Hop To
#12043450 05/20/17
J
Joe Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Tell me about the quality of these rifles.

Shew me thy ways, O LORD: teach me thy paths.
"there are few better cartridges on Earth than the 7 x 57mm Mauser"
"the .30 Springfield is light, accurate, penetrating, and has surprising stopping power"
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I had a chance to buy one of these one time.... It was wonderfully made..bolt felt like it was on ball bearings. For me it was to nice to use and pretty heavy..and in a calibure I really didn't want....probably should have as the price was right...

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
High quality Germanic build. Nice rifles.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Joe,

It's the platform used to make Klienguenther rifles. They are really nice. I bought one in 1977 when they guaranteed three shot 1/2" groups. Mine did and still does. smile

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
z1r Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That's like asking, "tell me about Remington rifles?" They made a lot of different models. The earlier sporting rifles were made off converted 98's, then commercial 98's, then an action like the Klienguenther. And probably others. I found that their quality typically improved throughout the years.

I still have two of the Voere 98 conversions. Real nice sporting rifles.

IC B2

J
Joe Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by z1r
That's like asking, "tell me about Remington rifles?" They made a lot of different models. The earlier sporting rifles were made off converted 98's, then commercial 98's, then an action like the Klienguenther. And probably others. I found that their quality typically improved throughout the years.

I still have two of the Voere 98 conversions. Real nice sporting rifles.

A friend told me of one for sale and said it was on a military '98 action. Being unfamiliar with them, I didn't know if it was a kitchen table conversion or a nicely built sporter. Are they as heavy as a CZ 550?

Shew me thy ways, O LORD: teach me thy paths.
"there are few better cartridges on Earth than the 7 x 57mm Mauser"
"the .30 Springfield is light, accurate, penetrating, and has surprising stopping power"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The 98 conversions are, well, 98 conversions. Some of the 22s are entry level, some are terrific. The Voere made rifles, especially the Titans and similar, are extremely well made.

z1r Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Joe

A friend told me of one for sale and said it was on a military '98 action. Being unfamiliar with them, I didn't know if it was a kitchen table conversion or a nicely built sporter. Are they as heavy as a CZ 550?

No, they are light and trim. Watch that the rear bridge only has two holes in it. Some, were drilled & tapped for 3 holes so a 1 piece base could be used. I don't care for more than 2 holes. The ones that came with a tang safety are somewhat prone to stock breakage. be sure to inspect the wrist behind the tang and if in good shape, take it home and glass bed it properly.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Are these the same action as a Parker Hale, BSA, and Herters rifles?

If it looks good, you'll see it
If it sounds good, you'll hear it
If it's marketed right, you'll buy it
But...If it's real, you'll feel it
Kid Rock
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have a Voere Cougar a quality 98 conversion and a Voere Shikar in 06, a very nice rifle with a fluted 3 lug bolt med light barrel and a Weatherby like Monte Carlo stock. Very accurate rifle.l

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There was two Voere rifle makers. One in Germany and the other Austria. The German made the Shikar ( k14 ) and titian 2 ( k15 or Mauser 99 ). The Other made rifles on the 98. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
The Kleinguenthers are really nice rifles. Accurate!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bearschlayerx2

Bearschlayerx2;
Good afternoon, I hope the weekend has been treating you well thus far.

I've worked on one Voere rifle a couple times - this one made from a 98 military action. I want to say it was polished to the point I couldn't ascertain the maker and had been remarked by the gunmaker when they'd rebarreled it. This one was chambered in 7mm Rem Mag and while they'd opened up the bolt face for the larger diameter case, they'd left the extractor untouched and the owner told me that it never had fed cartridges properly in the 40 years his late father owned it. The trigger was a bit different than I'd seen anywhere else too - not necessarily bad, just different. I've seen others for sale at gun shows and as far as I recall they were all 98 actions with a thumb slot cutout - so military type.

The Parker Hale rifles that I've worked on were all Spanish made Santa Barbara 98 commercial type actions. They're not as well thought of as say an FN commercial action is up here and I would say that the FN made one is typically a bit nicer finished, but I've never heard of any major issues with the Santa Barbara actions. The Parker Hale trigger on the other hand has a pot metal housing that was prone to breaking so I'd never buy a Parker Hale without pulling it from the stock to see if the trigger needs replacing.

Though I'm going off of admittedly foggy memory, all of the BSA actions I saw or read about were made in England - not exactly a Mauser but Mauser inspired for sure. We saw a few way back when and less now so I can't comment more. The Herter U9 action was made by BSA according to Frank De Haas - though it was a bit different in length than the BSA offerings I think.

The J9 action which Herter brought in - again according to Mr. De Haas - was a Yugoslavian built commercial Mauser so I'm thinking it was the same as or substantially similar to the Mark X line that they made.

Hopefully that was useful information for you or someone out there in the ether space tonight. All the best to you as we head into summer.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would love to find one in a 9.3x64.

Arcus Venator
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I know Herters sold BSA actioned rifles and Parker Hale sold so many different rifles under their name that it's entirely possible that they did too.

I've never seen nor heard of a Voere that used a BSA action. The Titan certainly doesn't.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by natman

I know Herters sold BSA actioned rifles and Parker Hale sold so many different rifles under their name that it's entirely possible that they did too.

I've never seen nor heard of a Voere that used a BSA action. The Titan certainly doesn't.

A local fellow here that I tend to believe had a Voere made on a Brno ZG47 action, he was very impressed with the rifle...then promptly sold it before he actually woke up to what he really had in his hands.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Only one I ever saw was a M 98 action. Can't go wrong with that.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Love mine so much that I decided to upgrade her optics.

Voere Titan II made Germany 7mm RemMagnum.

The first day on the range 162 Hornady Interlock BT at 3070 FPS and .65"! Love the double set trigger

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image][/quote]

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (160user, 12344mag, 16penny, 007FJ, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 50 invisible), 2,214 guests, and 1,139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,604
Posts18,454,831
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.