Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by jwall
See What I Mean - S H ?

[Linked Image]

WTF does your prom picture have to do with shooting a rifle?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
BP-B6

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Google "Froggy's style", look at some of the groups he's shooting. Don't wrap you thumb over the stock and float your little finger. Position your thumb behind the safety-this keeps you from torquing the gun as you pull the trigger. Break the trigger using just the tip of your index finger-this will make the trigger weight seem much lighter (especially if you are used to putting a lot of your finger across your trigger). This method has really helped me and several of the shooters that I'm around. Your opinion may not be the same but you won't shoot better groups than he does.

Golden............
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by davidlea
Google "Froggy's style", look at some of the groups he's shooting. Don't wrap you thumb over the stock and float your little finger. Position your thumb behind the safety-this keeps you from torquing the gun as you pull the trigger. Break the trigger using just the tip of your index finger-this will make the trigger weight seem much lighter (especially if you are used to putting a lot of your finger across your trigger). This method has really helped me and several of the shooters that I'm around. Your opinion may not be the same but you won't shoot better groups than he does.

Several years back I stopped wrapping my thumb and like it better. Don't know if it's better or worse, but I prefer it now.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Google "Froggy's style",

All I got was Kama Sutra positions. Didn't help my shooting at all if your talking rifle shooting.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
With my light rifles I grip the fore end and with the heavier ones I don't. It's which way the rifle shoots best.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Tejano
Google "Froggy's style",

All I got was Kama Sutra positions. Didn't help my shooting at all if your talking rifle shooting.

I need your search engine grin grin grin

Golden............
J
jerry46 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
davidlea, I googled "Froggy's Style" and I got (new sex position). I swear !!! So I tried, "Shooting Froggy's Style", and I found it. However, I have not found anything addressing the grip yet. I am shooting an Anschutz .22 benchrest and the safety is on the left side. It would be difficult placing my thumb on the safety although I see where you are coming from. I will try that next time to the range.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
640 members (1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 257Bob, 74 invisible), 2,765 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,648
Posts18,399,130
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.