Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Sedona Rip-saws.
I just put a set of these on my RZR. I thought I'd post how they are for the benefit of anyone looking for tires right now.
These are 26's. I read a number of reviews saying they were smaller than advertised. Bull. They were measuring before mounting. These were 24.5" when I got them but when mounted and aired up, they're exactly 26" tall. My RZR can easily handle 27's but to use those, I'd need to get larger wheels. To gain only 1/2" in clearance isn't worth the money. Stock size is 25 and I got the 26's so I gained a little anyway. I went from 8" wide to 9 on 6" rims on the front. The rear is the same stock sized 10 wide on 8" rims. I could have got 11 or 12" for the rear but I couldn't see any need for them since I'm not carrying any heavy loads.

We put 35 miles on them on mountain trails today. They have great traction. We have very rocky mountain roads and they're excellent on them. We had very limited mud today but what we had they zipped right through and seemed to clean out very well.
I saw quite a few reviews saying they're poor in sand but we don't have any here so I don't know. I think they're too aggressive and drivers try to power their way through. They dig down way too fast in those conditions.
There's a lot of rubber in the treads and they're quite heavy. With all that rubber, there isn't much carcass exposed between treads for rocks to poke holes compared to many tires. With the heavy tread, they ride a bit stiffer than my old tires (which were pretty well shot).

The best price I found was from Rocky Mtn ATV near Salt Lake.

I accessorized these with some classy cow manure. Dealers will charge extra for that but you can get it free by driving through Nat. Forest grazing allotments.

[Linked Image]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some tough looking tires, don't think they would work up here in the muskeg swamps but look like great trail/rock tires, a lot of guys running RZR's are running those style tires too. I'm in the market for another set of tires for my Rhino and leaning towards the Mega Mayhems or MudBugs in 27".

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I suspect that these would bury you in a swamp. They'd dig in deep. I saw a pic of the Mega Mayhems. They look like they'd be much better in deep mud.
A lot of guys here run Maxxis Bighorns but they were quite a bit more expensive than these Rip Saws.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I didn't have to deal with this muskeg I'd run the Rip Saws or BIg Horns, they are both very popular up here with the sxs crowd.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

680 members (007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1936M71, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 71 invisible), 3,087 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,585
Posts18,454,262
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.