot it in the 'back shoulder'....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Hey Ingwe

I really really hope that you ACCEPT that I was JERKING your chain.
Honestly. It is ALL in fun man.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
I know that....

But I love the real nay sayers...Had one on another forum after a similar post that remarked " I'm glad it all worked out for you..."

Obviously he didn't approve of stunt shooting.......usually the case with those who have opinions instead of experience.

Carry on!

Last edited by ingwe; 05/15/17.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Lets talk about stunt shooting some more, Last winter I had a wounded vet come with a friend to the ranch as our guest, he turned out to be one hell of a guy, he had lost both arms in Iraq, right arm from the shoulder, left arm above the elbow, we rigged up a AR-15 .223 with a electric car antenna so he could bite the switch and pull the trigger, taped the whole thing together with black tape, and tied the rifle around his neck with a scarf.

And took him to the range, I'll be damned it worked almost, problem was when he bit down on the switch the damn AR, would start shooting and wouldn't stop till he spit the switch out. we finally figured it out, but if he was a little slow it would still double tap.

next morning we went to a deer blind over on the West Ranch, that's usually a good spot, took us awhile to get set up, come day light no deer, no pigs, but we had a

4X4 bull Elk, walk in to water about 85 yards away, Now I have killed lots of elk over the last 65 yrs of hunting and guiding but never with a .223, but what the hell I told him if he gets broad side, shoot him behind the shoulder, i will back you up with my rifle.

Bam! BAM! Elk folds up like a rag, That was Stunt Shooting. and a Hell of a lot of fun. Rio7

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by RIO7
Lets talk about stunt shooting some more, Last winter I had a wounded vet come with a friend to the ranch as our guest, he turned out to be one hell of a guy, he had lost both arms in Iraq, right arm from the shoulder, left arm above the elbow, we rigged up a AR-15 .223 with a electric car antenna so he could bite the switch and pull the trigger, taped the whole thing together with black tape, and tied the rifle around his neck with a scarf.

And took him to the range, I'll be damned it worked almost, problem was when he bit down on the switch the damn AR, would start shooting and wouldn't stop till he spit the switch out. we finally figured it out, but if he was a little slow it would still double tap.

next morning we went to a deer blind over on the West Ranch, that's usually a good spot, took us awhile to get set up, come day light no deer, no pigs, but we had a

4X4 bull Elk, walk in to water about 85 yards away, Now I have killed lots of elk over the last 65 yrs of hunting and guiding but never with a .223, but what the hell I told him if he gets broad side, shoot him behind the shoulder, i will back you up with my rifle.

Bam! BAM! Elk folds up like a rag, That was Stunt Shooting. and a Hell of a lot of fun. Rio7

GOOD on you and him for making it happen.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
YEP! Kudos!

Ive got a friend that recently did some stunt shooting in Africa....he has arms though..

5 giraffe with a .223....one shot each.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
RIO -

That's DOUBLE impressive. Not talking about double tap.

If you don't mind I would REALLY like to know what bullet and
what velocity ? ?

--- 65 yrs of hunting ! ! Fantastic **

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
jwall, The ammo was Hornady 55 Gr. bthp, that's all I had .223 ammo don't know the fps, It worked I have killed a lot of pigs with that ammo and a few deer. wasn't planning on shooting an Elk. Rio7

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
ingwe, Never shot a Giraffe, but would think a .223 would do the job just like anything else, if put in the right spot. But-- But -- everyone knows Elk are bullet proof, Rio7

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
RIO

Thnx. I wouldn't have expected those results. It IS impressive to me.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
jwall,Some times we just get lucky. Rio7

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Nice critters. Always enjoy your posts/pics. I get a kick out of the ethics committee who damn the 223 for being too ineffective on game yet damn cross bows for being overly effective on game. I hate to admit it but I know a few folks who have filled the freezer every year with 22shorts. Goes to show you who has experience and who doesn't when it comes to stunt shooting.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
My father in law took a friend elk hunting several times. This guy would get "bull" fever and shake like a tuning fork and hit three bulls very badly. Guts,knee,azz etc. and my fil shot them all with a 223 and 55gr cup and cores right behind the shoulder. Said they found all three bullets under the hide on the off side. Who knew?

Fred

Fourth Generation Border Rat
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Well I'll admit that I am beginning to rethink my original prejudice on using the 223 and 222 for deer especially with some of the newer premium bullets. Based on the explosive nature of the traditional c&c bullets I use to see on groundhogs I would have been hesitant thinking if I hit a rib the lighter c&c bullets bullet may not penetrate.obviouslt if you slide it between the ribs it would be fine or if you hit them in the head but I would want to definitely use a premium bullet there. However I will say the giraffe story really is surprising.those bad boys can be 2or 3 times the weight of an elk and would have the skeletal structure to match I'm guessing. That's some stunt shooting for sure.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Stunt shooting and aoudad... Last one I saw killed was with a glock 20 in 10mm... LOL.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Shooting giraffes would be about like shooting a farmers cow, the ones we saw in Africa were quite tame..

Molon Labe
ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Shooting giraffes would be about like shooting a farmers cow, the ones we saw in Africa were quite tame..

Kinda what I thought, but they had a surplus and needed lion food...Giraffes are one of few animals I couldn't bring myself to kill.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Have had to shoot a few cows over the years.....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'm not really saying I would like to shoot a giraffe quite the contrary but those things are huge compared to an elk, and much too big to be plinking at with a 223.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

102 members (16penny, 338reddog, 280shooter, 257robertsimp, 16 invisible), 1,259 guests, and 838 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,056
Posts18,463,227
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.