Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I've asked you this question a couple times now. Where is the "motivated ignorance" that is stopping me from understanding? It's your lack of any response...

Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
good faith and intellectual honesty are DEAD here.

Did you mean to prove your own point by never answering a simple question:

Originally Posted by efw

My belief has been that there's a lot of "there" there in the Russian collusion mess. Might not reach Trump- might be confined to Page, Stone, Manafort, Flynn, or some combo, but I think it happened. I think law enforcement has been doing what they do: methodically building the case. I think this brings all that to a head. Guess we'll see. I kinda hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.

How exactly do you figure that this would have helped Trump?

Unless election counting was rigged somehow, where is the collusion?

??

Please... seriously. I'd really genuinely like to know the answer, because it appears that the Left's "concern" has much more to do with continuing discussion of a connection only for the purpose of discrediting the President not because there is anything there of consequence.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Anytime you try to negotiate with the left, you lose. How do you discuss or negotiate with liars? I'm done. Your side set the rules of engagement and I'm damn happy to live by them.

Last edited by 280shooter; 05/15/17.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You know, there must be some validity to this. Example: I have been debating and making the same points for 30 years. I have been objecting to the same policies when presented by and/or argued for by the likes of Bill Clinton, Walter Mondale, Michael Dukakis (sp), Tom Daschle, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Shumer, etc., etc. Then, Barrack Obama comes on the scene, I take the same positions, and now, I'm a racist and that can be the only basis for my positions, irrespective of having held the same positions in opposition to white people for decades. Go figure.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
f-uck liberals

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ok, forget killing the messenger for a moment... this is actually very interesting. As you can see by my .sig line this general topic interests me very much. Very much worth the read for those appalled at the current state of affairs in the realm of debating ideas. A taste:

"People on the left and right,” the study concludes, “are motivated to avoid hearing from the other side for some of the same reasons: the anticipation of cognitive dissonance and the undermining of a fundamental need for a shared reality with other people."

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2017/5/15/15585176/motivated-ignorance-politics-debate

Jeff: Take it from a guy who carries a rattle and wears a headdress. I'm a Conservative Republican, Life Member of the NRA and a good Methodist Boy(with strong Taoist leanings). Despite this I have known and counted as my friends pagans, hermaphrodites, ex-members of the SDS and a mercenary or two. I have a great uncle that flipped off Hitler and lived to tell about it. My father used to hang with Cab Calloway, Gene Shepard and Jackie Gleason. I have dated and bedded more radical female communists than I care to think about. I have had a gnosh with Robert Anton Wilson. As soon as I get off the plane and get to my rental car, I start surfing for strange and unusual radio stations. I live for cognitive dissonance and my family shows a genetic disposition for it. Take it from me: that article was hooey and the guy who posted it is obviously trolling.

Sorry. but if you keep this up, I am going to put my fingers in my ears and sing loudly.

No, I would not kill the messenger, but I might be tempted to put him on ignore.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shaman
Ok, forget killing the messenger for a moment... this is actually very interesting. As you can see by my .sig line this general topic interests me very much. Very much worth the read for those appalled at the current state of affairs in the realm of debating ideas. A taste:

"People on the left and right,” the study concludes, “are motivated to avoid hearing from the other side for some of the same reasons: the anticipation of cognitive dissonance and the undermining of a fundamental need for a shared reality with other people."

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2017/5/15/15585176/motivated-ignorance-politics-debate

Jeff: Take it from a guy who carries a rattle and wears a headdress. I'm a Conservative Republican, Life Member of the NRA and a good Methodist Boy(with strong Taoist leanings). Despite this I have known and counted as my friends pagans, hermaphrodites, ex-members of the SDS and a mercenary or two. I have a great uncle that flipped off Hitler and lived to tell about it. My father used to hang with Cab Calloway, Gene Shepard and Jackie Gleason. I have dated and bedded more radical female communists than I care to think about. I have had a gnosh with Robert Anton Wilson. As soon as I get off the plane and get to my rental car, I start surfing for strange and unusual radio stations. I live for cognitive dissonance and my family shows a genetic disposition for it. Take it from me: that article was hooey and the guy who posted it is obviously trolling.

Sorry. but if you keep this up, I am going to put my fingers in my ears and sing loudly.

No, I would not kill the messenger, but I might be tempted to put him on ignore.

A little bruising would probably be overlooked.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Sometimes people learn from bruises

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by efw
Please... seriously. I'd really genuinely like to know the answer, because it appears that the Left's "concern" has much more to do with continuing discussion of a connection only for the purpose of discrediting the President not because there is anything there of consequence.

No matter how many times you ask the question you're going to get the same answer..............Nuffin'!

At least he's consistent......

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Trumps talk7ng to the Ruskies would of course be malicious. Zero and Hillary selling the Crimea and our uranium mine to the Ruskies wouldnt be of any importance. Why cant we undertand that? Because we arent brain dead libs.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jeff_O,

The problem with listening to your side is I can't figure out when you're lying or not. We have to wait for the facts to come out and then almost every time we discover the Left is lying. They claim to be open minded and tolerant. That is one of their biggest lies.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
ph=ck liberals and giving the sums bitches the time of day.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Motivated ignorance is as old as humans, and certainly not worth writing about in that context. Cognitive drivel there.
Decent folks who try to live via solid values/principles and deal with reality simply tire of hearing stuff from the deceitful and delusional.
Deceitful and delusional folks are afraid to hear what is said by those who behave otherwise.
This stuff is not scientific.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Jeff, I would imagine that if I went on a leftest forum where everyone's thinking was diametrically opposed to the way I thought and I tried to convince them that my way of thinking was sane I would get the same response. Why don't you go to where like minded individuals who want something for nothing and think that the working class owes them an education a phone a job and a living are.
You are not going to convince anybody here that they owe you [bleep], retard!

If your a leftist, whatever Donald Trump says or does, that pisses you off rest assured, I am a Happy Camper!
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Seems to me, the time for any meaningful conversation has passed between the sides at this point.

It should return in after the conflict/collapse.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by add
Seems to me, the time for any meaningful conversation has passed between the sides at this point.

It should return in after the conflict/collapse.

YES!

If your a leftist, whatever Donald Trump says or does, that pisses you off rest assured, I am a Happy Camper!
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I've talked to a lot of Lefties due to my job. I've never once got the sense that they listened, or wanted to listen, to the other side.

I have dutifully listened and digested all that they said, thought about it, checked it with the facts and against history, and pretty much always have concluded that they are wrong.

The Lefties live in an alternate utopic perception which has little bearing with the real world either past, present, or future, and thus they cannot listen to those who speak of reality. LEFTISM is the ultimate false religion.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
I've talked to a lot of Lefties due to my job. I've never once got the sense that they listened, or wanted to listen, to the other side.

I have dutifully listened and digested all that they said, thought about it, checked it with the facts and against history, and pretty much always have concluded that they are wrong.

The Lefties live in an alternate utopic perception which has little bearing with the real world either past, present, or future, and thus they cannot listen to those who speak of reality. LEFTISM is the ultimate false religion.

BINGO!!!!!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

He's getting PAID to do this,......and responding to his drivel is doing nothing but improving his situation.
......wish a few folks would wise up about this, drop the "jello" schtick, and quit blowing the Troll call every 1/2 hour.

GTC

Jesus H, Greg! On my grandmothers grave, I am not being paid to "do this"! By WHO?! crazy

I come here for two reasons. First, because as a person with strong political views that straddle both sides, I more than most am aware of the degradation of discourse and god damn it, I'm not letting that happen without a fight. Second, because tweaking some of you is just plain irresistible, and this forum allows ALL OF US to troll the other guy.

C'mon Greg. Don't go full-retard. frown

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by jaguartx
We listened to the other side.

Guns are bad, Rs hate old people, we need open borders, we need more Muzzies, cork suckers er normal, pedophilia is normal, quueers have beautiful famblys crywhen they adopt, we need illegal aliens on wefare.....

We listened. Unlike you, we didnt swallow.

Unlike you, we still dont.

This^^^^^^^^^^^

As painful as it is I regularly read left wing leaning sites. It is smart to know what they are up to and how they perceive things in order to have an effective argument with them.

You, Jeff underestimate the right and our level of knowledge on social issues, many of us live and breath this stuff and have for years.
We truly do see the bigger picture and understand the lefts tactics and goals.

The left is a direct threat to the traditional values we hold dear . We believe these values have made this country the greatest in the history of mankind. Trust me it didn't just happen by accident.

To listen to you spew the lefts talking points is disgusting and proves how ill informed you are. Therefore many here consider you a threat to our way of life and the liberty we hold dear.

For many years I would avoid arguing with the left, I figured they were not worth the effort, that has changed. It is time to argue and attempt to save our way of life and our liberty.

Wrong headed talking points and left wing lies are no longer to be tolerated.

You Jeff are doing exactly what you accuse us of doing,

The fück I am. I come here to try to converse and sometimes even learn a thing or two. I SEEK cognitive dissonance- it fascinates me, always has. Where there's cognitive dissonance, there's something to learn.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 280shooter, 2500HD, 6 invisible), 1,550 guests, and 707 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,536
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.