Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
BS.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

"People on the left and right,” the study concludes, “are motivated to avoid hearing from the other side for some of the same reasons: the anticipation of cognitive dissonance and the undermining of a fundamental need for a shared reality with other people."

The difference is that the Right doesn't want to hear something so they just don't listen.

The Left doesn't want to hear something so they demand that you stop talking. Or they'll riot.

I can see who the problem is.

I partly agree. I think it's terrible what's happening at say Berkeley where conservative speech is being suppressed. I have two kids in college, and I've gotten right in there grills that I'm gonna be PISSED if I get wind of their participation in that kind of crap. You don't suppress speech, you engage it, and if your viewpoint has merit, you whip it fair and square. So I agree with that part of what you are saying. Politics correctness is a huge problem and is a main cause of this stuff.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jeffo,

Without honesty you cannot have the cognitive dissonance you seek.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

I Dindo Nuffin
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by irfubar
Jeffo,

Without honesty you cannot have the cognitive dissonance you seek.

I agree.

And that's the problem- a complete lack of good-faith intellectual honesty in our discourse.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Any R worth a hoot will realize the game D's play. They suck you in and spit you out. There can be NO bipartisanship for the foreseeable future. The Dems are more evil now than they ever have been. The only way to exist with the Democrat Party is to defeat them at every level of government. Unfortunately there are too many moderate R's who are still trying to get along. They need to be primaried in their districts and booted out.
Since Nov. 9 the Dems have open goal, to somehow remove Trump from office. I hope they keep it up because they will continue to lose seats around the nation.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jeffo,
If you cannot recognize the lies of the left at this point it is hopeless for you.

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I didn't say the Left is correct and the Right is the problem!!

Did you even read the article I linked?

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Jeff,

I think the problem is my deeper than simply motivated ignorance. As a society we don't even agree that there is such a thing as objective truth, let alone what things actually fall into that category. IMHO rational discourse must be somehow grounded in truth. Without truth, everything is just opinion and who is to say one person's opinion is better than someone else's?

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Jeffo,
If you cannot recognize the lies of the left at this point it is hopeless for you.

This^^^^. Hes a sucker for a left hook or crook.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by achadwick
Jeff,

I think the problem is my deeper than simply motivated ignorance. As a society we don't even agree that there is such a thing as objective truth, let alone what things actually fall into that category. IMHO rational discourse must be somehow grounded in truth. Without truth, everything is just opinion and who is to say one person's opinion is better than someone else's?

Well, Comey said Hillary didnt intend to be so stupid. I guess, of course, Trump did. wink

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jeff,
Yes I read it. Did you read my post? My point is we don't all fit into that category. In fact I would make the argument the left are notorious for the behavior described in that article.
Herding conservatives is like herding cats.

The left are sheep and they prove it on a regular basis by repeating talking points, beyond that the haven't a clue and resort to name calling.

II will give you credit unlike most leftist you don't resort to name calling, you do regurgitate talking points and quote fake news on a regular basis

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by efw
I've asked you this question a couple times now. Where is the "motivated ignorance" that is stopping me from understanding? It's your lack of any response...

Originally Posted by efw
good faith and intellectual honesty are DEAD here.

Did you mean to prove your own point by never answering a simple question:

Originally Posted by efw

My belief has been that there's a lot of "there" there in the Russian collusion mess. Might not reach Trump- might be confined to Page, Stone, Manafort, Flynn, or some combo, but I think it happened. I think law enforcement has been doing what they do: methodically building the case. I think this brings all that to a head. Guess we'll see. I kinda hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.

How exactly do you figure that this would have helped Trump?

Unless election counting was rigged somehow, where is the collusion?

??

Please... seriously. I'd really genuinely like to know the answer, because it appears that the Left's "concern" has much more to do with continuing discussion of a connection only for the purpose of the President not because there is anything there of consequence.

Ok.

Your question is sort of a non-sequitar because the two are not related. Put another way, collusion doesn't require that one single vote was changed by the efforts to do so by Russia. How effective Russia's efforts were or were not is irrelevant. What's relevant is if a candidate colluded with Russia to attempt to influence the election. That'd be treasonous.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Your question is sort of a non-sequitar because the two are not related. Put another way, collusion doesn't require that one single vote was changed by the efforts to do so by Russia. How effective Russia's efforts were or were not is irrelevant. What's relevant is if a candidate colluded with Russia to attempt to influence the election. That'd be treasonous.

I told you Ernie, Nuffin'!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Russia connection and collusion makes no sense, Jeff

Lets assume the Russians did try to influence the election and they are responsible for Wikileaks. Did they make Hillary do her dirty deeds?

Did they make Hillary have an unsecured illegal server, just so they could hack it?

Did Podesta fall for a simple Phishing Hack? or did the Russians do that also?

What do the Russians hope to gain?

Do you believe Trump would believe the Russians could give him a victory?

Did the Russians make the DNC collude to sink Bernie Sanders?

After answering those questions then ask yourself, would the lib's concoct a scandal like this?

Would they benefit from a scandal like this?

Have they engaged in these kind of lies before?

Why wasn't Russian hacking on the radar until after Hillary lost?

Did Obama try and influence the Israeli election?

Did Seth Rich die during an armed robbery, yet nothing was taken?

Is Comie within his job description to determine intent?

Since when was intent a factor in whether to prosecute a crime or not?

If Trump is such a narcissist why would he ask the Russians of all people for help?

Did the Russian make Hillary form her charity in order to laundry money?

Did the Russian build Trump tower or any of his other resorts?

Did the Russians give Trump money to construct resorts?

Did the Russians funnel money into the Clinton foundation in order to obtain 20% of our uranium?

Did Obama tell Meidved (spelling?) tell Putin after the election he will have more leeway?

This is just a partial list I can think of off the top of my head, there is much more
Again tell me how I am just believing right wing rhetoric??

Critical thinking and common sense will help you sort through the "spin" you should try it , may work better than your cognitive dissident?

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

Ok.

Fair enough.

What may the INTENDED consequence of such collusion have been?

I assume that even if you don't like the President that you recognize he isn't an idiot right? What might have made the risk of such a thing worthwhile to him?

Seems to me there was a lot more evidence that the Russians might have colluded with Hillary.... I mean she'd already cut them a deal on nuclear material and they were contributing to her foundation.

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
EFW, sorry I missed your reasonable question. I didn't want this thread to just become a shïtstorm so I just bailed out of it... I just wanted folks to read that article I linked to and think about it a bit.

I actually agree that it seems unlikely, at this moment, that Trump himself was colluding; not so much because I don't see an intended consequence- which would be, to damage Clinton and thus benefit Trump- but because of recent events. It's hard for me to believe that a guilty Trump would fire Comey, talk openly about it being at least partly over "Russia", then turn around and brag to the RUSSIANS about it! That would be just stupid and he's not stupid. But, I think in his arrogance, his inability to STFU, and a basic mid-understanding of the limits of presidential power (and the way the FBI and courts work), I think he's made a terrible tactical blunder that opens him up to obstruction charges... we'll just have to wait and see.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
But I bumped this thread to post this, from Fox News. It dovetails nicely with the article I first linked to on this thread. It's a a quick read- check it out.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...n-donald-trump-is-dismissed-as-fake.html

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The Russia connection and collusion makes no sense, Jeff

Lets assume the Russians did try to influence the election and they are responsible for Wikileaks. Did they make Hillary do her dirty deeds?

Did they make Hillary have an unsecured illegal server, just so they could hack it?

Did Podesta fall for a simple Phishing Hack? or did the Russians do that also?

What do the Russians hope to gain?

Do you believe Trump would believe the Russians could give him a victory?

Did the Russians make the DNC collude to sink Bernie Sanders?

After answering those questions then ask yourself, would the lib's concoct a scandal like this?

Would they benefit from a scandal like this?

Have they engaged in these kind of lies before?

Why wasn't Russian hacking on the radar until after Hillary lost?

Did Obama try and influence the Israeli election?

Did Seth Rich die during an armed robbery, yet nothing was taken?

Is Comie within his job description to determine intent?

Since when was intent a factor in whether to prosecute a crime or not?

If Trump is such a narcissist why would he ask the Russians of all people for help?

Did the Russian make Hillary form her charity in order to laundry money?

Did the Russian build Trump tower or any of his other resorts?

Did the Russians give Trump money to construct resorts?

Did the Russians funnel money into the Clinton foundation in order to obtain 20% of our uranium?

Did Obama tell Meidved (spelling?) tell Putin after the election he will have more leeway?

This is just a partial list I can think of off the top of my head, there is much more
Again tell me how I am just believing right wing rhetoric??

Critical thinking and common sense will help you sort through the "spin" you should try it , may work better than your cognitive dissident?

Seems like you missed answering these questions JeffO so I helpfully posted them again for you.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
But I bumped this thread to post this, from Fox News. It dovetails nicely with the article I first linked to on this thread. It's a a quick read- check it out.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...n-donald-trump-is-dismissed-as-fake.html
You're an example of the effect of motivated ignorance on intercourse.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (204guy, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 22250rem, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 46 invisible), 1,851 guests, and 1,058 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,182
Posts18,465,649
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.