Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Custom GAP Non-Typical 300 WSM

GA Precision Non-Typical 300 WSM that was built and customized by Moon at GAP and weighs 7.5 pounds. Their website will give lots of detail but it includes:

Custom GAP Templar® Hunter action
Solid one piece bolt, made from billet
M-16 type extractor
25 inch Bartlein Stainless 5R barrel - #3 contour
Trigger tuned to 2.5 lbs.
One front stud and one rear stud installed
Pachmayr decelerator pad
Custom 1913 Rail 15 MOA Cant
Left Side G.A. Precision Bolt Stop/Release installed
Oversized bolt knob installed
One 5 round magazine (This is marked 308 but was converted by GAP to 300 WSM)
Rifle metal is finished in CeraKote matte black (but I spray painted it with Krylon paint that comes off with gun cleaning solvent)

Extras on this rifle are:
Upgrade Badger Ordnance M5 DBM Trigger-guard for $225
Barrel fluting for $155
One new 5 round magazine and two new 10 round magazines marked 300 WSM for $210
Fully bedded stock in camo pattern with black webbing and cheekpiece. (Believe it may be a McMillan custom painted stock that is $500 extra per a few people)

Staring price to build one is $3000 and this one has over $1000 in extras so this would cost you an easy $4000 to build like this. The lead-time for the Non-Typical is 6 months in standard configuration so this one would take event longer.

I bought this slightly used and fired 180 rounds down the tube. The guy before me fired even less so this has had less than 300 rounds through it. It shoots all factory ammo I tried at less than 1 inch, and most at a ½ inch or less. Will sell for $2600 and that includes shipping. I can take a check or a MO. Your FFL must be willing to accept from a private person. Email with any questions or comments and thanks for looking.

Jerry

[Linked Image]

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Bump for a nice rig.

Golden............
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by jgraham1
Rifle metal is finished in CeraKote matte black (but I spray painted it with Krylon paint that comes off with gun cleaning solvent)

Looks like a great set-up and very reasonable asking price. I have to ask, why did you spray paint over the matte black Cerakote with Krylon?

Free bump.

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by USMC2602

Looks like a great set-up and very reasonable asking price. I have to ask, why did you spray paint over the matte black Cerakote with Krylon?

Free bump.

I had this while I lived in Alaska. Any little protection is helpful. It scrapes off rather easy while walking though the brush of Southeast Alaska, but gives a little protection. As it rains up to 13 feet a year, you want all the protection you can get. Black electrical tape over the muzzle also helps to keep the brush, dirt and rain out. However, I never took it out on a hunt. Like the ad said, a little gun solvent removes it. Thanks for the bump.

Jerry

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Thanks, Jerry. Makes sense now, again, great rig.

Kurt

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by USMC2602

Free bump.

I had this while I lived in Alaska. Any little protection is helpful. It scrapes off rather easy while walking though the brush of Southeast Alaska, but gives a little protection. As it rains up to 13 feet a year, you want all the protection you can get. Black electrical tape over the muzzle also helps to keep the brush, dirt and rain out. However, I never took it out on a hunt. Like the ad said, a little gun solvent removes it. Thanks for the bump.

Jerry

Just took all the paint off it. Now black like originally.

Jerry

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
The rifle is SPF.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (17CalFan, 007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 1234, 58 invisible), 2,343 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,093
Posts18,464,084
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.