Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by Southerntier8

Seriously. I have a 14 yr old American Standard that I am ready to take a 10 lb. hammer to. At least once a week, I'm running for the plunger. I want to replace it with one that WORKS! My only requirement for the new one is that it can handle a man sized turd. Would be nice if it were the standard height. Has anyone bought one in the past few years that has been trouble free? Its hard to believe the options available on toilets these days. I feel like I am vehicle shopping.

Sounds like you need to consider what's going on past the toilet. You most likely have sewer issues, not toilet issues.

I thought of that possibility. Our other toilet, one of the original low-flow models from a lesser known manufacturer, works great. Both toilets connect to the main drain line not all that distant from each other. There is a chance there could be an obstruction in the pipe between them. However, the problem began with the installation of the newer toilet therefore, for now, I am blaming it.

GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
If you're from NY then go to Canada & get one. I don't think they have the same low water use requirements that we do so theirs actually work.

I'm actually thinking of this. I have to go to Niagara Falls in July. Just got my passport renewed. It might be worth a border crossing.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I installed two of the American Standard units that say they can flush a bucket of golf balls... I don't doubt it; they have one hell of a flush! Unlike any non-commercial toilet I've ever used... On the downside, they are noisy; the flush makes a concussive thump you can feel in the floor, and they flush so powerfully that they'll test the ventilation of your drain line system. If you have an older home or questionable drain lines in terms of venting you might not want to use these. Otherwise, it's hard to imagine much of anything clogging the dang things!

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

Digging a "cathole?" If she wasn't wearing a wedding ring I'd stalk her.

Last edited by rlott; 05/20/17.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

[/quote]

14-years sounds like it might be one of those "double flush" toilets? e.g. for #1 you just hit the handle, for #2 you have to hold the handle down till the detritus fully exits the room?

Unfortunately, for whatever reason, women think that all of their deposits only warrant a #1 flush. This is in spite of the fact that their actual deposit is at at the very least on par with the men in the house, but more importantly completely ignores the ridiculous volume of toilet paper expended.

In any case, as many have mentioned here, the newer low-flush toilets have apparently solved this gender flush-reluctance problem. I recently installed a 1.28? per flush Kohler that cost me in the $170 range at Lowes. It has no flush options, and every time I hit the lever I marvel at how it can swallow a Peterbuilt sized dougan with ease.

[/quote]

No, I believe that the "double flush" models came out after I purchased this one. I would never get one. Even if I did get family trained to be 100% effective on its operation, there would always be guests to worry about.

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The nearest one!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
tag

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I installed two of the American Standard units that say they can flush a bucket of golf balls... I don't doubt it; they have one hell of a flush! Unlike any non-commercial toilet I've ever used... On the downside, they are noisy; the flush makes a concussive thump you can feel in the floor, and they flush so powerfully that they'll test the ventilation of your drain line system. If you have an older home or questionable drain lines in terms of venting you might not want to use these. Otherwise, it's hard to imagine much of anything clogging the dang things!
you would need one like that as full of chit as you are, lmao.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Just go to the local showroom and test drive a few.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

second half...

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
We have an American Standard , a Kohler and a Toto. The American Standard has the most problems at the worst time, when company comes. It clogs, overflows when the others dont. The American Standards hardware inside is so stupid a carpenter like me can see a better way to engineer it than the way it is made. The chain get flipped around something in there and makes the water run until you notice it won't stop running. I dont know why , after 100 yrs of making a toilet , some still do ant have the monkeys out of them yet. Toto , or Kohler for me. The Toto seems almost like a power flush.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
This one flows well in our Idaho place.

[Linked Image]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
RE ADA yes I'm serious. If your legs hang down, its not natural to have a movement. Knees have to be up a bit to relax the muscles...

Of course I'm 5/10, wife is 4/11, her feet actually dangle.

With my irritable bowels, the high one sucks when you sit on the pot for long times....

YMMV.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by kingston

second half...

jackass has to be the dumbest show I've ever seen short clips of....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by EdM

[Linked Image]

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I lived with my cousin in Washington State, up north of Seattle, for 7 long months. No running water, he had an outhouse.
What a stinking s***hole! Good lord did I get sick of it, and this was in spring and summer.
What a delight in January on a 20 degree day, that must have been.

No thanks, I now live way out in the wilderness of NC in the mountains, I have 39 acres, but I have indoor plumbing and a delightful Toto toilet.
I have no interest in looking down at a turd I dropped 3 days ago, how disgusting.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
If you'd eat a bowl of bran flakes fer breakfast ever mornin' ya wouldn't need one'nem high tek toilets.

Go chittin' an oak 2X4 in ya toilet,...ya gonna have problems. I don't care if it's made by NASA.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Originally Posted by EdM

[Linked Image]

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I lived with my cousin in Washington State, up north of Seattle, for 7 long months. No running water, he had an outhouse.
What a stinking s***hole! Good lord did I get sick of it, and this was in spring and summer.
What a delight in January on a 20 degree day, that must have been.

No thanks, I now live way out in the wilderness of NC in the mountains, I have 39 acres, but I have indoor plumbing and a delightful Toto toilet.
I have no interest in looking down at a turd I dropped 3 days ago, how disgusting.

A bucket of ash from the bucket that resides just works.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Go with a true classic:

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by kingston

second half...

jackass has to be the dumbest show I've ever seen short clips of....

You need to watch more short clips.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

329 members (10gaugemag, 264mag, 16penny, 300_savage, 1beaver_shooter, 2five7, 42 invisible), 2,751 guests, and 1,069 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,609
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.