Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
G46 Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
I've bought a boat load from SPS over the past couple of years. Honestly can't see the 'blemish' on any of them. Just be aware that it's sporadic as to what is available on any given day. You'll need to keep checking on a regular basis and when your desired bullet hits the market buy fast & buy a bunch ! (flat rate shipping, no matter if you order 50, or 5000, it's $12.99 without a free shipcode) It may be a long time before they come back for sale.

"Be polite, be professional, and have a plan to kill everyone you meet." Gen. James Mathis, USMC
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Blemished bullets was just another excuse for hoarding.... especially the 160 pounds of 350 gr soft point .458 Hornady.... I have not shot one bullet yet.

Well, they certainly make hoarding more affordable!

Actually, you kinda have a point. Visiting SPS at random, rather than with something specific in mind, is a risky pursuit. It's eay to get carried away with all the bargains. On the other hand, now I probably have enough good rifle bullets to last out my shooting career, if not all I want to try. Future purchases will be a lot more targeted (no pun intended, but a good one). Without the bargains from SPS, I'd have to sweat out the next crisis with everyone else.

BTW, that coupon code saved me $25 on a couple hundred Accubonds, $50 or more over "firsts" from other places. You have to create an account for it to work.

What fresh Hell is this?
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Angus1895
I have found the biggest blemish in the blemished runs are they do not have a uniform weight consistency . So I weigh them and group them in clusters of similar weights.

This and variable ogive shapes, hence seating and OAL.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Heck! I've 1st Barnes with that problem.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I use them with good results..

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I tried them but was deterred by their web site. Maybe it's related to using my I pad but after 5-6 tries with the code showing invalid , it finally indicated I had to have an account to use the code. So off to the set up a new account page. 3 tries and no account. A phone call gets you a answering machine and they will call you back. The call back came3 hrs latter and they let it ring 2x and hung up before I could get the phone .I finally called and got a lady that indicated she would need to transfer me to a sales rep.i got transferred to the answering machine again. At that point I figured it wasn't worth it if they were giving them away. I was just wanting to buy a couple of bags so no big deal but in reality unless you buy a bunch the $14 s&h without the discount code really diminishes the "bargain" on just a bag or two. I do question the marketing expertise demonstrated there. It would definitely be advisable to them to have a come to Jesus with the IT and Marketing/ sales VPs as they apparently have their head up their collective as-es. Sort of tainted my overall opinion of their whole company and product.

Last edited by bangeye; 05/22/17.
G
G
I use blemished 210 grain Partitions in my 338-06 Ackley. Accuracy is excellent over a stiff charge of RE-17 and I've taken a bull moose and 14-point white tail with them todate. Two head with three shots. The moose was hit twice. The second shot wasn't required but didn't want to take the chance that he would make it into a thick creek bottom.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Welcome to the Campfire. Good first post :-) I have loaded and shot more Nosler "blems" than anything else in my inventory. Always pleased with the performance on targets and game.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

618 members (160user, 10Glocks, 204guy, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 1Longbow, 68 invisible), 2,065 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,261
Posts18,448,186
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.