Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
You think like me Miles, I like what I'd call thresher's meals. Not fancy, but good, and enough of it.
The kind of meals cooked for a lot of hungry, hard working men.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's a shame you've never had a meal prepared by a good Chef. The term chef is bandied about especially with the 1001 cooking shows on the air.

A splash of wine really can add some interesting flavors to dishes. When I make a stew after browning the meat and onions I use a good dash of Cabernet to deglaze the pot. It really adds a richness to the flavor.

S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by milespatton
Seems to me that Chef's cook with wine where Cooks don't. I have eaten very little food cooked by Chef's, but none was up to par with the food that my Mother cooked. From breads to pies to meats and veggies. Never a drop of wine or brandy in any of it. miles

There are all different kinds of foods and ways to prepare them to create whatever flavor profile is intended.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
sse?, a peace maker? Don't that take the cake? ( This is the food section)

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
just trying to select some stinkin cognac

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So I'm way late to this party, understood, but this stuff is very good. You'll have to send away, dunno if that's an option for you or in your state but this is excellent brandy (the Armenians still call it Cognac even though the rules have been re-written). Aged 10 years, by Cognac standards, it's a XO and it is very good for a $30 spirit shipped. It's flavorful and will do very well for the pot, and it's also great neat or in a sidecar. Also, if you just can't stand ragheads, Armenians are predominantly Christian so don't let that be a deterring factor.

I use remedyliquor.com or missionliquor.com

[Linked Image]

D
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
D
Louis XIII Cognac over $3000 a bottle aged 100 yrs
True story this passed Saturday night dinner with another couple at a very high end steak house.They have a large liquor cart with desserts and high end liquor. The cart is directly behind our booth and my friend leans back and stretches and knocks a bottle off the cart. The staff and waiter hear the loud bang on the floor and run over....the look on their faces was the same look you would have if your dog got hit by a car,jaws opened and silence for a few seconds till the girl mutters it's the Louis! All of it split on the floor except less than a quarter of the bottle,she says that was a $5000 bottle of cognac. Ooopps . They charge $250 for a small 2 shot glass . They were good about it and didn't fuss too much after the initial shock wore off

[Linked Image]

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Louis XIII Cognac over $3000 a bottle aged 100 yrs
True story this passed Saturday night dinner with another couple at a very high end steak house.They have a large liquor cart with desserts and high end liquor. The cart is directly behind our booth and my friend leans back and stretches and knocks a bottle off the cart. The staff and waiter hear the loud bang on the floor and run over....the look on their faces was the same look you would have if your dog got hit by a car,jaws opened and silence for a few seconds till the girl mutters it's the Louis! All of it split on the floor except less than a quarter of the bottle,she says that was a $5000 bottle of cognac. Ooopps . They charge $250 for a small 2 shot glass . They were good about it and didn't fuss too much after the initial shock wore off

[Linked Image]

That's priceless, in more ways than one.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yikes

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
487 members (1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 42 invisible), 2,511 guests, and 1,085 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,733
Posts18,400,955
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.