Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
"We held our second major regional championship this past weekend. East Texas regional - Carthage, Texas

Madison Butler was firing in her first major match since earning the Distinguished Riflemans Badge in March while still shooting irons. She shot High Master scores all weekend with a loaner MTR5 March SR scope and with her 2nd Shilen 8T Ratchet barrel. On Sunday, in the LEG match, she fired the highest score of all competitors (54 participants) - 50 shot match, no sighting shots - 500 point maximum score: she scored 498 - 22x. She won this match shooting against the best in Texas and Oklahoma."

Madison's record-setting accomplishment is nothing short of phenomenal. I researched the CMP top scores fired in LEG matches from 2004 to date, only 3 scores were posted at 498, and none were fired by a Junior shooter. One was fired by a military shooter and the other by a top shooter from CA. Definitely the score is the highest ever fired in Texas. Our top TSRA Gold Team members who set National records last year at Camp Perry, their individual highest scores posted in LEG matches over the same period were 495s.

We should win the Freedom's Fire National doubles championship with Madison and Samantha Holt. We have a 70% chance of winning the 6 man National Trophy Team Match, and an 80% chance of winning the 6 man National Infantry Trophy Championship - if we don't mess it up.
But we're training hard with 8 practice days committed in June at Camp Swift in Bastrop.

Thanks for all you do for our team. Love those Shilen barrels.

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Thats heck of shooting for sure!

That range is dear to my heart, its the one where I fired a 495 in a leg with irons many years ago.....

As to odds of winning, what fool ever would post percentages....but then again i'm realistic, and know odds mean almost nothing in match shooting.

Congrats Madison!!! Thats impressive as heck!

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I was there. She is a class act, very mature for her age. Her mother was at the match all three days supporting her. There are some very good Junior programs in Texas.

There was a 798 shot on Saturday. He dropped 1 point standing (I heard on his first shot) and one point at 600. That is also impressive.

The match was extremely well run.

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
very impressive, i little boy is interested in bow and shooting i hope he can become quite a shooter like this.

B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by rost495

That range is dear to my heart, its the one where I fired a 495 in a leg with irons many years ago.....

As to odds of winning, what fool ever would post percentages....but then again i'm realistic, and know odds mean almost nothing in match shooting.

Jeff

Jeff, I just copied and pasted a couple folk's comments. You know them well.

IC B2

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
wow, what an accomplishment...she must have been working hard for this, let aside that is is talented.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

Jeff

Jeff,

Were you shooting an M1A or an AR-15?

Talked to a couple of guys that know you, they did not say too many bad things.

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
i wish i could have been a pro shooter.

B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by goldroger
i wish i could have been a pro shooter.

A pro shooter?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Mike70560

Jeff

Jeff,

Were you shooting an M1A or an AR-15?

Talked to a couple of guys that know you, they did not say too many bad things.

AR15. Couple of dumb shots standing. Dropped one at 300 rapid and one at 600. All shots were totally my fault.

Not to many bad things. LOL. Who did you talk to. I don't even know who is around anymore. Gary Shannon? I know Rick Crawford died. Richard Schultz?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Rick died way to young. He would shoot at Fort Polk in the late 90s. Good shooter good guy.

One of the guys is Glenn Edgard. He said it has been years since he saw you. I have known Glenn for years from shooting at Beaumont back in the day.

After a 15 year hiatus my return has been interesting. The only thing consistent has been my general inconstancy and poor offhand shooting. I will clean one rapid string then drop 10 the next one. Slowly working things out. I have been dry firing offhand every day on a 100 yard target from 135 yards away. Moved up to 100 today and it looked huge. Dry firing my wobble is in the black.

Anyway, it has been a lot of fun. There are some really great shooters in Texas. The 798 shot in the regional was damn impressive.

I plan to shoot XTC at Camp Atterbury and then head to Perry for the first time since 2001.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Have not shot since 2004 IIRC. Or 2005 when Dad was dying. Have been happily going to AK every fall to play since then and enjoying life, trying to get it all together to move to AK for most part of the years in about 4 years. No time for competition.

Sure would like the last 10 points of my pistol leg, but then having only shot 3 matches it might be to much to ask.

Always wanted to shoot lots more 1000 with the service rifle, but that will never happen now, but I"m very happy where I"m at.

I get emails from Glenn RE Bayou all the time. Was trying to get email info on where to send cards for Clint Greenwood at the time, never got a reply.

Won a state leg match the only time I shot at Polk but I did enjoy that match. Unfortunately my barrel was dying and my score was nothing to write home about.

Good luck!

Jeff

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 204guy, 160user, 73 invisible), 2,423 guests, and 1,157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,116
Posts18,464,543
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.