Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
You never know who is on the other end of the email, for good or bad.

I replied about a motorcycle lift for a cheap price a year or two back. I was put off initially by the texts I got about it, but tried to be patient and follow through on my end. It turned out a guy had died and his young oriental widow (who worked crazy hours) was selling off his stuff. It was only 2 blocks away from my house! Everything was 100% legit and I got a deal that time.

You never know though....

We all know advertising works, we just don’t think it works on US!
GB1

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[quote=gwrench]...am interested in this posting.../quote]

This would have sent the reply directly to the trash bin.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Have never used CL. However, like some of the ingenious replies... Tag for future reference... grin

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
"Cash only upon pickup" shuts them down every time.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I love to delete the stupid fug's that have 15, 5$ articles and list them all separate taking up the whole page stupid bastads get the hint after about the third time!!!!!!!!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I do not sell things, I give them away or throw them away.... except for a car we got for the kids to commute to school. I sold it on Craig's list.

An extended family of blacks showed up with multiple cars in my dark driveway and moved as fast as cats.

I felt like a blind old man in slow motion watching money being counted on top of my garbage can.

The buyer was a guard for the University of Washington basketball team.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Luckily Craigslist ain't an option around here.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I tried to sell a truck on CL a couple years ago. I won't try selling a vehicle on there again.

That experience ranged from hilarious to terrifying.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
If you got some time to kill....
Don't even reply

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Steelhead
yes it is in Tennessee, bought several pieces of farm equipment on CL there.

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by blanket
Originally Posted by Steelhead
yes it is in Tennessee, bought several pieces of farm equipment on CL there.

Sure, but the nearest city listed is 90 minutes away, with a handful of posts from a town 20 miles away.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
and 2 hours away from the cities is where I have bought stuff, normal people not the ones from crack whore hollow

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Compelling

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
CL is not what it use to be.

Ten years ago it was a decent place to do business....both buying and selling. Any more it's just for entertainment....and even that isn't what it use to be.
"Rants and Raves" use to be funny....

T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
The "Buyer" wanted my paypal account. Asked me to make a new account if need be.

And has since dropped off the scene. I was going to see about making a paypal account just to see how these guys make dummy transactions work and what this guy's angle was going to be.

He hadn't shown that card yet. I don't know if he was going to pay me the shipping charge and ask me to forward a check or money order to the "shipping company". Or if he was going to overpay me and ask me to wire the overage to an account somewhere.

I tried texting him to see if he still wanted it. Told him a lady just left that wanted to buy it. Was he still interested. No response so far.

Montana MOFO
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i put a camper and an antique stove on CL at the same time.
got a reply on both that was exactly the same wording " hi is this posting still available? if is i will purchase. i will give you 70 $ over your asking, what was the price.
my transport people will bring you money and you can pay them with the extra i send with check. what bank used? i will send check from that bank."
gave me a head ache reading it. i emailed back asking for a phone number and stating CASH only! never heard from them again.
the whole inquiry smelled from the git go.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Guess I must have experienced the exception to the rule. I'd never used CL until a few years ago when we first moved down here. We bought a house here, kept our home up north and left the furnishings in it. We furnished the house down here from Craig's List. We got a lot of really nice furniture for real bargain prices, had no problems with anyone. When we bought another house down here and sold the one up north we had too much stuff, had to get rid of some, back to CL. Quick, easy, no problems.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Learn to accept and respect people for who they are.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by 22WRF
Learn to accept and respect people for who they are.

Why?

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I used to buy and sell on CL but tend to avoid it now. We were looking for a used mower recently and very few were listed on CL. Facebook, on the other hand, had dozens in our area.

Tried to buy a Camaro for my son's first car and the owner wanted me to give him a check so he could take it to his bank to pay it off and get the title. I told him that I would accompany him to the bank and would pay them myself. He then stopped answering my calls. A while later, I seen it posted again but from a different seller. Turns out the original seller had a mechanic's lien against the title that the second owner had to pay off to get it registered... after adding a Magnaflow exhaust and some paint work. We ended up buying it from the second owner.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (1234, 1minute, 10ring1, 160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 67 invisible), 2,167 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,103
Posts18,464,194
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.