-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I'd bet as many of the guys running these shops are good, hard working Catholics as are drug dealers. The Catholics just have more common sense than Discount Tire

That's my take as well.

I can get a flat fixed in ten minutes for five bucks, a whole set of new tires for about $100 less that the big chains in twenty or thirty minutes minutes, or a good used tire with lots of life left for $30 per.

It is my understanding that Americans snort about 400 tons, or 800,000 pounds, of Mexican cocaine a year, a large fraction of which comes up Interstate 35 from Laredo/Nuevo Laredo. All the tire shops I know of around here (and there's a bunch) are busy all day with floor jacks out front, changing tires. Elsewhere MMV.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

To get back to the issue at hand, llantas, if you buy a new set at Discount Tires and they offer your insurance, buy it. For one tire of the set. They don't mark down which one is insured and so far, as luck would have it, it's always the insured one that gets ruined.

Last edited by willowcreek1996; 05/13/17.

long before Rodriguez stole that goat.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Those tire places are everywhere here it seems. They sell you a tire they didn't pay Schmidt for at $30 to $50 a pop. Good markup!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by willowcreek1996

To get back to the issue at hand, llantas, if you buy a new set at Discount Tires and they offer your insurance, buy it. For one tire of the set. They don't mark down which one is insured and so far, as luck would have it, it's always the insured one that gets ruined.

I think you'd better double check that.

Tires do indeed have a serial number on them, and they have a record of the numbers they put on your vehicle. I can't imagine why they would issue a road hazard warranty and not record that number as well.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
We had a group of Spanish speakers open four resturants in this area several years ago. They were very polite, service was good and the food did not suck. I had to wonder however, where the heck the $$$$came from, one resturant was a good sized freestanding building they built on a miracle mile strip, the others were nice rentals. I have often floated the idea of a resturant, but the numbers do not look very good for a startup if you do not have a pocket full of cash, or need to make a living off it immediately. These guys did finally pull stakes, from all the resturants, but are now 60 miles away doing the same thing.

People have a hard time realizing that just because someone is Hispanic, doesn't necessarily mean they are poor, stupid, uneducated, incompetent or lazy. There's plenty of smart, hard working, financially savvy, progressive people with family roots in Mexico. I have a lot of Hispanic customers, and a fair share of them are hard working, money making hombres. There's money there, and they (mostly) save up and pay cash for what they buy.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's money laundering too.There is a place right down the street from me.Portable building for an office,single stall carport for a shop.Big sign on the building says "New and Used Tires Cash Only".Rarely see anyone there,but the 1\2 acre lot keeps filling up with stacks and stacks of used tires.I don't think any tires get hauled away,just old used tires keep being hauled in.Great way to launder cash money.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by baldhunter
It's money laundering too.There is a place right down the street from me.Portable building for an office,single stall carport for a shop.Big sign on the building says "New and Used Tires Cash Only".Rarely see anyone there,but the 1\2 acre lot keeps filling up with stacks and stacks of used tires.I don't think any tires get hauled away,just old used tires keep being hauled in.Great way to launder cash money.

Yessir. Money laundering is a big part of that.

Daniel Martinez III, 35, of Richmond, was arrested Friday afternoon on suspicion of manufacture or delivery of a controlled substance more than 400 grams, engaging in organized criminal activity and money laundering between $2,500 and $30,000, according to jail records.

As of 5:15 p.m. Saturday, he remained in the Victoria County Jail on bonds totaling $210,000.

Daniel Martinez was listed as the owner of both One Stop Tire Shops at 1301 N. Laurent St. and 3509 Houston Highway. No one answered the door at either location Saturday afternoon.

https://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2017/may/13/sheriffs-office-releases-suspect-names-in-raids/

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
The tire shop here was putting cocaine inside the tires and they would deliver it throughout the U.S. in their network.

Youre blessed, Barry. I used the term "wetback" on here a couple of years ago and had the PC crew all over my ass. grin

Jan 2016 is a coupla' years ago now,.....jeez, I've been in some sorta' time warp, I guess.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

One thug at a time.................thatta boy Mr Prez...........

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The tire shop here was putting cocaine inside the tires and they would deliver it throughout the U.S. in their network.

Youre blessed, Barry. I used the term "wetback" on here a couple of years ago and had the PC crew all over my ass. grin

Dern Jagwire, you've only been on here Since January of 2016?

So how could you have used the term "wetback" a couple of years ago?

Unless you were deported, and sneaked back in under a different name?

There's a word for that, I can't quite remember what it is right now. blush

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
IC B3

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L

I used the term on line once (not here) and got the same blowback.. My eldest brother married a Texas gal named Rohilio (spelling might not be right), and I have 5 lightly tanned nephews and nieces. 4 good ones out of 5 ain't so bad....

Thing is, her family was in Texas when it was Mexico, and she is better than he (now deceased) deserved... smile.

I've had two black sister-in-laws (second eldest brother, also deceased). Both coke-heads - he never did learn. 4 wives, different shapes and colors, but essentially all the same woman.

And I have a Philippino SIL of a younger brother, better than he deserves.

Too bad one can't divorce the siblings and keep the in-laws sometimes. smile

There are terms one can use in one's head for family and others that are best not put out in public.... ever.

Last edited by las; 05/14/17.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

127 members (358WCF, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 30Gibbs, 35sambar, 21 invisible), 2,319 guests, and 920 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,648
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.