Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Ok, forget killing the messenger for a moment... this is actually very interesting. As you can see by my .sig line this general topic interests me very much. Very much worth the read for those appalled at the current state of affairs in the realm of debating ideas. A taste:

"People on the left and right,” the study concludes, “are motivated to avoid hearing from the other side for some of the same reasons: the anticipation of cognitive dissonance and the undermining of a fundamental need for a shared reality with other people."

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2017/5/15/15585176/motivated-ignorance-politics-debate

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
BP-B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
We listened to the other side.

Guns are bad, Rs hate old people, we need open borders, we need more Muzzies, cork suckers er normal, pedophilia is normal, quueers have beautiful famblys crywhen they adopt, we need illegal aliens on wefare.....

We listened. Unlike you, we didnt swallow.

Unlike you, we still dont.

Last edited by jaguartx; 05/15/17.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Game set and match to jaguartx..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Journal of Experimental and Social Psychology= long haired hippy type creepo [bleep]

The messengers of liberalism get headaches from listening to the common sense reality "spewing " from conservatives...waaaaa

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
you are the very definition of unmotivated complacent ignorance in the discourse of life, GFY dopehead.

Trump Won!
IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by gunner500
you are the very definition of unmotivated complacent ignorance in the discourse of life, GFY dopehead.

Couldn't of said it any better..

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Fuggn Obama voting POS!

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Best he stay in the shallow part of the pool.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Guns are bad, Rs hate old people, we need open borders, we need more Muzzies, cork suckers er normal, pedophilia is normal, quueers have beautiful famblys crywhen they adopt, we need illegal aliens on wefare.....

This^^^^^^^^^^^

As painful as it is I regularly read left wing leaning sites. It is smart to know what they are up to and how they perceive things in order to have an effective argument with them.

You, Jeff underestimate the right and our level of knowledge on social issues, many of us live and breath this stuff and have for years.
We truly do see the bigger picture and understand the lefts tactics and goals.

The left is a direct threat to the traditional values we hold dear . We believe these values have made this country the greatest in the history of mankind. Trust me it didn't just happen by accident.

To listen to you spew the lefts talking points is disgusting and proves how ill informed you are. Therefore many here consider you a threat to our way of life and the liberty we hold dear.

For many years I would avoid arguing with the left, I figured they were not worth the effort, that has changed. It is time to argue and attempt to save our way of life and our liberty.

Wrong headed talking points and left wing lies are no longer to be tolerated.

You Jeff are doing exactly what you accuse us of doing,

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by irfubar

This^^^^^^^^^^^

As painful as it is I regularly read left wing leaning sites. It is smart to know what they are up to and how they perceive things in order to have an effective argument with them.

You, Jeff underestimate the right and our level of knowledge on social issues, many of us live and breath this stuff and have for years.

The left is a direct threat to the traditional values we hold dear . We believe these values have made this country the greatest in the history of mankind. Trust me it didn't just happen by accident.

To listen to you spew the lefts talking points is disgusting and proves how ill informed you are. Therefore many here consider you a threat to our way of life and the liberty we hold dear.

For many years I would avoid arguing with the left, I figured they were not worth the effort, that has changed. It is time to argue and attempt to save our way of life and our liberty.

He's getting PAID to do this,......and responding to his drivel is doing nothing but improving his situation.
......wish a few folks would wise up about this, drop the "jello" schtick, and quit blowing the Troll call every 1/2 hour.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by irfubar

This^^^^^^^^^^^

He's getting PAID to do this,......and responding to his drivel is doing nothing but improving his situation.
......wish a few folks would wise up about this, drop the "jello" schtick, and quit blowing the Troll call every 1/2 hour.

GTC

You mean like answering this post. LAMO.

Camp is where you make it.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I truly wish it were otherwise, but the time for discourse is passed. The lying left has committed to their lies and will not be dissuaded from them. This will not end well, but it has to end.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Those are mighty big words coming from a mouth breather laugh

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That sums it up very nicely.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Ok, forget killing the messenger for a moment...

No.

[Linked Image]

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

"People on the left and right,” the study concludes, “are motivated to avoid hearing from the other side for some of the same reasons: the anticipation of cognitive dissonance and the undermining of a fundamental need for a shared reality with other people."

The difference is that the Right doesn't want to hear something so they just don't listen.

The Left doesn't want to hear something so they demand that you stop talking. Or they'll riot.

I can see who the problem is.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Ok, forget killing the messenger for a moment... this is actually very interesting. As you can see by my .sig line this general topic interests me very much. Very much worth the read for those appalled at the current state of affairs in the realm of debating ideas. A taste:

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2017/5/15/15585176/motivated-ignorance-politics-debate

Well Jeffery, I can see your interest in that subject.

I watched many conversations go on like that, when in college.

Guys who think they were some sort of intellectuals, sitting around stoned out of their minds
and think they were accomplishing something in life, talking about things they didn't have a friggin clue
about. Especially on a Friday and Saturday night.

Myself, I was putting my time and energies into practicing what it would be like on a honeymoon
with some gorgeous, large breasted blonde or redhead.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The left has progressed from talking to violence. They absolutely don't care what we have to say. They are the party of intolerance and hypocrisy.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

The difference is that the Right doesn't want to hear something so they just don't listen.

The Left doesn't want to hear something so they demand that you stop talking. Or they'll riot.

I can see who the problem is.

FNI. Last two letters are, "nailed it." You can fill in the rest.

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
657 members (12308300, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 09wingates, 78 invisible), 2,673 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,612
Posts18,398,407
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.