Hop To
L
Luis Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Gentleman,

I have a Benjamin marauder 25 cal rifle that I had for about a year and half. When I first got this rifle I put a Center Point scope and zero it at 25 yards no problem a real tight group. So I put the rifle to the side, got the rifle out this weekend for some pest control and missed few shots. Well hell put a target to verify zero, and the shots were all over the place. Replace e scope with an old Leupold 3X9 same results, I then put another scope this scope is a vx2 6X18 with front AO same results. Any Idea as to what could be the problem? I was trying to zero @ 40 yds, if that makes any difference.

PS I’m not the greatest shooter but I can shoot decent.

Code Pink sucks

SUPPORT THE TROOPS
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Generally scopes aren't a problem on PCPs because there's no real recoil. Did you leave the "hammer" cocked for that year & a half? You might be getting an inconsistent valve strike if the spring took a set. Is the barrel contacting the barrel band? What pellets are you using? Lighter pellets don't do as well at longer ranges. I've had my best luck with JSB Exact Kings and Beeman Kodiak extra heavies. You could also be clipping one of the baffles in the barrel shroud. You can remove them and shoot it to see if it makes a difference.

My .25 Mrod will do this with the Kodiaks at around 90 yds without trying too hard.

[Linked Image]

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

L
Luis Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Tmitch,

Thanks for the information, I can not recall, is I stored the rifle with the hammer cocked. The barrel is not contacting the band. I'm using Benjaming domed pellets. How can check the valve strike?

Regards

Luis

Code Pink sucks

SUPPORT THE TROOPS
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Have you posted on the benjamain marauder airgun forum? There is a lot of knowledgeable folks on it. Good luck. Love my .2 marauder

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had a couple airguns that would lead up. Both were FX. After cleaned it would shoot well.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Luis, I have a couple of Marauders.

If I see accuracy fall off I usually clean the barrel. I use a nice tight cotton bore swab to clean it.

Don't use a bore brush because the rifling is shallow, like all air guns. Just run it through several times. I think you'll be surprised at just how dirty that bore swab will be with oil and lead residue.

Mine seem affected by seasonal changes, and PSI from charging tank as well. But, after a few sight in shots, it shoots well for many, many shots again.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
L
Luis Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Guys,

Thanks for the tips I will clean the barrel and give a try.

Code Pink sucks

SUPPORT THE TROOPS
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Not mentioned so I will ask . . .

Cylinder up to pressure?
O ring still on the probe?
crown not damaged?
Leaks on any of the seals?
Same pellets that you were using originally?
Barrel "rust free"?

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Luis
How can check the valve strike?

If you have access to a chronograph, check a string of shots to see if there's large variation between shots. There will be a gradual falling off of velocity, but there shouldn't be large (>20fps) jumps between shots.
I agree with what other posters have said to do/check. I'm no expert, I took from your original post that the gun hadn't been shot much and something changed during storage.
FWIW, I bought one of the fist .25 Marauders & I haven't done anything to it other than unbox it, scope it, fill it and send pellets (5K+) down range. I'm continually amazed at it's ability to drop a pellet right were it's intended. I probably should clean the bore, but haven't seen accuracy drop off yet.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I have 36 tins of pellets thur my snymod without ever cleaning the barrel, still shoots the same as the day I got it and that's excellent

IC B3

L
Luis Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Guys,

Thanks for the information,

Barrel is good and clean

Breech O ring is in place

Crown is good

Same pellets use as before, pullets had good accuracy.

Leaks in other seals ??? How ca I tell?

Regards

Code Pink sucks

SUPPORT THE TROOPS
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
O-ring in the bbl. shroud?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (1lessdog, 1minute, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 1lesfox, 57 invisible), 2,556 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,564
Posts18,453,755
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.