Print Thread
Hop To
E
EZEARL Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
E
On a M70 LA push feed if you reverse the front Talley 2pcs lwt base where does the face of the base/ring end up? Even with the port,hanging over it,or just behind the edge of it? TIA

Last edited by EZEARL; 05/12/17.
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I may have a picture of a classic or 2 with the front talley lightweight turned around. Here goes:

[Linked Image]

Here's another long action with the front turned around:
[Linked Image]

The FN BACO's are pretty much the same, as are the pre 64's and post 64 push feeds:
[Linked Image]

Keep in mind, the above rifles had regular ol talley lightweights. The extended front ring is totally different when you turn it. It will be flush with the loading port (or there abouts):
[Linked Image]

Hope that helps a bit..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
E
EZEARL Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
E
The one in the last pic is what I'm looking for. THANKS!

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
EZEARL, that is the extended front base, turned around... It shortens up the mounting length or lengthens it, depending on which direction you turn it...

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
E
EZEARL Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
E
How it is in the pic is what I need to eliminate the 402 Weaver extension base. The ring is even with the port but the base over hangs it. Thought about cutting off the excess but not much material left to the slot.

Last edited by EZEARL; 05/13/17.
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Good series of photos from "bsa" - extended Talleys are a good option to have if your scope tube is short. It allows you a little more leeway in the eye relief department.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BSA, I was looking at this photo...

[Linked Image]

Is there a reason you did not turn the front ring/base around the other way? When I mount a scope I always space the rings as far apart as possible, so I would have put that front mount the other way. I think it adds just a smidgen bit more physical integrity to the system. What am I missing?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BTW that is a nice lookin rifle. Love the wood!

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by RiverRider
BSA, I was looking at this photo...

[Linked Image]

Is there a reason you did not turn the front ring/base around the other way? When I mount a scope I always space the rings as far apart as possible, so I would have put that front mount the other way. I think it adds just a smidgen bit more physical integrity to the system. What am I missing?

What you are missing is the fact that I didn't like the extended front ring. For some reason it did not work well with it turned the other way. I later went to a better set-up (Leupold DD lows):

[Linked Image]

A guy here sold me the set of talley lightweights I posted a picture of earlier and he didn't bother telling me they were the extended version. I spent a while trying to figure out what the fu ck was wrong with these rings. I didn't like them, but would use them just the way they are orientated in the previous picture to mount a leupold 2.5-8x36 in a heartbeat. As you saw, they were a wrong match for the longer tubed 3.5-10x40.. I later went back to a standard set (not extended) of talley lightweights and a better/more reliable scope:

[Linked Image]

Looking better? By the way, good eye... wink

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I see now. I think te DDs are a better system anyway, and they're more pleasing to the eye to boot.

Don't be the darkness.

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
BSA said "What you are missing is the fact that I didn't like the extended front ring. For some reason it did not work well with it turned the other way."

I'm curious. How did it not work well? Rings misaligned? Wouldn't zero? Just wondering for future reference.

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GunDoc7
BSA said "What you are missing is the fact that I didn't like the extended front ring. For some reason it did not work well with it turned the other way."

I'm curious. How did it not work well? Rings misaligned? Wouldn't zero? Just wondering for future reference.

I think what BSA is saying is that when the front mount is reversed, the forward end of it overhangs the forward end of the receiver. That WOULD look a little funky.

Don't be the darkness.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

231 members (12344mag, 160user, 2500HD, 22kHornet, 10Glocks, 257 roberts, 24 invisible), 2,328 guests, and 927 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,718
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.