Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
New to the AR scene and looking at other websites to see what kind of parts are out there. Which online companies get your money and who do you trust?? Here are some of the names I've ran across. The ones I put a question mark by, please let me know if your experience was good or bad. Thanks:

1. Right to Bear Arms: Actually bought a RRA 2 stage match trigger from them at an excellent price. Shipping was fast and service was great.
2. PSA: A couple buddies order from these guys very frequently.
3. Tombstone Tactical? Looking at a great deal on a matched upper/lower. What can you tell me about these guys?
4. Cheaper than dirt: I heard they are dirty sob's?
5. Primary Arms?
6. Rainier Arms?
7. DSG?
8. Operation Parts?
9. Aim Surplus?
10. RRA?
11. AR15.COM
12. SAA?
13. Damage industries?
14. Red Barn Armory?
15. Top Gun Supply?
16. Impact guns?
17. Bravo Company?
18. Delton?
19. Northwest Armory: Bought from them and great people to do business with.

If you guys care to add some good online sites to the list, please feel free to do so. The reason I'm asking is because there isn't much here locally and when I do find parts, the prices seem to be astronomical. Seems like buying from a reputable dealer online is the way to go now days... I appreciate the input.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not trying to be a snob but i stick with Brownells.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Brownells used to be good. Since they bought Sinclair, not so much. Their ship times have gone way up as have their prices.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
#4 is bad news IMO. Basically jerks.

1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 9, 11 all good to go.

MidwayUSA does fine and has a lot of parts also.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have had good service from 1, 2, 4, 5, 15, 17. Would also add JSE Surplus, CDNN, Midway and Brownells.
I have gotten some very good deals from Cheaper Than Dirt; I just avoid the items they are gouging on.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Aero Precision - I probably buy more here than anywhere else.

1. Right to Bear Arms: Yes - for buying name brand parts, no personal knowledge of the inhouse brand
2. PSA: Yes - avoid the PTAC line, the Freedom line and up is generally OK, and anything branded is good. Shipping is usually slow.
3. Tombstone Tactical - Got a complete rifle from them, easy buy, easy shipping, and they communicated well throughout the sale.
4. Cheaper than dirt: Not my first choice, and not high on my list of places to get stuff...generally, I can find it cheaper other places.
5. Primary Arms: Good bargains, not always selling the front-line tough parts, but usually good enough for weekend shooting, and hunting duties.
6. Rainier Arms: Good parts, but usually expensive, more so than other websites.
7. DSG: Not much experience here, have ordered one or two things, unremarkable, but not negative.
8. Operation Parts: Unknown
9. Aim Surplus: I like their sales, no issues with the parts I've bought here. Shipping was reasonable, and prices were very good.
10. RRA: I like RRA, use them for triggers and BCGs when on sale. Love building on their uppers, have several in 6.8, and few in 5.56, easy to swap parts - IMHO.
11. AR15.COM: The website? One order, no issues.
12. SAA: Another one, I like their sales, no issues with the parts I've bought here. Shipping was reasonable, and prices were very good.
13. Damage industries: Unknown
14. Red Barn Armory: Good from what I know, they've had a few parts I needed - unremarkable experience.
15. Top Gun Supply: Unknown
16. Impact guns: Order from them several times over several years, no issues, good prices, and shipped as expected.
17. Bravo Company: Good parts, but very proud of them. IMHO, you are paying for their advertising campaign, and their corporate sponsorship of the various staff shooters.
18. Delton: Unknown
19. Northwest Armory: Unknown

Last edited by AH64guy; 05/17/17. Reason: typing is catching up with the thoughts...
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
AH64guy. Thanks very much for the response. Much appreciated!!!! Same to the rest of you that took the time. This helps a bunch..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
5. Primary Arms

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Joe Bob Outfitters or MidwayUSA for me.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
A couple that I don't hear much about but have always been good to me are PK Firearms and The Trading Place.

I use Brownells and Midway quite a bit when I catch things on sale. There's so many parts companies out there now it's mind boggling. Trying to find the best prices on several items at one place can be the most common problem these days. With the internet and reviews, no one wants to get a bad rep so service is usually pretty good at least with the major players.

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I just ran across ground zero precision. They look pretty cool. Anyone order anything from them??

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
JSE Surplus
Primary Arms
Joe Bobs
Palmeto

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I just ordered several items from Wing Tactical, very pleased and fast shipping. I was looking for a bolt tonite and a buddy turned me on to ADKarms.com. They have a 9310 MPI tested bolt for a great price!

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Granite Ridge Outfitters. Great prices on Aero Precision plus free shipping

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rainier is expensive, but their barrel warranty is awesome.

DSG is good to go and shipping prices are very fair.

PSA can be meh or a train wreck, but their prices make the chance worth it on some things.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Midway

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've used these guys a couple times with good luck. When everyone's elses stock was gone or low or jumped the prices, they had what I needed at a reasonable price.

https://www.redbarnarmory.com/

Life is just one damned thing after another

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

211 members (257 mag, 222ND, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 18 invisible), 1,502 guests, and 925 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,718
Posts18,457,150
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.