Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Esox357
Change out the factory "plastic" sights and replace with trijicons or mepros ect. Then shoot the heck out of it.

That's the plan. Probably a set of crimson trace grips too

Where is the best source for extra magazines? Want oem

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ShortMagFan
Change out the factory "plastic" sights and replace with trijicons or mepros ect. Then shoot the heck out of it.

Brownells, Midway, etc., etc.. Isn't it great to be looking at the AWB fading out of sight in the rear view mirror?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Forgot to mention that in my previous post....... Had some Trijicons put on the G 19 and now I shoot the heck out of it better than with the factory sights.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 22250rem

Forgot to mention that in my previous post....... Had some Trijicons put on the G 19 and now I shoot the heck out of it better than with the factory sights.

Good choice. HDs?

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Congrats on the 19.

Retired cat herder.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ShortMagFan

Modway, Sportsman's Guide, CDNN, GrabaGun, Aim, etc. will shoot out emails occasionally with them on sale for $18-19/ea and free shipping. That's when I've jumped on them.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Got Trijicon HD XR sights put on today. Really looking forward to shooting it with those

Anyone use a Crimson Trace Railmaster? I'm not thrilled about how much bigger the LaserGrips appear to make the grip area of the gun and the Railmaster seems like a good solution

I'm not in a huge rush on the laser but I need to know which laser before I place the order with Simply Rugged

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Skip the laser. It only encourages bad habits and dependence. How many operators have them on their handguns? I'd wager very few. It's a gimmic.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The G19 living here was bought for giggles-the S&W 19 being a particular favorite of mine. That was a few years back and rather a lot of 9mm ago. The S&W may have left the safe for the range twice in the last four years.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
My fav GLOCK. Have a few 19's in different configurations.

Midway has mags for $16.74 right now. Heard it was today only though. Saw the price on their site with my own eyes.

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by MOGC
Hard to argue against a G19...

Just wish more people would try the 17 before jumping on the 19 bandwagon. I have both, and never opt for the 19. When the rare circumstance occasionally arises where I feel like the 17 has too high a print chance, I go for the 43 rather than the, only slightly more compact, Model 19. Reason being that I can noticeably shoot the 17 better, its concealment characteristics are just a hair inferior to the 19 (and will therefore never make a difference in the real world), and it carries just as well as the 19 (says I), so why give up improved handling and higher capacity for a handgun that's hardly noticeably more compact?

While I love the g19, I sort of agree with you, I have a few g17s and I really like them. No complaints atall. One of my first guns ever was a first generation g17, I had no idea at the time what I had, I got it at a gunshow and didnt know much about guns, I shot it a bit and carried it while elk hunting, all I had at the time was the g17 and a remington 700 in 270. I never really looked at guns much in those days because I hadnt yet made any money, I figured I had a rifle that always handled elk every year and a nice pistol.

Fast forward a decade, I found out what i had was a semi-rare 1st generation g17. Lot of people have tried to buy it from me over the years but Ive always held on to it. Ive ince added a gen3 rtf2 and lots of other glocks but Ill always keep my 17s.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by AKPENDUDE
While I love the g19, I sort of agree with you, I have a few g17s and I really like them. No complaints atall. One of my first guns ever was a first generation g17, I had no idea at the time what I had, I got it at a gunshow and didnt know much about guns, I shot it a bit and carried it while elk hunting, all I had at the time was the g17 and a remington 700 in 270. I never really looked at guns much in those days because I hadnt yet made any money, I figured I had a rifle that always handled elk every year and a nice pistol.

Fast forward a decade, I found out what i had was a semi-rare 1st generation g17. Lot of people have tried to buy it from me over the years but Ive always held on to it. Ive ince added a gen3 rtf2 and lots of other glocks but Ill always keep my 17s.
I like the 17 so much, I own two identical gen 4s. I always believed if you liked something a lot, you need to own two of them, just in case.

I had two 19s, but recently sold one of them. I guess I'll keep the other, just because. So far, I have yet to find a niche for the 19. The 17 gets the daily carry nod, and the 43 is brought to service in the rare case the 17 is too hard to perfectly hide. I have no business keeping even the one 19, and may eventually find myself without it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dooger
My fav GLOCK. Have a few 19's in different configurations.

Midway has mags for $16.74 right now. Heard it was today only though. Saw the price on their site with my own eyes.

Got in on a couple of those. Also bought some Carhartt tshirts that had free shipping and they shipped the entire order for free.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by 22250rem

Good choice. HDs?

I forgot which Trijicons I wound up getting.... Looked at several and picked one out and the gunsmith/shop owner who sold me the gun put 'em on. Just a 3 luminous dot setup; not real big but not too small either. Sure helps out with aging eyes and much better than the factory sights. Look at different ones and let your eyes decide.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For pure ccw work I vastly prefer the speed and ease of XS big dots, not as pinpoint accurate as a standard 3 dot set up but is worlds faster to get good hits at ccw ranges. For more precision I can abide 3 dot tritium set ups but prefer just a tritium front and pure black rear.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
For more precision I can abide 3 dot tritium set ups but prefer just a tritium front and pure black rear.

I like front only, too. Either that or a plain tritium rear with an very bright orange front sight like the HDs.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 222ND, 257 roberts, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 69 invisible), 2,423 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,541
Posts18,453,197
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.