Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by lantx005
Does anybody have any experience with the Toric vs the Conquest HD? Does the Tract have similar issues with the finicky eye position and blackouts? I really liked allot about the Conquest but those problems were pretty bad for me.

Lantx, a couple years ago I ordered a pair of Conquest HD's and instantly found them to be hard to look through. Same deal as you, finicky eye position so of course I sent them back.

I have the Toric 10x42 HD's and they are not touchy at all, easy view. Much better than the Conquest.

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Thank you sir, I bought the pre HD Trinovids after the disappointment with the Conquests. I've been wanting to try the Torics but have been reluctant because of the constant comparisons to the Conquests. Sounds like this may be a good weekend too the plunge. If they can get close to the Trinovids and Meostar Hds performance at half the cost, Tract will have earned another customer.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If they can get close to the Trinovids and Meostar Hds performance at half the cost, Tract will have earned another customer.

They're in the hood - I think you'll be impressed.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
This does it for me ... I'm ordering a pair! Do I get the 10x42 like I originally planned or go with the 8x42??? Seems like a few are favoring the 8x42.

10% off and free shipping is great on an already decently priced bino!

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Go with the original idea!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyBobby
This does it for me ... I'm ordering a pair! Do I get the 10x42 like I originally planned or go with the 8x42??? Seems like a few are favoring the 8x42.

If most of your hunting is in fairly open area & at fairly long range & you are evaluating heads, get the 10's. Not a replacement for a spotting scope, but does the initial work better than an 8x.

If that's not the case, you can do with the 8's.

For the 1st case, I wouldn't even consider 8's but that just my preference; everyone is different & I am fortunate enough to have both 10's & 8's so I have flexibility.

MM

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I just placed my order. Went with the 10x Torics. Can't wait to have good glass this fall! These should be night & day improvement over my Pentax binos I've been using for the past 15 or 20yrs. I was way overdue! Lol

Thanks a lot fellas! Your input has helped me to make an informed decision or purchase. Plus, the 4 day sale sealed the deal for me. I'll let you all know what I think when I get them in my hands.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Does anybody have any experience with the Toric vs the Conquest HD? Does the Tract have similar issues with the finicky eye position and blackouts? I really liked allot about the Conquest but those problems were pretty bad for me.

I have the Toric 8x42. I've said this before, they're one easy binocular to get behind. The sweet spot is huge. They're one of most optically comfortable/generous/forgiving binoculars I've ever looked through. Mine have been out on loan to a client who's doing a huge project with Audubon. These threads have me missing them.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
RickyBobby,

Thanks for the oppurtunity to earn your support! My apologies I wasn't able to respond sooner.

Also, thank you everyone that chimed in with the good words on TRACT!

I'll be out of country until the first, but please don't hesitate to call in or use the chat if you have a question.

Thanks again!

Trevor
Tract Optics
www.TractOptics.com

Use discount code: 24HOUR5 for 5% off your order!
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I have new Trindvid Hd's and they seem the same to me. I LOVE them!

How do you know a Trump hater? They'll tell you.
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by TRACT_Optics
RickyBobby,

Thanks for the oppurtunity to earn your support! My apologies I wasn't able to respond sooner.

Also, thank you everyone that chimed in with the good words on TRACT!

I'll be out of country until the first, but please don't hesitate to call in or use the chat if you have a question.

Thanks again!

No problem ... just don't let me down! Lol

Excited to try them!

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Torics are supposed to be here tomorrow. Can't wait! Lots of deer currently using my clover field behind the house and down at my lake in the evenings. Excited to start glassing the bucks in velvet around here and also watching the fawns! Perfect timing for the new Torics.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Well RickyBobby.....????? Interested in what you think about them.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Well RickyBobby.....????? Interested in what you think about them.

Well, I currently have a hectic schedule due to my mom being in hospital at the moment but I did make time to unpack them when I got in from work and take a quick look off the back porch across one of my fields and did a quick adjustment and focus. I was pretty impressed ... They felt excellent in the hand! Then it was off to the hospital for the evening. It may be a couple weeks before I get chance to work them hard and will report back. For now my mom needs me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Take care of mom. Best to you and to her.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by SKane
Take care of mom. Best to you and to her.

Absolutely.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I think it would be hard to make a truly bad choice from the bins he presented, but I'm anxious to hear from another Toric user to see what he thinks of them!

I also go with the 10x42, but I'm a western hunter and typically have a lot of open ground to cover. On the other hand, I usually bring along a Leupold Yosemite 6x30 if I'm spending a day hiking through timber - they're also great for a loaner or backup.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Well, I thought I'd post some pics of my Tract Toric 10x42s for any folks considering them. I am really surprised by the size of these binos compared to my old Pentax 20x50s I've been using for the past 15 or 20yrs. I was definitely due for new binos and this is one of those purchases when I'm already asking myself why the heck I waited so long to get some decent binos. Lol! These Torics feel so great in my hands I can't even begin to describe it! I've had some chance to view wildlife from the house already. Yesterday evening I watched 3 turkey down by my lake for a good half hour or so and this morning I got to watch a buck in velvet feed across my Clover field by the house here. Very clear pic with sharp edges and great color contrast. Plus, most my viewing so far has been from inside the house looking through my windows ... can't imagine results I'll get once I get outside with them! I love the way the eye cups adjust in and out also! My old Pentax had the rollback rubber eye cups and these Toric have 3 spots that just twist and lock into place ... way better than what I'm familiar with. The Torics came with a super nice and well made neck strap that looks comfy too but I chose to order Tracts binos harness and give it a try. I've never used a bino harness before and thought it'd be nice to give one a try ... especially for my hunting purposes. Anyway, I'm posting pics of some side X side comparison with my old Pentax so you can all get an idea of the Torics size. Also, a pic of my hand for size comparison.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Man, I can't wait to get out in the field with these things and test them for brightness in the last minutes of daylight for clarity when hunting!

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

..... I'll try my best to keep you all updated the more I get to use them in the field

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1_deuce, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 264mag, 160user, 2500HD, 66 invisible), 2,320 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,656
Posts18,455,584
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.