Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Seriously. I have a 14 yr old American Standard that I am ready to take a 10 lb. hammer to. At least once a week, I'm running for the plunger. I want to replace it with one that WORKS! My only requirement for the new one is that it can handle a man sized turd. Would be nice if it were the standard height. Has anyone bought one in the past few years that has been trouble free? Its hard to believe the options available on toilets these days. I feel like I am vehicle shopping.

BP-B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
look on the used market for one of the old ones. you can clean it, rebuild it and put a new seat on it. if you have craigslist in your area there are all kind of building materials on there.

My diploma is a DD214
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Our Jacuzzi has been trouble free. But American Standard has been the standard for many years.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Southerntier8

Seriously. I have a 14 yr old American Standard that I am ready to take a 10 lb. hammer to. At least once a week, I'm running for the plunger. I want to replace it with one that WORKS! My only requirement for the new one is that it can handle a man sized turd. Would be nice if it were the standard height. Has anyone bought one in the past few years that has been trouble free? Its hard to believe the options available on toilets these days. I feel like I am vehicle shopping.

Sounds like you need to consider what's going on past the toilet. You most likely have sewer issues, not toilet issues.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We have an American Standard Cadet 3. Not an expensive one, $170 at Lowes, have had it 8 years and pluneed it once or twice. No idea why it ever needed plunged, but with two young kids and a wife....... probably best I don't know.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
TOTO

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
The low water use Kohler toilet is a good one, if you want to spend that much. We bought, I think, a Mansfield that works quite well.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Paddler

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
If you're from NY then go to Canada & get one. I don't think they have the same low water use requirements that we do so theirs actually work.

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Another one for TOTO. Very impressed after 12 years.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Kohler Cimarron has worked very well for 12 years for us. I would purchase again.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

My only requirement for the new one is that it can handle a man sized turd.

Sounds like you're looking for a Ferguson toilet, the King of Bowls.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Take it from a dumass plumber. Buy a good Kohler. Not the cheap one. American Standard residential and commercial toilets are dog cshit.The toto comercial are ok. No experience with Toto residential toilets yet. Just my opinion.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by fburgtx
TOTO

Originally Posted by logger
Another one for TOTO. Very impressed after 12 years.

TOTO for the win. I think I have only used the plunger once in 12 yrs.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Kohler, get the tall one too thank me later...

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RickyD

Sounds like you need to consider what's going on past the toilet. You most likely have sewer issues, not toilet issues.

My first thought. Gotta believe just about any toilet is less restrictive than whatever's downstream.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RufusG

My first thought. Gotta believe just about any toilet is less restrictive than whatever's downstream.

It might be the toilet also. When the low flush toilets first came out most of the manufactures just changed the flushing mechanism. It took some of them a while to redesign the toilets.
The TOTO rep explained it to us the same way as this article does.
http://www.hgtv.com/design/rooms/bathrooms/the-lowdown-on-low-flow-toilets

Toto, a Japanese company that started selling toilets in the U.S. in 1989, now has about a third of the $320-million U.S. toilet market. It's gotten that slice with a better trap — a trapway, not a mousetrap. Toto's toilets (such as the Bristol) have longer and less convoluted trapways than traditional toilets, and their 3-inch (vs. 2 inches) flush valve — where the water leaves the tank — makes a big difference, too.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Kohler Cimarron, we have installed dozens of these in the past 10 yrs.
No call backs. I have had 3 in my own house for over 10 yrs with no clogs or issues.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I just replaced the dump valve on my AS Champion. It goes WHOOOOSH when the trigger is pull with its large diameter.

https://www.americanstandard-us.com...m-collections/champion-toilet-collection

Dump valve is huge.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
TOTO +4 ... Friend of mine that works for a plumbing supply house highly recommends them Have had one for 10+ years. Have never had to use the plunger. While you're at it, get a Bemis Whisper Close seat to go with it. Makes for the ULTIMATE in thrones...

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I had the same problem at my house and my Dad's and the next door neighbors. The older American Standards we tried to tolerate were terrible.

It was explained to me that TOTO had the patent for a low water use toilet that would actually flush, but most other manufacturers are copying now. I suppose the patent ran out or something.

I have installed several Glacier Bay and they all work fantastic. They are the cheap chinese ones you get at Home Depot for $100 or so. I imagine most new toilets have copied the TOTO design and will work much better than what you have. Look for the big opening for the flush at the bottom of the tank.

We all know advertising works, we just don’t think it works on US!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Make it so it looks like JeffObama's pie hole. Guarantee to never clog smile

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I think most of the no clog toilets simply have a slightly larger throat and are glazed all the way to the end of the throat. I have a $149 American Standard no clog from HD and have no clog issues at all.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Yes, I have used a few tank type toilets in comercial establishments which sounded like a jet turbine intake when flushed. It would take a brick to plug one up. But I never got a make or model number from one. I want one in my house. For all I care, it can use 5 gal/flush. My aquifer is fully charges and electricity to run the well is cheap.

As we pass the 60 yr mark, a couple inches of increased seat height can also be usefull.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
We built a new house last year and I originally had picked out American Standard Champion 4 as the toilets I wanted installed based on reviews I had read. When we did the sit down with the plumbing people, they talked us into the Toto Entrade. It has the higher rim height for us older folk and has a quiet quick flush that is amazing how well it works. They said Toto has set the standard that everyone is trying to follow. From what I have seen I can not disagree.

3825 24336
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by hanco
Take it from a dumass plumber. Buy a good Kohler. Not the cheap one. American Standard residential and commercial toilets are dog cshit.The toto comercial are ok. No experience with Toto residential toilets yet. Just my opinion.

+1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

[/quote]Toto, a Japanese company that started selling toilets in the U.S. in 1989, now has about a third of the $320-million U.S. toilet market. It's gotten that slice with a better trap — a trapway, not a mousetrap. Toto's toilets (such as the Bristol) have longer and less convoluted trapways than traditional toilets, and their 3-inch (vs. 2 inches) flush valve — where the water leaves the tank — makes a big difference, too.[/quote]

Those Japanese really know their [bleep]!

3825 24336
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Agree with Toto. We have four and have had zero issues with them in eight years.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
We've used cheap and expensive names over the years.

I"ll never do anything but cheap again, get 7-10 years out of them and replace.

In fact one of the Kohler or Toto ones that was way high dollar was so worried about making a silent flush, it hardly flushed.....junk....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
BTW we have one thats higher at home right now, from when Grandma was still here. Worst thing to [bleep] on ever. Gets your legs and feet at such a high angle you can't hardly.... next year, it still works, its going to the junk pile. Never have a high one again.

YMMV

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
American Standard Champion 4 in "right height" configuration.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
When low flow toilets came out, 2 or 3 decades ago, they were not very good. And, indeed, the answer was to go to a junkyard and buy and old toilet and replace the seals and install it. Or buy one in Canada, which did not have low flow requirements.

Today the low flow toilets are very good. We have had a Toto for 5 years and never a problem, and I am 6-3 and 225 and I do put a strain on a toilet, if you know what I mean.

Also we got the ADA model, which is the high one, it sure makes life easier for a man to have the high toilet.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by fburgtx
TOTO

^^^^^^^^^
THIS

We have the low flow rules here and my older plumber recommended a "TOTO". This toilet fixed all my flushing issues!

Last edited by old_willys; 05/20/17.

Ted
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
American Standard champion 4 with the 1.6gpf. Have not had one clog since. Watch the video on them sucks like 18 golf balls down....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

14-years sounds like it might be one of those "double flush" toilets? e.g. for #1 you just hit the handle, for #2 you have to hold the handle down till the detritus fully exits the room?

Unfortunately, for whatever reason, women think that all of their deposits only warrant a #1 flush. This is in spite of the fact that their actual deposit is at at the very least on par with the men in the house, but more importantly completely ignores the ridiculous volume of toilet paper expended.

In any case, as many have mentioned here, the newer low-flush toilets have apparently solved this gender flush-reluctance problem. I recently installed a 1.28? per flush Kohler that cost me in the $170 range at Lowes. It has no flush options, and every time I hit the lever I marvel at how it can swallow a Peterbuilt sized dougan with ease.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Are y'all saying you don't like the high toilets, also called the "ADA" models?
That is weird to me.
We have had a standard height toilet for 18 years and that thing was a pain in the ass to me, to coin a phrase. But the fiancee loved it!
I am 6-3 and she is 5-2.

So I built an addition 2 years ago and built a new bathroom in there, and I made damn sure to get an ADA model toilet in there.
This high toilet is so much more comfortable for me.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
this thread is full of chit.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Have an American Standard Champion 4. No problems. Went from clogging every time to no clogs.

Here's what to look for in any brand: fully glazed trapway, largest diameter trapway, largest flush valve size though this is less important.

Then teach everyone in the house how to correctly use a modern toilet--IT MUST BE FLUSHED. USE MORE WATER!!! FLUSH IT AGAIN to put enough water down the drain to keep your sewers moving. Especially if you use "flushable" wipes, which are known sewer cloggers.

Low-flow toilets are responsible for more toxic chemicals being added to the sewage systems than any thing else done in America.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

I thought of that possibility. Our other toilet, one of the original low-flow models from a lesser known manufacturer, works great. Both toilets connect to the main drain line not all that distant from each other. There is a chance there could be an obstruction in the pipe between them. However, the problem began with the installation of the newer toilet therefore, for now, I am blaming it.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
If you're from NY then go to Canada & get one. I don't think they have the same low water use requirements that we do so theirs actually work.

I'm actually thinking of this. I have to go to Niagara Falls in July. Just got my passport renewed. It might be worth a border crossing.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I installed two of the American Standard units that say they can flush a bucket of golf balls... I don't doubt it; they have one hell of a flush! Unlike any non-commercial toilet I've ever used... On the downside, they are noisy; the flush makes a concussive thump you can feel in the floor, and they flush so powerfully that they'll test the ventilation of your drain line system. If you have an older home or questionable drain lines in terms of venting you might not want to use these. Otherwise, it's hard to imagine much of anything clogging the dang things!

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

Digging a "cathole?" If she wasn't wearing a wedding ring I'd stalk her.

Last edited by rlott; 05/20/17.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

[/quote]

14-years sounds like it might be one of those "double flush" toilets? e.g. for #1 you just hit the handle, for #2 you have to hold the handle down till the detritus fully exits the room?

Unfortunately, for whatever reason, women think that all of their deposits only warrant a #1 flush. This is in spite of the fact that their actual deposit is at at the very least on par with the men in the house, but more importantly completely ignores the ridiculous volume of toilet paper expended.

In any case, as many have mentioned here, the newer low-flush toilets have apparently solved this gender flush-reluctance problem. I recently installed a 1.28? per flush Kohler that cost me in the $170 range at Lowes. It has no flush options, and every time I hit the lever I marvel at how it can swallow a Peterbuilt sized dougan with ease.

[/quote]

No, I believe that the "double flush" models came out after I purchased this one. I would never get one. Even if I did get family trained to be 100% effective on its operation, there would always be guests to worry about.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The nearest one!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
tag

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I installed two of the American Standard units that say they can flush a bucket of golf balls... I don't doubt it; they have one hell of a flush! Unlike any non-commercial toilet I've ever used... On the downside, they are noisy; the flush makes a concussive thump you can feel in the floor, and they flush so powerfully that they'll test the ventilation of your drain line system. If you have an older home or questionable drain lines in terms of venting you might not want to use these. Otherwise, it's hard to imagine much of anything clogging the dang things!
you would need one like that as full of chit as you are, lmao.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Just go to the local showroom and test drive a few.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

second half...

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
We have an American Standard , a Kohler and a Toto. The American Standard has the most problems at the worst time, when company comes. It clogs, overflows when the others dont. The American Standards hardware inside is so stupid a carpenter like me can see a better way to engineer it than the way it is made. The chain get flipped around something in there and makes the water run until you notice it won't stop running. I dont know why , after 100 yrs of making a toilet , some still do ant have the monkeys out of them yet. Toto , or Kohler for me. The Toto seems almost like a power flush.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
This one flows well in our Idaho place.

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
RE ADA yes I'm serious. If your legs hang down, its not natural to have a movement. Knees have to be up a bit to relax the muscles...

Of course I'm 5/10, wife is 4/11, her feet actually dangle.

With my irritable bowels, the high one sucks when you sit on the pot for long times....

YMMV.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by kingston

second half...

jackass has to be the dumbest show I've ever seen short clips of....

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by EdM

[Linked Image]

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I lived with my cousin in Washington State, up north of Seattle, for 7 long months. No running water, he had an outhouse.
What a stinking s***hole! Good lord did I get sick of it, and this was in spring and summer.
What a delight in January on a 20 degree day, that must have been.

No thanks, I now live way out in the wilderness of NC in the mountains, I have 39 acres, but I have indoor plumbing and a delightful Toto toilet.
I have no interest in looking down at a turd I dropped 3 days ago, how disgusting.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
If you'd eat a bowl of bran flakes fer breakfast ever mornin' ya wouldn't need one'nem high tek toilets.

Go chittin' an oak 2X4 in ya toilet,...ya gonna have problems. I don't care if it's made by NASA.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Originally Posted by EdM

[Linked Image]

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I lived with my cousin in Washington State, up north of Seattle, for 7 long months. No running water, he had an outhouse.
What a stinking s***hole! Good lord did I get sick of it, and this was in spring and summer.
What a delight in January on a 20 degree day, that must have been.

No thanks, I now live way out in the wilderness of NC in the mountains, I have 39 acres, but I have indoor plumbing and a delightful Toto toilet.
I have no interest in looking down at a turd I dropped 3 days ago, how disgusting.

A bucket of ash from the bucket that resides just works.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Go with a true classic:

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rost495

second half...

You need to watch more short clips.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
American Standard Champion 4 -1.6 gal right height with elongated bowl. 4" flush valve from tank is largest on the market. A whole bunch of water at one time to flush your Jeff O down and through the pipe.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
just go to any store that toilets and read the specs ,some have bigger openings in them.

bigger hole bigger turd.

Last edited by srwshooter; 05/21/17.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Since entering puberty, I've been afflicted with a bad case of monster turds. It was so bad my father gave me my own plunger for my 13th birthday. I passed this trait on to my sons. In a world of .22 LR toilets, we're pinching 12 GA ammo into the chamber. My #3 son actually killed a 40 yr old American Standard. No amount of plunging would get it to work. I finally had to replace it.

When I did, I remembered what happened to my Dad. I grew up as the son of a landlord. Dad had stopped building houses and apartment buildings and spent the latter half of his working life maintaining a bunch of apartment buildings scattered around town. At 14 he brought me into the business and I was the maintenance man for his buildings until I was about 22. Dad built all these properties in the early to mid-50's. They all had American Standard toilets. That in itself is kind of funny, because he had a brief fling with one of the Kohler heiresses about that time. I never did get all the details. Anyhow, about 27 years into the life of the buildings, the toilets started to give up the ghost and we had to replace them. At first, Dad was buying American Standard replacements, and they were pricey. Finally one day a guy suggested the cheap $70 toilets made in Mexico. Dad bought a couple and our love affair with cheap Mexican vitreous began. We kept 5 in in the storerooms at all times. I got good at replacing toilets so we did not have to call in a plumber. We never had one fail.

When #3 killed an American Standard about a decade ago, I remembered the cheap Mexican toilets. I forget if it was Lowes or Home Depot, but they had a cheap toilet from Glacier Bay for about $90. I put it in. No problems. Also it clogs a lot less than the old American Standard, even though the new one is only a 1.6 Gal job. I've since put one in at Deer Camp.

My point is this: You don't need to go expensive to get good, and even a bunch of Monster Dumpers like us can live happily on a cheap toilet. Nowadays you've got a 3-to-1 price differential between the top-end and the bottom. So far, I've been happy at the bottom.

One other tip for all you monster dumpers:

Dad must have really had a bum time with that Kohler heiress, because he bought American Standard for all his houses too. I'm living in the last one he built. The ballcock died on the one in his bathroom last summer, and china is this funky green color that goes with the decor a lot better than white. I took a chance on a Danco Hydroright ballcock:

[Linked Image]

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B9BNGU0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It has a handle that allows you to flush a little for #1 and give the full load for #2. It took me some time to get it tuned properly, but I've been very happy with the results. I found that I could set it to use less water than before for #2 flushes and still get fewer plug-ups. The #1 flushes just barely go down, but they use about 1.5 gallons less water. It's all adjustable, so you can tune it to your bum and your tank. I'm happy with mine. I'm going to use these as replacements for all my American Standards as the old Mansfield ballcocks come up for maintenance.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Get a tall Mansfield. The one with the double flush. For water you use only 1/2 the tank and for waste you hold the handle down for a second longer and you get the full flush. Saves a lot of water and flushes quickly. Around $200, but well worth it. When your knees get bad you will appreciate the extra height.

Better to be over the hill than under it.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

People must do this. Go to Home Depot or Lowes and notice how high up in the racks they have the commodes displayed. Ya need binos to see 'em and no way you're looking in the tank without doing some climbing.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
They like to flush golf ball with them. I don't need to flush golf balls.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
We have an American Standard Cadet 3. Not an expensive one, $170 at Lowes, have had it 8 years and pluneed it once or twice. No idea why it ever needed plunged, but with two young kids and a wife....... probably best I don't know.

+1 on the 2 Cadet 3 dual flush I installed when remodeling the bathrooms

Never try to teach a pig to sing...
...it wastes your time and annoys the pig!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Great post!

TFF!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Democrat Party Headquarters!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Seriously though, the Mansfield toilets with 3" flush valves will flush about anything you throw at(or more accurately in) them and they are still made in the USA.

Just make sure you get the 3" valve model and 1.6gal flush and you are good. Just put 2 of them in my house a couple months ago...zero issues.

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CowboyTim
Seriously though, the Mansfield toilets with 3" flush valves will flush about anything you throw at(or more accurately in) them and they are still made in the USA.

Just make sure you get the 3" valve model and 1.6gal flush and you are good. Just put 2 of them in my house a couple months ago...zero issues.

The MAGA Throne!

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Glacier Bay from HD, we have 2, seldom have any problems, they have a straight through shot that seems to help. The seat that comes with the "kit" is not too good, but works. As for the possibility of problems further down the line, use septic tank stuff, even if you are on a regular sewer, be aware that bleach will kill the enzymes and bacteria, though. And maybe you have roots in the line--copper sulfate.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
TMI..deleted

Last edited by GeoW; 05/21/17.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Just my opinion. If your water is metered, get one of the "water-savers" and buy a good plunger. If it ain't metered, buy one of them big sob's with the seat belts.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Get a Toto Drake and like the rest of us you'll be recommending Toto to anyone who asks.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have a Toto at home but at my age, it's "Any Port In A Storm"

[Linked Image]

Old Fishermen never die, we just get reel tired.

May you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung.
May you stay......Forever young
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

Sounds like you're looking for a Ferguson toilet, the King of Bowls.

LOL.....that was the Ferguson 3000 IIRC...

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Another vote for Glacier Bay duo-flush, can't believe they are only around $120.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Those guys from Jackass are malcontents...I really should stop laughing.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
At below zero, a styrofoam seat.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Great post!

TFF!

Aw shucks! I really have to credit Dad for writing this one. He gave the deepest account of his exploits with the Kohler heiress while we made a side trip on a family vacation to drive through the Kohler Company HQ back in '74. Back in the early 50's, Dad was building from March 1 to November 1 in Cincinnati, and then he would take off for Europe for the Winter. It was cheaper living over there. Dad spoke German better than the natives. He was a handsome devil too. He had a boyish Ralph Bellamy look. He was hanging out in Garmish when he met two American chicks travelling together. One was the Kohler girl. They mistook him for a native, not realizing he was from Cincinnati. Dad did nothing to ruin the fantasy. They were thinking about going to Italy, and my father told them he'd chaperone. Somewhere in Italy after a week or two, he fessed up and they weren't put out at all. In fact, he got invited back to go deer hunting with the family. This was the story he relayed to us, driving through Kohler, WI.

Dad did not specify what happened on the deer hunting trip, but I know from other stories that they all went somewhere around Escanaba, MI, and Dad spent most of his time keeping his head down behind a big log. Dad saw where this was all going and did not want to get married and did not want to be an appendage of a toilet heiress and broke things off. Knowing Dad, that probably meant leaving without saying goodbye. Dad didn't like goodbyes.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have put 2 Kohler Santa Rosas at home. Thefirst replaced a 2 piece with a broken tank, and the 2nd was after a wax ring failed on the very low toilet on the 1/2 bathroom.

They are 1 piece, 1.28 gpf and work well. Good height and install easy.

Kohler Santa Rosa

Got them at Home Depot and Lowe's, just look around for the better price. ~$280 or so.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
You seriously can't figure out which toilet to buy to the point of starting a thread? How the fu ck do you even Velcro your shoes in the morning?

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tzone
You seriously can't figure out which toilet to buy to the point of starting a thread? How the fu ck do you even Velcro your shoes in the morning?

So a thread about toilets brings out an azzhole. No surprise there, I guess.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Leave it to a Yankee to not be able to pick out a fuggin toilet.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by rost495

second half...

You need to watch more short clips.

or grow a funny bone

Campfire Ranger
Online Shocked
Campfire Ranger

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Toto

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This thread needs more pictures.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter

in the future Toilet designed for US market will have poop disposal and works the same way are garbage disposal under the sink.

P.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W

Here you are Kingsey [Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
:-)

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
ADA TOTO....elongated, naturally.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
after almost a month of experimentation I have the solution.
before flushing add a cup of detergent ( dishwashing or laundry ). that will lubricate and everything gets flushed.

P.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If you have a full bowl, try holding the handle down until the tank empties. Usually it will shut off with water still in the tank. It's not a fix but it will help while you're contemplating what to buy.

Or, if the sink is upstream of the toilet, you can turn on the water to get more water washing down the pipe to help move things along.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
also search for "toilet American style vs European" , lots of differences.

we need to send this question to CNN and have them discuss it.

P.

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pablo, did you ever find a toilet ?

And remember, that famous quote by Confucius. "He who stand on toilet is high on pot". whistle

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

I bought a Toto. I had to have it ordered in so that I could get one with an insulated tank. It should be in any day now.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We gonna get YouTube of the first flush?

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by ro1459
Our Jacuzzi has been trouble free. But American Standard has been the standard for many years.

I also have a Jacuzzi Toilet...You will Have a Hard time stopping it up....My oldest son chits like a Mule and uses a Roll of paper each Chit.....

Last edited by KentuckyMountainMan; 07/03/17.

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by KentuckyMountainMan
Originally Posted by ro1459

I also have a Jacuzzi Toilet...

Note to self: Never get into a Jacuzzi when traveling in NC. wink

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Sitting on my USA built 1976 merican Standard Low Boy knowing that everything will go down well in a few moments. It ain't water efficient but nothing get heldup.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
5 pages of posts and no love for the Gerber toilets? I replaced a clog prone Eljer toilet (needed to be plunged at least once a day) with the Gerber Avalanche at the recommendation of the guy at the plumbing supply house when we did a bathroom renovation. Two years later and still have not needed the plunger. I got one with the insulated tank to prevent sweating as my well water is very cold and it's real humid in the summer here. No more wiping water off the floor and staining of the molding. Highly recommended.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
221 members (257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 280shooter, 32 invisible), 2,211 guests, and 982 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,641
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.