Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Whataburger for a fast food burger. Never had a bad one.

GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Going back a way's, well a long way's, best burger I've probably ever bought was off the over size food wagons stationed around the old Hugh's Aircraft plant up in El Segundo when I was moving machinery for them.

Was what they would call a Texas Burger, an extra large onion roll sesame seed bun, two half pound patties, pepper-jack cheese, topped off with thick slices of pastrami... from there you could add what ever you liked, with me lettuce, tomato, onion and jalapeno peppers. They had great fry's also.

Place was so large that the trucks hardly ever moved, would be two or three trucks at one location and they had two or three locations around the plant. They'd stay 3 or 4 hours in the morning, go replenish and be back for 3 or 4 hours at lunch, plant never closed and was pretty much the same at night.

Phil

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Miller's Bar Dearborn, Michigan. Served on a piece of wax paper. Outstanding.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From childhood

[Linked Image]

Since I have no desire to return to California, I'd say Tommy's burger stop in Anchorage makes a kick azz burger.

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Ray's Kingburger

FJB & FJT
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
LotaBurger in NM.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Whataburger!

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by rost495
We only have sonic, DQ and Whataburger. Of those I prefer the Whataburger.

But we usually go to other places for burgers that are not chain.. WB used to be really good 35 years ago, its not so great anymore but works if we have to stop along the way out of town also...

For chain burgers, those are the three I go with in order of preference: Whataburger, DQ and Sonic. But I don't stop at a DQ unless it's in a small town. They seem to be better. Someone mentioned Fuddruckers which are pretty good, but not a drive thru though. If you're ever in Longview, Tyler or Marshall, TX, try Jucys Handburgers. Great burgers and complementary beans while you wait.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Princess drive in downtown Houston

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Looking at those can stir up an appetite!

Originally Posted by 458 Lott
From childhood

[Linked Image]

Since I have no desire to return to California, I'd say Tommy's burger stop in Anchorage makes a kick azz burger.

[Linked Image]

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by hanco
Princess drive in downtown Houston

Another great burger in Houston: Bellaire Broiler Burger

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Whataburger's Mexi-Melt or most anything from a Carl's Jr./Hardee's are my favorites. Jack-In-The-Box also has good stuff. Just cannot get excited about McDonald's or Burger King anymore. Not bad, but just not particularly appealing. I will eat Wendy's, but only if real hungry and no other choice. In the Southeast, I used to really like Krystal, but for the last couple of years not so much. Not real sure if it is they that changed or my taste changed. Probably a bit of both.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Carl's Jr...never had there burger but genius commercials!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
For fast-food, I like Wendy's and Sonic. I can gag down Burger King if I have to, I guess.

My own burgers, half/half lean ground beef and Tennessee Pride hot sausage, grilled, makes those pretty tasteless and common, though. I use Lawry's Seasoning Salt and some black pepper on it. Put on some southwest style mustard from WallyWorld, and green-leaf lettuce and tomato.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Bout time to get the grill out and ready with all this talk, haven't BBQ'd in a long time. Absolutely nothing like a burger grilled over charcoals and hickory! Be Texas Burgers for me and Puppy Burgers for all the dogs, same thing just different names...

Phil

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
When I'm in NM I like What a Burger. There isn't one here, I like 5 guys pretty well.

When I'm in NM its the Owl Bar and Grill for green chili cheeseburgers. laugh

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Prwlr
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
When I'm in NM I like What a Burger. There isn't one here, I like 5 guys pretty well.

When I'm in NM its the Owl Bar and Grill for green chili cheeseburgers. laugh

Another vote for the Owl Bar here. Good food. The Owl Bar is an original.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Culvers

This ^^^^^^

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
From childhood

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I had a Nations burger in my home town a couple of months ago when I visited my Father. It was still damn good.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mine.
When I start cooking burgers, the neighbors grab plates and come running. (I got witnesses wink )
Between the size and the taste, no one walks away unhappy.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 10gaugeman, 58 invisible), 2,082 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,076
Posts18,463,825
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.