Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
hatari Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger

We've been enjoying last years elk on grill emensely in hamberger form. Had the butcher add 15% beef fat to it. These rock. Got me thinking, what will be my go to burger when the freezer empties out?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Everyone has a favorite fast food burger, and while some hate them, we all need a burger on the run now and then. I guess my go to is Wendy's on the run. Not even close to homecooked, but it'll do. What's your go to franchise burger. when you are out and about?

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Krystal...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
from Central MS,

Wards.

Chain - 5 guys

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Good Times is tops around these parts.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
In-N-Out but I have to drive to Dallas to find one.

Here in OK it would be Goldie's or Johnny's.

The burgers at Bulfalo Wild Wings are pretty darn good, too.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Culvers. Had one yesterday. Not bad for a fast food joint. My Favorite, though comes off my Char-Broil Grill. One pound Ground Venison and 1/2 lb 15-20& Ground Chuck. Mix together with a little liquid smoke and use Montreal Steak seasoning instead of salt or pepper.

Better to be over the hill than under it.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Hatari, Run up to Eastern Kentucky and shoot another Elk. Have the whole thing except the backstraps and loins made into burger meat. If you have a butcher do it, you know what to do.

Better to be over the hill than under it.
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Rib eye fat mixed with ground deer, here.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Most of the greasy spoons around here beat chain burger joints. Most of the chains are okay if the right people are working-meaning they cook it according to their instructions and the thing hasn't been setting under the warmer too long. The ones right around here are more dependent on the above than the brand.

Gotta drive to Tulsa to get a Whataburger. They're the best chain.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't know if they're a national chain or not, but I really like Fuddrucker's.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gophergunner
I don't know if they're a national chain or not, but I really like Fuddrucker's.
I'm pretty sure they are a national chain. They're around the Kansas City area. I've never set foot in one because the name is a turn-off. About like a local chain, "Buzzard's Pizza".

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I haven't had a chain burger in so long I couldn't respond to that part of the question. We are very fortunate here in that there are at least five places in town that have outstanding burgers. The boys tell me, however, that the ones they get right here at home beat all...I blend half and half 15% fat ground chuck and 10% fat ground round, secret blend of spices (garlic powder, onion powder, ground coriander and black pepper) and cook to medium rare over charcoal.

Mathew 22: 37-39

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Freddy's for a fast food burger.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
hatari Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hogwild7

You must have a secret that I have never found. I am yet to have ground Whitetail come out tasty. I've tried a half dozen combos and finally gave up.

Jorge - if you feed me Krystal...this weekend and it's not 2 am after draining the MacCallan's,the groundhog under the barn isn't going to be the only endangered species! smile

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Survived on those during flight training. Love them. We have elk burgers on the menu for Friday night (I think) with VP's recipe. You won't be disappointed.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by Hogwild7

You must have a secret that I have never found. I am yet to have ground Whitetail come out tasty. I've tried a half dozen combos and finally gave up.

Jorge - if you feed me Krystal...this weekend and it's not 2 am after draining the MacCallan's,the groundhog under the barn isn't going to be the only endangered species! smile

THe local processor makes ground bacon cheesburger deer. Pretty god stuff. Doesnt dry out too bad

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
I prefer my own Axis burgers but for a fast food burger I like a fast and cheap Whataburger!

A true friend is someone who reaches for your
hand but touches your heart !!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For fast food, we like Smashburger and Hardees. The fact they use real ice cream in their malts/shakes and Heinz ketchup is a big factor.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Culvers

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
hatari Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
For a twist, does anybody have a spice recipe for burgers?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (22kHornet, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 41 invisible), 2,676 guests, and 1,097 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,287
Posts18,467,895
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.