Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Why the hell would Trump waste his time with that commie prick?
Only good reason I can think of would be to tell him to GFY.

As far as I'm concerned any religious leader that injects themselves into politics should loose their tax exempt status.
And that isn't directed solely at the Catholic religion.

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The pope wields a tremendous amount of power. Nearly a billion people world wide consider him to be their leader. If he tells the people of some country how to vote, a majority of them will listen. Whether you agree with him or not (usually I don't), you can't ignore his influence.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Maybe....maybe not....but either way catering to the status quo isn't what got Trump elected.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The funny thing about many dumb catholics, if you ask them who is the head of the church, they will say the Pope.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

As far as I'm concerned any religious leader that injects themselves into politics should loose their tax exempt status.

Why did he waste his time on the Saudi inbreds?
Why did he waste his time on the Jews?

Just FYI ...the Pope does Not dictate to any Catholic on how to vote.
Get your Phuc king facts right...now GFY:)

It was Jerry "Mad Dog" Shriver (SFC E-7)who said:
"No, no, I've got them right where I want them -- surrounded from the inside."

http://www.macvsog.cc/1969.htm
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think they will get along grandly.
Both seek to help the common man, both are against globalization. I think Trump can make the Pope see how mass immigration hurts the common people on both sides.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
1 in 4 people are Catholic in the United States, which makes it the largest number in our country. Many of the Americas to the south are 75 percent Catholic

When you have a religious war being fought against you, it's a good thing to stay close to the NUMBER one religion in the Americas.

Ain't difficult to understand, unless you live under a rock.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Starman
The funny thing about many dumb catholics, if you ask them who is the head of the church, they will say the Pope.

Catholics are dumb? [bleep] you, your mother and your whole family you piece of schitt. Who the [bleep] do you think you are? I'll send you my address come say that to my face and I'll feed you to the pigs you [bleep]

Long Live The Judge

Thinking of moving to Florida? Don't........
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Agree 100%!

And those whose titles start "The Reverend..." should pay double. grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The Pope isn't subject to the U.S. tax code. Something about living in Rome.

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Not very Christian of you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It is customary. I miss the German Pope.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Poor Trump, when the media is not after him, some here are.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by billy336

Catholics are dumb? [bleep] you, your mother and your whole family you piece of schitt. Who the [bleep] do you think you are? I'll send you my address come say that to my face and I'll feed you to the pigs you [bleep]
Does this count as bringing fambly into it? hawhawhaw

But sincerely, chill, because we all be friends here...you know, except Starfag, Stargay, Jello, Robjordon, and a couple hundred others.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by billy336

Billy336,this is the proper response for starman......

[Linked Image]

He's just a troll trying to get a reaction out of people.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I am Catholic and our church doesn't act or require that we vote any particular way.Other than a right to life ,it is never discussed . Our greatest gift is the gift of free will-and this is sermonized regularly It is not a bully pulpit at all folks

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Could it be because we're more concerned with what happens to you over eternity, not just the next election cycle?

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

As pointed out, the Pope isn't subject to U.S. tax laws so that's kind of a bs threat.

Beyond that we need to be really careful about allowing government to exert control over churches with the threat of withholding tax exempt status. As the saying goes, the power to tax is the power to destroy. The "separation of church and state" in the constitution is there for keeping government from interfering with the churches not the other way around. Churches need to be free to speak out about moral issues without fear of reprisal from government. We're already seeing calls from democratic politicians to go after churches tax exempt status when churches speak out against homosexual marriage and abortion. Much of the left's agenda is in direct contradiction with traditional Christian morality and I really don't want the next democratic administration to be able to shut down Christian opposition the next time some homo decides pedophilia should be legalized by taxing the church into oblivion.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Actually, there is no "separation of Church and state", as such, mentioned anywhere in the Constitution. This is a common misconception. However, it is written there shall be freedom of religion - not to be confused with freedom from religion - and that the government shall not establish a particular religion. The Constitution in no way states or implies a non-existence of God, just the prohibition of an official government sponsored particular religion. A reason for this was that some of the original colonies had specific established religions. Not sure about others, but Maryland was one that originally banned all non-Catholics from residing there. A branch of my family that were devout Presbyterians had to leave Maryland for North Carolina due to this.

Additionally, and this has nothing to do with the Constitution, when Texas was being settled as a state of Mexico, all colonists were required by the Mexican government to convert to the Catholic religion. With the advent of the Republic of Texas, this citizenship requirement was abolished.

Personally, I wish the founding fathers had made a statement in the Constitution such as to proclaim the free practicing of religion of individual choice, but also including a statement that this nation is founded on the principles of Judeo-Christain values. I can well understand how they would never have imagined such weirdness and perversion as we now see demanding "rights" and acceptance.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
636 members (1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 257Bob, 74 invisible), 2,759 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,648
Posts18,399,130
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.