Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,662 of 1,842 1 2 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1841 1842
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Last year weather was cold until Sunday afternoon when we fished with same guy and also caught limits of fish. He had fished in family tournaments on Sat both years and found the fish so we benefitted from that knowledge on Sunday. This year in shorts and sandals and shirt with warm weather and no wind. This guy knows how to fish Ottertail and is willing to educate us. Friend that hooked us up with the guy who fishes the tournaments lives on that lake and struggles to consistently catch fish there except in winter.

BP-B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Don't get me wrong. I know it can be a GREAT lake. I'm just saying I don't know it well and haven't really had the chance to fish it. It's awesome that you found such a person that knows it that well and you found weather that cooperated.

Last edited by Rooster7; 05/17/17.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I think it is a difficult lake to fish unless you really know it well. Lots of structure that does not show on many maps. I have fished it with my friend for over twenty years off and on and still do not know it. Glad we found the guy to help out.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7

we didn't even get a bite.

Hey, next time you get out...put some bait on your hook. laugh

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by rflshtr
I think it is a difficult lake to fish unless you really know it well. Lots of structure that does not show on many maps. I have fished it with my friend for over twenty years off and on and still do not know it. Glad we found the guy to help out.

The Chippewa Flowage is like that for me. It's my favorite lake to fish, period! Your chance at a 30" walleye, 6# smallie, 4# largemouth, and 45# musky are there with every cast. Not to mention the panfish for the fish fry. But as far as catching walleyes consistently, it's a tough cookie for me. A ton of guys can catch the all day, every day, no questions asked.

I can get you fish, and probably get your daily limit, but man it's not as fast as some guys on that lake. I think I'll have a great day out there and and someone will say "oh hell we had that by 7am. We had 34 fish today." Part of the fun for me though is the "hunt" and figuring them out.

Girzzly Bill and I fished it together a few times when I had a camper out there. We had a blast chasing crappies and walleyes. His eyes got as big as saucers in one particular warm by when a 40+" musky chased his crappie up to the boat. smile

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Rooster7

we didn't even get a bite.

Hey, next time you get out...put some bait on your hook. laugh

Hook? confused

grin

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Great fishing story: Buddy went out on the lake on Saturday morning and caught some eater walleyes. Of course the big one (25" or bigger according to him!) broke the line at the side of the boat. Tuesday night, my daughter and I decided to cast off the dock a few times. My daughter catches a nice walleye and when I pick it out of the net....it has his lure in its mouth! It had swam across the lake (not really that far.....4-500 yards?) in those 4 days. Oh, but the story gets better. How long is it? 19"!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
smile

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Tomorrow is our "opener" !!!!!

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I haven't had a broken line in 15 years since I started using Fireline. I think you could pull a car with it.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Fireline is the s hit!

Back when, Waylon talked me into switching to a new mono that came out. He was a dang good fisherman so I thought I would give it a whirl. I could not get used to the stretch after using Fireline so I switched back.

And yes. I think you could pull a truck out of the ditch with it. lol

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Berettaman
Great fishing story: Buddy went out on the lake on Saturday morning and caught some eater walleyes. Of course the big one (25" or bigger according to him!) broke the line at the side of the boat. Tuesday night, my daughter and I decided to cast off the dock a few times. My daughter catches a nice walleye and when I pick it out of the net....it has his lure in its mouth! It had swam across the lake (not really that far.....4-500 yards?) in those 4 days. Oh, but the story gets better. How long is it? 19"!

You didn't razz him much now did ya Dean? smile

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Wellllllllll, maybe we did mention that anytime he mentions a number, we are going to multiply by 19/25!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just call me Firecrotch guys. My radiation treatment for prostate cancer starts Monday. 5 days a week for two months. Oh the fun I'll be having. So if you want to microwave your lunch, just have me sit on it for a couple minutes and it should be nice and warm.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Gophergunner if there is anything you need a ride, or cut the lawn, stuff like that. Just let me know I'm 10 minutes away. You have my number. You will be in our prayers.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Hell, bring your lunch and lawnmower. Gopher will tbag your turkey n cheese sammich and it will grill when you're finished with da lawn. laugh

Last edited by tzone; 05/21/17.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Yeah after i wrote that. I got to the thinken that. That this could back fire on old Noduck. Random projects all of a sudden spring up. Lol.

Tbag sammy think ill pass on that one. But almost spit out my Coors, after reading that one liner.

Good one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks NoDuck, but we'll be fine. I couldn't impose on my friends like that. We're in pretty good shape around here. I've been trying to get everything done that I can before Monday. Tomorrow's list includes a rewire job on the lights on my boat, and getting up on the roof to clean out the gutters. We're checking out a new church tomorrow too. That's enough for one day, but if it's nice out, I'm heading up to the Nort End to watch TZone's boy Jackson lay waster to another opposing baseball team. Jack's a cool kid. Tom's raising him right. Two nicer men you'd never want to meet.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Jack passed his ATV safety class in the pouring rain yesterday. He studied so much I think he could have taught the class. laugh

Speaking of trailers, jack and I re-wired and put new lights on the ATV trailer Friday night. Yep, plugged it in, none worked. Touched a marker light with my foot and it popped on. Started cleaning up, but left the truck running because it was getting dark and another popped on. Pretty soon they were all working but one marker light. Lmao. Stupid trailers!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It was too cold, wet and miserable to do anything outside today, so spent the entire day rewiring the running lights on my new/used boat. The dashboard is pretty rotted out. It'll get by this year, but will definitely be a project for next year, depending on my health. The radiation treatments start tomorrow morning. I pretty much got everything done around here I wanted to before starting the treatments. Has anyone gone through radiation treatments, and if so, how did you feel when going through them? I'm hoping I'll be able to work through this. I can't stand missing work, and hate the thought of someone coming in to run my shop. 'Just got through inventory. We had the best inventory to date for any shops in the Twin Cities, so that was good. I"m glad it got done before starting treatment.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Page 1,662 of 1,842 1 2 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
686 members (12344mag, 160user, 12308300, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 71 invisible), 2,666 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,615
Posts18,398,454
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.