-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Am considering Dennis Olson (from Plains, MT) for a converstion project (to a .404 Jeffery). If you've dealt with him for any gunsmithing please let me know what you think of his work and business ethics.

Thanks,

Scott

Last edited by jetblueman; 03/06/08.

Warm trails and blue skies!
GB1

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I've heard that Mr. Olsen is very talented, and a top custom riflesmith who is very busy. I've never seen or handled or used his work, but the guys who have report fantastic results.

Ask him about delivery times. That would be my number-one question.

You might also talk to Mark Penrod who I can recommend very highly based on many years of association I've had with him, and some of my long-term hunting friends have worked with Mark much more than I have, and always with superb results.

AD

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He built my .375 and his delivery time was only off by about a week from what was promised. The quality & price of his work is good.

There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor polite, nor popular -- but one must ask, "Is it right?"

Martin Luther King, Jr.
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
WyoJoe: Thanks for the input. By "good" I assume you mean he met your expectations and that you would, indeed, recommend him?

Allen: I contacted Mark last year for some work, and though I decided to hold off on that project, I found Mark to be a very good-hearted man, who listened well to my questions and was patient to the nth degree in discussing options. Thanks for reminding me about him.

Scott

Warm trails and blue skies!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jetblueman
WyoJoe: Thanks for the input. By "good" I assume you mean he met your expectations and that you would, indeed, recommend him?

Yes. If I had the money right now I would send my P-17 off to him & have him send it back as a .416 Remington. My only recommendation would be to let him take the time he needs.

There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor polite, nor popular -- but one must ask, "Is it right?"

Martin Luther King, Jr.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There are NONE better, IMO. He did two jobs for me, one that takes talent and experience to get perfect, and it was perfect. cool His prices are realistic, also...and he gets things done and back to you in your lifetime. wink

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He's just down the road from me, so I've seen a lot of his work. All I can say is, every piece I've handled I'd gladly add to my collection. My father in law, who is also a custom rifle builder, thinks he does top notch work as well. Around these parts, his name is very well known.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He does all my stock routing and has done some checkering for me.....all of which is excellent work

Last edited by vapodog; 05/14/17.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (10Glocks, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 51 invisible), 2,310 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,090
Posts18,464,038
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.