Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
F
ftbt Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
... why not .... if it was good enough for Lois Lerner .... Let the government prove their case: Put Up or Shut Up. See:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-05-22/michael-flynn-plead-fifth-will-decline-senate-subpoena

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Flynn probably has serious legal issues from his lobbying activity before he joined Trump's campaign. He'd best lawyer up and plead the 5th consistently.

Nothing to do with Trump, unless somebody on Trump's team tried to help cover it up (still not Trump himself).

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Has Flynn be charged with anything illegal by any legal authorities? Has it been reported even even by anonymous sources that he's actually done something wrong or is he just unpopular with the MSM?

Please forgive the basic nature of my questions, I haven't followed this very closely.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
They want to find something they can charge Flynn with. Then, they put pressure on him to implicate Trump in it or in Russian collusion in exchange for prison.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by jaguartx
They want to find something they can charge Flynn with. Then, they put pressure on him to implicate Trump in it or in Russian collusion in exchange for prison.

They have plenty on Flynn. Regardless, you can't read anything into him taking the fifth. He can only lose at this point. Every word he says or document he produces will be used against him.

No lawyer would let him testify under oath or produce the documents they've asked for.

Unless they give him immunity we will never hear Flynn's voice again.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pleading the 5th doesn't make him guilty, it protects him from prosecution of statements that could implicate himself...he could get linked to crimes he didn't have involvement in, best keep quiet till court starts.

I'd have done the same thing, his loyalty should be to his feedom right now.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by horse1
Has Flynn be charged with anything illegal by any legal authorities? Has it been reported even even by anonymous sources that he's actually done something wrong or is he just unpopular with the MSM?

Please forgive the basic nature of my questions, I haven't followed this very closely.

He's not been charged as far as I know, but everybody pretty much agrees that he's under investigation. The gist of it appears to be that he worked as a lobbyist for Turkey prior to Trump winning, and that he never registered as a foreign lobbyist. Apparently he was notified in November of last year that he was under investigation by the DOJ.

The key is that he's under investigation for activities prior nominated by Trump, and he may not have ever notified anybody in the Trump campaign about those activities. Or maybe he did. That question is my take on where the independent counsel will be spending most of his time.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Smart move!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Calhoun

He's not been charged as far as I know, but everybody pretty much agrees that he's under investigation. The gist of it appears to be that he worked as a lobbyist for Turkey prior to Trump winning, and that he never registered as a foreign lobbyist. Apparently he was notified in November of last year that he was under investigation by the DOJ.

The key is that he's under investigation for activities prior nominated by Trump, and he may not have ever notified anybody in the Trump campaign about those activities. Or maybe he did. That question is my take on where the independent counsel will be spending most of his time.

I still struggle to understand why his security clearance was left 'intact' by the last administration????

FJB & FJT
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by Calhoun

I still struggle to understand why his security clearance was left 'intact' by the last administration????

It was done intentionally would be my best guess . They knew he was joining Trump so they had a card in that game.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Guilty until proven innocent - the democrats way.

Last edited by centershot; 05/22/17.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think I heard somewhere that Flynn had IRS problems. Failed to report income from foreign speeches. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I heard that he would have to reapply for his security clearance, and that it doesn't "follow" you from job/job or position/position...He was fired from his previous position, and supposedly his obligation the reapply thru applications.

So whether he was fired, or his security clearance left "intact"...he still had a legal obligation to reapply, supposedly a very well known procedure by those in WH/security/military positions.

Time will tell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Heck, for all I know the Obama administration made up everything and the DOJ/FBI under Lynch was pushing just to embarass Trump.

It's not like that would surprise anybody.

But thinking that he'll get nailed for something stupid, but that doesn't reflect on Trump's team.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think the real issue is: If the WH knew he was under investigation, and yet gave him the National Security Adviser position(arguably the second most powerful man)...without a thorough colon test, that could be a problem.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Everything that I have heard and seen has said that his security clearance was still intact[granted from previous admin].

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
To me, Trump keeping anybody from the Obama administration was a bummer. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Raeford
Everything that I have heard and seen has said that his security clearance was still intact[granted from previous admin].

The lawyers discussing it said: there is no intact, or running security clearance...it must be reapplied for with new positions or a lapse in employment at a given position of power/authority/intelligence.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
If he is a smart fellow he did the right thing.

Anyone under the same pressure should as well.

If not they are a fool.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
elijah cummings is on the case. he'll get to the bottom of things. right after he downs his 3rd bronto burger.

My diploma is a DD214
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (12344mag, 11point, 160user, 10gaugemag, 219DW, 06hunter59, 56 invisible), 2,974 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,352
Posts18,468,878
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.