Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
badger Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
My wife and I arrived in the USA, still bright eyed and bushy tailed. Our 4 suitcases contained all of our worldly goods, including my mechanics tools, having sold our cars, motorcycle, furniture and household goods in South Africa. I came here to train BMW technicians at a dealership here in Atlanta on a 12 month contract. Well, after 3 months I pretty much knew that I wanted to make America my home and set the wheels in motion for my green card. BMW was apparently pleased with me too, because they went to bat for me in extending my work visa so I could continue training technicians. Fast forward 5 years and we had our resident alien status granted (and many thousands of dollars in legal costs etc), our first child was born a US citizen, and the second wasn't far behind. We became citizens in 2000, my oldest daughter is a USAF Vet, the youngest is married and we are grandparents. I have a successful business, and I count my blessings every day. Life has been good to me, and the opportunity to live a good life is because I live in this great country.
Thankful.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

GB1

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Glad you are here and and not there. I've read it's really bad there for white people.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
and many thousands of dollars in legal costs etc

yes , it costs a lot to do it legally , but its free illegally.

P.

Last edited by persiandog; 05/24/17.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
You have done very well indeed . We need more like you

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Thank you badger.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

badger Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Hard for me to fathom some people's disdain for this country. I suspect their upbringing coupled with the fact that they've simply not lived anywhere else, and don't realize how fortunate we are.............

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Plus one on the cost. Its enough to make one resentful, at least a little bit.

Glad you made it.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You know Badger, America came out ahead as well, when you and yours moved here. smile

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Welcome home brother, it is a good day.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glad to have you!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was fortunate. I was borne here. I had the opportunity during my early years to live many places around the world and had I been born anywhere else I would have done all in my power to get here. I congratulate you for your efforts and expense in getting your family here and the success you have made of your life. I am proud to call you and American. Tip of the hat to you Sir!

Bear

Life is what happens to you as you are making other plans.

NRA Patron Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Badger,

You're the kind of immigrant that made this country great in the 1st place & the kind that we need & welcome now.

Glad you came & that it worked out for you & the USA.

MM

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Badger
I arrive here about 24 years a head of you, but do under stand the reference to expense, now days it is much more expensive if you do it the right way.
Our whole family is in USA with us now. Welcome friend. I toured the country about 2 years before you left. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Congratulations Badger! When it's said that the US is a nation of immigrants, your story is a perfect example. Come here legally, contribute and assimilate, we're all the better for it. My family did it that way 140 years ago and I'm eternally grateful. By the way...I love my BMW!

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Congrats and glad you came and stayed!

FJB & FJT
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'm glad you're here. We need more Americans like you that WANT to be here!

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by badger
My wife and I arrived in the USA, still bright eyed and bushy tailed. Our 4 suitcases contained all of our worldly goods, including my mechanics tools, having sold our cars, motorcycle, furniture and household goods in South Africa. I came here to train BMW technicians at a dealership here in Atlanta on a 12 month contract. Well, after 3 months I pretty much knew that I wanted to make America my home and set the wheels in motion for my green card. BMW was apparently pleased with me too, because they went to bat for me in extending my work visa so I could continue training technicians. Fast forward 5 years and we had our resident alien status granted (and many thousands of dollars in legal costs etc), our first child was born a US citizen, and the second wasn't far behind. We became citizens in 2000, my oldest daughter is a USAF Vet, the youngest is married and we are grandparents. I have a successful business, and I count my blessings every day. Life has been good to me, and the opportunity to live a good life is because I live in this great country.
Thankful.

Anchor baby! wink

Glad to have you folks here. While we were at the NCAA diving championships in March, wife and I chatted quite a bit with a couple originally from SA. She is a pharmacist and and decline multiple recruiting offers.....until the night their daughter was almost kidnapped.

They appreciate the USA as well.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I for one truly appreciate naturalized citizens. They made a choice. They went to a lot of expense and effort. They swore an oath.
I am natural born. I had it easy. I too hold the Constitution in high regard, but not everyone does.

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by badger
Hard for me to fathom some people's disdain for this country. I suspect their upbringing coupled with the fact that they've simply not lived anywhere else, and don't realize how fortunate we are.............

When someone earns something, they learn the value of it. When something is given to someone, rarely do they understand the value of it, or even appreciate it.

Traveling does open up one's eyes as to how good we have it, and baffles me as to why people would want to throw that away.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hatari
Glad to have you!

AMEN!

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

717 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1234, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 73 invisible), 3,234 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,269
Posts18,467,316
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.